PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2008, 12:36 AM #1
GhostRideIt
Its Snowing

Woodsballer Kid

I went out with my buddy today to play some woodsball...it was all good...probably 20 people...and then there was this one kid. he was probably 10 years old...and he was playing and always wanted to be with me...but everrrrryoooonnne else there made fun of him...When he dropped a paintball they'd be like oh look his balls dropped. and then the kid didnt turn his safety on and shot the ground beside some 22 year olds foot...and the guy shoots the kid in the chest with his tib 8. I think these kinds of people ruin paintball for kids cuz the kid went home almost crying. it was ridiculous
GhostRideIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2008, 12:42 AM #2
DMMan64
OG

maybe the kid should learn to use the safety...if he's good or at least isn't annoying he shouldn't get made fun of but if he's making dumb mistakes i wouldn't feel bad for him i can understand age shouldn't matter..but ten years old is a little young, think about it thats like fourth grade but everyone has to start somewhere and i guess the earlier the better im not sure what kind of feedback/input you're looking to get those are my thoughts
Old 04-06-2008, 12:45 AM #3
Serj
Don't do drugs kids.

wtf he just took it out and shot him right there? why the **** wouldnt he get thrown out?
Serj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:06 AM #4
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRideIt View Post
I went out with my buddy today to play some woodsball...it was all good...probably 20 people...and then there was this one kid. he was probably 10 years old...and he was playing and always wanted to be with me...but everrrrryoooonnne else there made fun of him...When he dropped a paintball they'd be like oh look his balls dropped. and then the kid didnt turn his safety on and shot the ground beside some 22 year olds foot...and the guy shoots the kid in the chest with his tib 8. I think these kinds of people ruin paintball for kids cuz the kid went home almost crying. it was ridiculous
Sounds like a bunch of dumb pricks to me. I would have told them off if I was you, but thats me. I would have also told the head staff in charge. If he didn't do anything, I'd let the kids parents know about it. Not just playing taddle-tail though. This could screw the kids chances of ever playing again. I would explain to them how he was treated, how the staff handled it, and explain the kids age, and needing proper supervision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMan64 View Post
maybe the kid should learn to use the safety...if he's good or at least isn't annoying he shouldn't get made fun of but if he's making dumb mistakes i wouldn't feel bad for him i can understand age shouldn't matter..but ten years old is a little young, think about it thats like fourth grade but everyone has to start somewhere and i guess the earlier the better im not sure what kind of feedback/input you're looking to get those are my thoughts
Making fun of the kid, and SHOOTING him isn't right, and if you think it is, you need to think again.

The kid should have had proper safety explained to him, and had some tips given here, and there. I guess some people are to busy being badasses, and showing off though...
XxAltecxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:14 AM #5
Dyelightning

haha back when my buddy first got an ion he set his gun down after a match and didn't realize the trigger was sensitive and because of him being unaware some guy got shot in the crotch.
but honestly, that kid should know how to use a safety, it's a button in the frame that sticks out. not hard to miss.
Dyelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:57 AM #6
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

But until someone shows him, its just a button. Not everyone is gifted enough to know everything right away. I was annoying as hell when I was ten asking my dad how every-damn-thing in a car works. I learned though, and wired a 9-second Blazer when I was about twelve.

We all start somewhere.
XxAltecxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:40 AM #7
DoctorOfIon
Rolling proto.

if i was the kid and got shot, id shoot the guy back.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:20 AM #8
Devaut
God.

Devaut is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation

Quote:
People making fun of a 10 year old..
a little razzing is fine, it's what men do... BUT
who was with him to help him out?
who was with him to explain a barrel condom/plug, engaging a safety, and goggles on/off rules?...

people just dumping on a little kid and not helping them out isn't right, and it's kinda pointing at a bigger problem.
Ezekiel 23:20
Devaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:27 AM #9
GhostRideIt
Its Snowing

I didnt know the kid but he stuck with me all day. And the guy that shot him...thought he was king ****. He just laughed and then they all yelled like "Yea run home! its past your bedtime!" thats about when i left. or when i bunkered that guy the next game
Old 04-06-2008, 11:29 AM #10
Serj
Don't do drugs kids.

looking back on it now, i would have absolutely unloaded 20-30 rounds on the guy during a game who shot the kid

NINJA EDIT: so you did bunker the dick?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:42 AM #11
GhostRideIt
Its Snowing

Yea^^^ bonus balled too he threw his gun at me.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:47 AM #12
Devaut
God.

Devaut is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
throwing guns is bad.
Ezekiel 23:20
Devaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:37 PM #13
Serj
Don't do drugs kids.

i would have thrown his gun back at him lol
Old 04-06-2008, 02:43 PM #14
poego7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serj View Post
i would have thrown his gun back at him lol
lol.

Yea it's people like that who ruin the game for new players. You should have tried to talk to the guy who shot the kid 1 one 1 explain that he is new to the sport and that it was an accident.
She got the best of me
What was her destiny?
protege
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post69749923
poego7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:05 PM #15
Ringwood1237

Quote:
Lol I would have broken his gun. How old was he? Doesn't sound much older.
"You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."

Permanent brother with: paintballfreak45_2
Ringwood1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:43 PM #16
mellifont

i feel bad for that kid its dickholes like that, that **** the sport up
Old 04-06-2008, 03:48 PM #17
pbfanatic321 (Banned)

Yeah i hate dickheads like that. If the little kid was being a douche then thats okay but he wasn't so then why be a dickhead. Let the kid be on ur team and rape all the other kids.
pbfanatic321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:00 PM #18
Sandman 26
Obey the Seal

People who don't remember what its like to be a lil kid out for there first time really should just stop playing...

I'd have grabbed the dudes Tib 8 and pistol whipped him with it for his stupidity... but I play my woodsball on a private field, where I'm in charge so shooting a kid in the chest (for an obvious accidental discharge) would get you uninvited.

I'd take the kid out again, and try to teach him the ropes, and make sure he has a good experience of it so he keeps coming out.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:27 PM #19
Bucktoothbeaver

Quote:
i wouldve taken the gun and walked away, then he woulda been like "hey give it back!" then you hold it above your head and make him jump for it while a friend of yours video tapes it
Old 04-06-2008, 08:53 PM #20
Serj
Don't do drugs kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktoothbeaver View Post
i wouldve taken the gun and walked away, then he woulda been like "hey give it back!" then you hold it above your head and make him jump for it while a friend of yours video tapes it
did you miss the part where the 22 year old threw it? dought it would have worked...
Old 04-07-2008, 04:45 PM #21
darkwarrior2042
<>< ><>

no the people that ruin it for little kids are the people that bunker bonus ball them again and again and again