3. driod
4. ego 07 (screw the 08)
5. vice
Old 04-11-2008, 07:17 PM #23
SirDoomshaft (Banned)
Blibble Blabble

Quote:
Originally Posted by taatoken View Post
but with that kind of money u can get an upped ego.....
stacked tube guns are inferior to spool valves.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:21 PM #24
SirDoomshaft (Banned)
Blibble Blabble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP68/4500 View Post
Last time Smart Parts released a $1100+ gun it was $400 within a year

Nerve anyone?

cuz of bad marketing, the luxe has already made more of an impression on the paintball community then the nerve ever did.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:07 PM #25
x420psykoticx
Business Cat

Annual Supporting Member
x420psykoticx is a Supporting Member
x420psykoticx plays in the PSP
x420psykoticx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
x420psykoticx is an NCPA player
x420psykoticx is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
x420psykoticx is Legendary
x420psykoticx is Boss
I won't.
¯\(º_o)/¯ How I make intelligent posts?

Powered by: Planet Eclipse | Empire
Old 04-11-2008, 10:07 PM #26
x420psykoticx
Business Cat

Annual Supporting Member
x420psykoticx is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDoomshaft View Post
cuz of bad marketing, the luxe has already made more of an impression on the paintball community then the nerve ever did.
Riiiiiight...

Old 04-11-2008, 10:07 PM #27
x420psykoticx
Business Cat

Annual Supporting Member
x420psykoticx is Boss
Quote:
Not even close.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:36 PM #28
ALF915

basically i think i heard one kid say theyve actually held the gun . everyone else said they like the look , one said its the future of paintball (whatever bull**** that is ) . youre going to spend $1500 on this gun ? youre all falling for the hype and this is exactly what sp wants you to do . they came out with this whole new thing because its a new marketing campaign and MAY be a last sad attempt to save themselves. because lets face it , no one likes smart parts . you may like shockers (many dont) , but the company and customer service is horrible. youre like all the kids who camped out 3 days for the iphone when in 75% of the stores didnt sell out the first day . dont believe the hype

btw

EGOS FTW !
Old 04-13-2008, 01:08 PM #29
xballman312

Quote:

Nerve anyone?

hes right
i wouldnt get this gun
Old 04-13-2008, 01:29 PM #30
apbrendanw

Im curious, since when did anyone care about efficiency. If efficiency and easy upkeep really mattered that much, wouldnt we all be shooting vikings?
Old 04-13-2008, 02:34 PM #31
x Lastoutlaw X

x Lastoutlaw X supports Cereal Killerz 2
x Lastoutlaw X owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x Lastoutlaw X supports Team VICIOUS
x Lastoutlaw X has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF915 View Post
basically i think i heard one kid say theyve actually held the gun . everyone else said they like the look , one said its the future of paintball (whatever bull**** that is ) . youre going to spend $1500 on this gun ? youre all falling for the hype and this is exactly what sp wants you to do . they came out with this whole new thing because its a new marketing campaign and MAY be a last sad attempt to save themselves. because lets face it , no one likes smart parts . you may like shockers (many dont) , but the company and customer service is horrible. youre like all the kids who camped out 3 days for the iphone when in 75% of the stores didnt sell out the first day . dont believe the hype

btw

EGOS FTW !
you fail so dam hard.

blv
Old 04-14-2008, 07:55 PM #32
nickyroman

SP is a small dying co. they make good entry lavel markers however theyre trying to make a sad come back. Face the fact wen i bought my shocker it worked for the 1st 2 times i playd then every time i had to gave somthin fixed there wuz another problem. Like wtf. Now the luxe one minute i hear its the future now i hear it says voice comands to change the bord modes somteimes u have to say to ur self paintball is not ****** star trek now is it. The price will drop like a fly with in the next year wat goes up must come down.the luxe looks beutiful but is not on the field. The shocker died out bcoz it now to old to play with and keep up with other guns like egos. if store have to sell a ton of them there gona say **** egos r better and they cost less. If u cnt put them on the internet ur sqrewed coz thats the future wat r they gona do put them in a catalog or on a bill bord. HELL' NO. This a sad attempt to come back that has already failed like a nerd tryin to **** up a cheer leading squad.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:05 PM #33
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Annual Supporting Member
Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyroman View Post
SP is a small dying co. they make good entry lavel markers however theyre trying to make a sad come back. Face the fact wen i bought my shocker it worked for the 1st 2 times i playd then every time i had to gave somthin fixed there wuz another problem. Like wtf. Now the luxe one minute i hear its the future now i hear it says voice comands to change the bord modes somteimes u have to say to ur self paintball is not ****** star trek now is it. The price will drop like a fly with in the next year wat goes up must come down.the luxe looks beutiful but is not on the field. The shocker died out bcoz it now to old to play with and keep up with other guns like egos. if store have to sell a ton of them there gona say **** egos r better and they cost less. If u cnt put them on the internet ur sqrewed coz thats the future wat r they gona do put them in a catalog or on a bill bord. HELL' NO. This a sad attempt to come back that has already failed like a nerd tryin to **** up a cheer leading squad.
If you ever want people to take you seriously you're going to have to learn how to convey a clear and coherent message.

