Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 03:56 PM #1
chicagos best
 
 
chicagos best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Piantball is banned in palatine il need help

hey any thing fireing a projectile is now illegal igot the cops called on me and they told me it was illegal and can now get arrested for it so what can i due about this isnt unconstitional because reguler fire arms would b e panned then to there are fields here even
__________________
Jesus is my savior


For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
chicagos best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2008, 12:33 PM #2
ycfan455
First Recon Battalion
 
ycfan455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oakland County, MI
Yeah, I'd say this is a pretty direct violation of the right to bear arms.
__________________
My Ion and A-5
→ Need a Team? Can You Earn the Uniform? Join First Recon - Oakland County, MI ←
ycfan455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:55 PM #3
chicagos best
 
 
chicagos best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
thats what i said i challenged the officer and he asked me if i would like a fine
__________________
Jesus is my savior


For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited by chicagos best : 04-08-2008 at 05:02 PM.
chicagos best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:03 PM #4
PMR PAINTBALLA 69 (Banned)
Ben-Dover
 
PMR PAINTBALLA 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ohio
dude, are you like 4?
PMR PAINTBALLA 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:01 PM #5
chicagos best
 
 
chicagos best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
i put this up for q's not age and i have the same gun and whats it to u dick face no im 14
__________________
Jesus is my savior


For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
chicagos best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:39 PM #6
Sandman 26
Obey the Seal
 
Sandman 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minnesota
Right, so a few things here
First the obvious question, what exactly were you doing when the cops got called and showed up?
Do you live in town, on the edge of town, outside of town?

This is a perfectly legal ordinance that many a town have, I know for a fact that my old town had an ordinance about using an projectiles in town. They can indeed do this because discharging a gun/bow/bbgun/paintball gun, in city limits around other houses/people is a large safety risk.

He was asking your age because you have less then perfect typing/spelling/grammar. Which I will admit I myself had trouble reading, slow down a little bit when making your posts, also name calling is not really necessary.

Answer my questions, and think about what I said, and tell me if you need more information about your situation, I'm fairly certain the police were in the right, and you might have to change what you do.
__________________
Live by the gun, die by the gun.
Sandman 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 PM #7
protoplayer18
Giggedy Giggedy Goo
 
protoplayer18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Providence, RI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR PAINTBALLA 69 View Post
dude, are you like 4?
i really dont like you ever since ive started seeing you around...


yea like first post? says is a violation of your right to bear arms... and its not even a real fire arm. its a marker and therefore with your parents permission you have the right to own any "paintball marker" you want. contact your local city hall... theres definatley legal ways to get this crap taken away
protoplayer18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 PM #8
Muskogee
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
nope, in my city it is illegal to shoot anything, including paintball markers, within city limits. This is a perfectly legal law, you can still bear arms, just not fire them unless you have to for self-defense. Which i think is a great law.
Muskogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:09 PM #9
mcnell2
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycfan455 View Post
Yeah, I'd say this is a pretty direct violation of the right to bear arms.
You have the right to bear arms, that doesnt mean you can walk around shooting them in city limits.
mcnell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:41 PM #10
tnpaintballers
 
 
tnpaintballers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycfan455 View Post
Yeah, I'd say this is a pretty direct violation of the right to bear arms.
Think about what you are saying before you say it. Just because you can't shoot your real firearm in the city limits doesn't mean you can't carry it or have it at home. This is common across America. It is illegal here to fire guns in the city but I still can have most any weapon at home and can carry my weapon. I have copied and pasted the State's definition of firearm.

Tenn. Code Ann.§ 39-11-106(11) defines “firearm” as “any weapon designed, made or adapted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or any device readily convertible to that use.”

I know this sound stupid, but I had some people back when Tippmann first release that C3 that it was an actual firearms under current state definition because it is using a propane gas explosion as the driving source for the projectile.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagos best View Post
hey any thing fireing a projectile is now illegal igot the cops called on me and they told me it was illegal and can now get arrested for it so what can i due about this isnt unconstitional because reguler fire arms would b e panned then to there are fields here even
I can't make out everything you are asking or saying. Try using some punctuation and check your spelling next time.

What I am able to make out is you claim it is unconstitutional ban. I have read the Constitution and the Amendments a few times in my life & I do not remember reading that you have the right to shoot guns of any kind when ever and where ever you want. The Bill of Rights says you have the right to bear arms...nothing in there about when and where you can shoot them. I have you a link so you can read for yourself.


http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage....db&recNum=144
__________________
TN Paintballers LLC
914 N Charles G Seivers Blvd
Clinton, TN 37716
865-457-8000
www.tnpaintballers.com
tnpaintballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:14 PM #11
chicagos best
 
 
chicagos best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
ok i didnt say or word it correctly said its illegal to own 1
__________________
Jesus is my savior


For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
chicagos best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:58 PM #12
tnpaintballers
 
 
tnpaintballers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagos best View Post
ok i didnt say or word it correctly said its illegal to own 1
Why can't you use punctuation in your post? That is why the guy asked you if you was just 4 years old because you talk like one. You don't use proper spelling, grammar and don't use any punctuation in any of your post. I am not trying to be degrading towards you, but we have to read your words several times and think about what you are trying to say because of this.

