PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:23 PM #22
spaceman2141

has been a member for 10 years
pimps are great markers as well. ive used mine for a while, even shot if over my o6 ego. i use my o8 now, because it is much lighter but performs just about the same and i paid a lot of money for it. but you can find pimps real cheap used. usually under 200. they are a little heavy, but they act a beast. everyone usually hated on it until they saw it perform or they tried it out. they were very surprised.

you can also find used pm's/minions fairly cheap, probably near the same price as a pmr or mini and would offer much better quality and performance.
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2008, 09:42 PM #23
gangsteryoda5

07 fusion for sure dont get an slg

blacked out icon dm7vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3725473
gearbag sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3028338
Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 PM #24
cj9 11

cj9 11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cj9 11 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
cj9 11 plays in the APPA D5 division
I really like pmr's for the price
Old 04-09-2008, 10:06 PM #25
evolancer
改善

evolancer is a Paintball photographer
evolancer is an NCPA player
used sft shockers
Old 04-09-2008, 10:07 PM #26
martinl1030

martinl1030 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pmr w/ ul frame combo ftw
you can probly find one cheap on bst.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:17 PM #27
ilikegunz

listen up. If you want to get the most bang for ur buck I'd say go with the pm7 on firstcall. The only difference between the pm8 and the pm7 is the cosmetics (milling so pm8 is lighter). Also, it comes with the hyper 3 regulator instead of the hyper 2 which isn't much of an upgrade as far as I'm concerned. But rite now it seems like ur strapped for cash so if I were you, I'd go with and icd promaster. Icant beleive nobody even mentioned this baby. Anyway, yeah those babies used to be like $480 when they came out in 2005 and now you can pick em' up for like 140 or lower brand new. I shoot a dmc right now and am about to start shooting my new pm7 but I have shot my friends promaster and I have to say that it is pretty f'in light, pretty small, easy to rip on the trigger, very consistent over the chrono, low maintenance, pretty smooth shootin, etc. Look into it, cuz its one helluva marker and usually it is sadly underestimated.

"Please keep your arms and legs inside the field at all times. Failure to cooperate with these instructions may result in injury,death, or worse, ejection from the field."
Old 04-09-2008, 11:49 PM #28
blackmagic71

Used cocker.

My very first speedball marker was a 2001 Mechanical Black Magic. That was 02 or 03 that I got it in I believe.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:10 AM #29
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
look for a used sft shocker or pm5, you can find both for less than $200 and are much better than new guns you get for that price range.
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt
Old 04-10-2008, 12:16 AM #30
snoopdogg
♠SuperStar Status &

snoopdogg helped look for balloons
snoopdogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snoopdogg supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikegunz View Post
listen up. If you want to get the most bang for ur buck I'd say go with the pm7 on firstcall. The only difference between the pm8 and the pm7 is the cosmetics (milling so pm8 is lighter). Also, it comes with the hyper 3 regulator instead of the hyper 2 which isn't much of an upgrade as far as I'm concerned. But rite now it seems like ur strapped for cash so if I were you, I'd go with and icd promaster. Icant beleive nobody even mentioned this baby. Anyway, yeah those babies used to be like $480 when they came out in 2005 and now you can pick em' up for like 140 or lower brand new. I shoot a dmc right now and am about to start shooting my new pm7 but I have shot my friends promaster and I have to say that it is pretty f'in light, pretty small, easy to rip on the trigger, very consistent over the chrono, low maintenance, pretty smooth shootin, etc. Look into it, cuz its one helluva marker and usually it is sadly underestimated.
ayy also the pm8 got a ul frame unlike the pm7
"Originally posted by OneUp: there is no replacement for mother's milk dude. trust me i am a marine bio major. i know she's not a fish but i did have to study those things that women use to get free drinks at bars :P"

"Originally posted by outkast kid: There is no best, of anything. The world is subjective. When enough people subjectively decide they like something, it is the best. So far, no gun is the best."
Old 04-10-2008, 01:09 AM #31
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Ions and PMR's are nice. I don't care for the plastic PMR parts but they shoot great. Ions were a PITA to maintain before, but now with the bolt-out-the-back setup they are pretty darn easy. I don't care for the fact the feedneck, trigger and board all scream for upgrades. With the upgrades they cease to be a good value. If you can find a used PMR or ion that is already upped, they are great.

Minis and fusions are also very nice markers for the money. The mini had a rough launch but they are now very reliable solid little markers. Fusions are also darn nice but I do worry that if DP goes away or stops supporting them, the parts might dry up a few years down the road. Of course you may have a new marker by then.

Personally, I'm a fan of buying used highend from a few years back. Highends have little or no need for ups and often come already upped with what they do need. I'd look for a used shocker SFT, PM5, DM4, timmy, nerve, 04/05 cyborg, Angel A4 Fly or 05 Speed. Those are all proven markers from established companies with plentiful parts available. They are also in the higher end of the price range you mention. Those older markers will be a little bit heavier than the newer ones, but not much when considering a whole setup including air tank, hopper and paint. The nice thing is they are build more robustly than current markers and will stand up to more abuse like bad dives on the speed ball field.

People put too much emphasis on markers. Find one that is from a major company and feels good in your hands. Learn to maintain it and it will work just fine. I like to stick with one marker for a LONG time because once you are used to it, the paint goes right where you want. Don't buy into all that this marker is "gay" that marker "sucks" talk. They are all pretty darn good these days.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:52 AM #32
amhildreth
Sheridan Sugardaddy

Annual Supporting Member
amhildreth is a Moderator
amhildreth is a Supporting Member
amhildreth donated to help Peyton Trent
amhildreth supports Bob Gurnsey
amhildreth supports our troops
Try a few before you buy them. This thread has served its purpose.

SCP, Carter's Commandos, CanCon
Closed Thread