Right now I think you're stupid, and I won't waste my time trying to decipher the code you used to see if theres a valid point to what you have to say.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:58 AM #34
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
yes, somebody please do tell me why on earth will you buy it at this price range? can't quite believe right now that it shoots like $1000 better than my IQ, or $1000 better than my NXT... I'd rather wait for a DM9...

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Old 04-15-2008, 11:05 AM #35
The Others (Banned)
Sandana Soldier

The Others supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Others donated to help Peyton Trent
The Others supports Bob Gurnsey
The Others supports our troops
Really that's your call bro. but The Pl NXT's, DM8's, SL8R's, SL74's all had high price tags when they came out. But you can't fault anyone from wanting this gun. I think it will be a refreshing change if pace.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:39 AM #36
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Others View Post
Really that's your call bro. but The Pl NXT's, DM8's, SL8R's, SL74's all had high price tags when they came out. But you can't fault anyone from wanting this gun. I think it will be a refreshing change if pace.
Oh I know they all have high price tags, believe me I do, but this one seems to be more on the SL8R range, and it's not even a PL... and I'm not faulting anyone for wanting it, as a matter of fact I would want it too if it was more reasonably priced (I might be a gun whore, but I don't like to feel ripped off)... especially under the light of all the competition they'll be facing with lots of great shooting guns available for a fraction of its price... and the whole deal with the maxflo to me it'd be more of an annoying thing to deal with than anything else...and seriously, who'd pay close to $300 just for a maxflo, especially if it doesn't come with the tank, like it seems to be the case... I hope you won't be disappointed and it's all you expect it to be, but imo it's not innovation when you put together features that were available in other markers before, it's just an interpretation, and so far I haven't seen or heard anything really new about this marker, just features that were previously introduced on other platforms... nice, but not really worth the price tag imo, no matter how you spin it...

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Old 04-16-2008, 09:06 PM #37
1 Evil Package
HK army > Your army

Im going to buy the Luxe cuz Im an SP Nazi
Old 04-18-2008, 10:54 PM #38
taatoken

taatoken owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
taatoken plays in the APPA D4 division
taatoken is attending Decay of Nations VII
Red face Very very good point......

but i still like the feel of it...
Quote:

Nerve anyone?

Russian Legion Fan CLub #1109
"You better fear me, for I am Death." Bring Me the Horizon
Old 04-19-2008, 12:54 AM #39
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
So far, I'm digging the Luxe except the price (obviously) and the speaker actually. For some reason, the fact that it has a speaker just puts me off.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
Old 04-20-2008, 09:43 PM #40
RussWLW2004

The way i see it is this happens all the time in paintball, you have a company who makes a high end gun, the Ego lines. On the other end you have another company that comes out with a totally different gun, trying to give people more options for a high end gun.

I like how people sit there and say, "if your going to pay 1500$ for a luxe might as well get an up'd ego" cause yes i wanna shoot the same high end gun as everyone else.

the SL8r is price near the 2000$ mark, and people except that right away because its by a trusted company so hell i might as well just spend that money on a gun that surely will make me stand out and be a better player.

and uh correct me if im wrong, how can you compare anything to the luxe when im sure 95% of the people posting on this forum havent even shoot one yet... i love how biased people are these days...

i cant wait to see people start saying why pay close to 2000$ for a sl8r when a luxe shoots just as good...
Ebay user name- Michigan333
Old 04-21-2008, 06:02 PM #41
Cmaniac

Quote:
<-- Think you missed that part.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:33 PM #42
Crayon_Eater
Gordo Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbrendanw View Post
Im curious, since when did anyone care about efficiency. If efficiency and easy upkeep really mattered that much, wouldnt we all be shooting vikings?

I think a lot of us would be, but... well you know the story.

Anyone else think the speaker will be seriously inferior to LED or OLED?

If this thing shoots a 1800-2000 on a 68/45 and has MUCH BETTER reliability than a Shocker it might sell.

Rest In Peace Smart Parts
You Will Not Be Missed
Closed Thread