Are you saying it is illegal to own a paint marker, to fire a paint marker or is it illegal to carry a paint marker? Also post a link to this news article in your local news paper. I searched for a a while and couldn't come up with anything. I want to read over this new law you are talking about.
__________________
TN Paintballers LLC
914 N Charles G Seivers Blvd
Clinton, TN 37716
865-457-8000
www.tnpaintballers.com
tnpaintballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:41 PM #13
SpankyCocker14
Keep On Trollin' On
 
SpankyCocker14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Balls Deep In Panty Land
SpankyCocker14 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
God damn dude, use a period. Maybe a comma even. I'd settle for a hyphen even. Maybe a large quantity of spaces. SOMETHING... Anyway, Your town can ban the ownership of a paintball gun. Its all in their right. Just like towns in some states ban specific breeds of dogs. All legal.
__________________
Just Trollin' For The LuLz.
SpankyCocker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:15 PM #14
FrostedXFlames
FrostedFlames
 
FrostedXFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskogee View Post
nope, in my city it is illegal to shoot anything, including paintball markers, within city limits. This is a perfectly legal law, you can still bear arms, just not fire them unless you have to for self-defense. Which i think is a great law.
It's a great law I agree, But if there are paintball fields in the area you can't play? If its how he says it is I guess he cant play. I could not see this happening where i live haha
__________________
My FeedBack
"Originally posted by WB_ZEEB: DONT HURT MY FEELINGS I WOUL KICK UR *** IF I WASNT IN A WEELCHAIR
you are not good people :-("
FrostedXFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:08 PM #15
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!
 
Sean@smartpartswest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
 has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Belive it or not, paintball is banned in MOST city ordinances. It has to do with using air to propel an object, which BB guns, paintball guns, etc fall under. They usually do not enforce it unless you are becoming a nuisance. Which if you are, then they will.

We have a right to bear arms. Here in the US, it usually require hunter saftey course, etc to even bear arms. So, at the age of 14, do you have a liscense for a firearm?
__________________
Sean Scott
Co-Creator of Living Legends

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:31 AM #16
visor
Samurai
 
visor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lee's Summit, Mo
visor supports Cereal Killerz 2
visor is playing at Living Legends III
visor is playing at Living Legends VII
visor supports Empire
Guys I hate to bring this up but I dislike seeing the U.S. Constitution being used incorrectly. The Bill of Rights was intended to limit the national government from being able to infringe upon certain rights. Since its creation many of these rights have been incorporated to the states. Meaning the states cannot infringe upon these rights. Here is the bad news Amendment 2 the Right to Bear Arms has to this day not be incorporated to the states. Meaning state X wants to ban all firearms so that no one in that state can have a firearm they can. It would be perfectly legal until it is tested in court. At that time it will most likely lead to the incorporation of Amendment 2 to the states, but until then the states can do whatever they want with laws regarding firearms.

If you don't believe me please ask any college professor of political science or I can give examples of when some of the other amendments were incorporated. For those wondering why Amendment 2 is not incorporated to the states it is because it has never been test and brought to the Supreme Court.
__________________
St. Louis Samurai

Company's that I support: Ninja Paintball, Techt, Lurker, Pinokio
visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 AM #17
sparrow069 (Banned)
Continuing the Good Fight
 
sparrow069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagos best View Post
ok i didnt say or word it correctly said its illegal to own 1
actually your right. The government prohibits the sale of paintball markers as a recreational device to minors, therefore a minor can not willingly own or possess a paintball marker outside the confines of a field or paintball bark, and only then with signed consent and adult supervision. What do you think you need a parent or guardian to sign it for? Its to wave legal rights that they are responsable for, so if you were not at a field, and discharging your marker, then yes, YOU can get fined ANYWHERE.
sparrow069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:35 PM #18
Mr_Ray
NewSkill.
 
Mr_Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Village Ohio
Mr_Ray helped look for balloons
Well, i had the same thing happen, actully got the ticket. went to court to fight it and judge ruled in my favor, it is ILLEGAL to shoot a marker on any part of the citys property but, on a private owners property with a safety net or tarp set up (which i had) it was legal and no neighbors complained, you might want to call and find out, because all iv had to do is keep the tarp up and im good, cops came back to my house and were like you want another ticket then, i said i have a permit signed and notarized by the judge and major for me to use my marker and they didn't believe me showed then and never saw that cop again =]
__________________
"Originally posted by Skoorb: LoL!
Just goes to show, there's no job too tough for an appropriately sized hammer.:tup:"
][NVERT OWNER
*The Ultimate How To Fix Your Mini Thread*
Oliver's Law of Public Speaking
--A closed mouth gathers no feet.
I got a infraction for telling a kid to use super glue as lube !
Mr_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:46 AM #19
fatisgood93
ModestToaster
 
fatisgood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cholo and Rofl's bedroom
fatisgood93 helped look for balloons
In my town, legally, you need to have a parent with a hunting license supervising any paintball, bb gun shooting. Cops don't really care though.
fatisgood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:44 AM #20
St0KeD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
weird
St0KeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:45 AM #21
St0KeD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Good questions and answers though. I live in Mt prospect and I was thinking the same thing about legalities here.
St0KeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump