Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-14-2008, 07:51 AM #1
Sir Raph
R3PR1S3NT

has been a member for 10 years
Quality Speedball near Charlotte, NC?

I've just moved to the Charlotte area and I'm looking for a quality speedball field, indoor or outdoor. A reball place would be good too. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by Sir Raph : 02-14-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Sir Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2008, 07:15 PM #2
Brewski927
Florida Baller 407!

There are some quality fields, but no dedicated players in this area. Every field I have been to in the area (PBC, Golddiggers, and Scrap That), the players just sit around and shoot the ****. If I wanted to feel like I was at a coffee shop, I would go to Starbucks! I'm from Florida and the players there actually want to play and they don't sit around. I used to think 5 minutes turnarounds were bad, the other day at Golddiggers they played two games in two hours! That is horrible! I would not pay a dime to play two games in two hours! I can't wait to move back to a place where people who play paintball actually play! The people from this area have no heart! They just want to sit around and look at eachothers' guns!
Russian Legion #608
Tampa Bay Damage #102
If you think agg is pointless and has nothing to do with paintball, put this in your sig
HSP

DRAXXUS PANTS F/S
Brewski927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:25 PM #3
CRmomma

CRmomma donated to help Peyton Trent
CRmomma supports Team VICIOUS
CRmomma supports Team VICIOUS
Wow!!!! You are so wrong about the people in this area having no heart when it comes to playing paintball. I know some that play at least 2 times a week and more. Yes in the Charlotte, Concord and Locust (Golddiggers) area. Hope you give these places another try and get to know some of the dedicated players.
CRmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:31 PM #4
Brewski927
Florida Baller 407!

When I say dedicated, I don't mean that they don't ever show up to a field to play. I mean they would rather sit around at the field and smack eachothers ***** and shoot the ****, then getting their ***** in gear and play some paintball.
Russian Legion #608
Tampa Bay Damage #102
If you think agg is pointless and has nothing to do with paintball, put this in your sig
HSP

DRAXXUS PANTS F/S
Old 03-02-2008, 08:21 PM #5
bobbye (Banned)

go back to florida f@g!
bobbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 PM #6
bobbye (Banned)

eric tang ftw
bobbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:01 PM #7
gzinthehood
•••K3 Productions•••

gzinthehood is a Moderator
gzinthehood is a Supporting Member
gzinthehood plays in the PSP
gzinthehood is an NCPA player
Actually, you did ask what teams there where... right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski927 View Post
What teams do they have now? None!
Other than us, some teams that play at PBC Charlotte include the huge army of Gravity Teams, probably about 6-7 teams, only 1-2 in each division, Carolina Heat, Cosa Nostra, Infectious, and every so often some Kryptonite guys come around

That is just at PBC, I know for a fact CPP offers some amazing talent with... dun dun dun... quick play between games!

Obviously open play won't have quick turn around, half the people you play in open group are rentals or very inexperienced, and wouldn't be able to do 5 min turn arounds to save their lives

You just have to scout the scene, and try to go on days that these teams are having practice, and if they will let you practice with them

and for the record, Charlotte is a city, but the "Charlotte area" is huge, yes, even Rock Hill SC is considered in the Charlotte area, and can be referred to as Charlotte, because if anyone is referring to the city itself, they say "Downtown Charlotte"
FREE GOLD UPS!

Last edited by gzinthehood : 03-05-2008 at 11:40 PM.
gzinthehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:29 PM #8
vman722
~CEP~

vman722 is a Professional paintball player
vman722 plays in the PSP
vman722 plays in the APPA Pro division
Trauma and Gridlock had nothing to do with scrimmaging other teams lol they just decided to cancel the program for other reasons. If you aren't aware Trauma won the NXL world cup a couple years back so you can't say they didn't go anywhere. And BTW it's you who is not going anywhere in life with that ****ty attitude. Stop *****ing like a five year old and talking bout the NFL and go play some paintball.
Chattanooga CEP #4
DYE Paintball---DYE CG Paint---Minor League Paintball
vman722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:34 PM #9
gzinthehood
•••K3 Productions•••

gzinthehood is a Moderator
gzinthehood is a Supporting Member
gzinthehood plays in the PSP
gzinthehood is an NCPA player
Trauma scrimmaged other NXL teams all the time... I filmed all the local ones, which is why I've made nearly 40 videos in the past 2 years

They scrimmaged RL, Ultimate, Philly, X-Factor, and Infamous all just at PBC South in 06 and 07, most of them multiple times, not to mention the teams they scrimmaged on the road, which was quite numerous, as well as having a scrimmage a few days before an event somewhere local to the event.

Although I did not keep up with the Gridlock teams near as well, I believe they did similar things. I know at one point they were scrimmaging off and on with Thrash every few weeks. I know the D1 team often scrimmaged the same teams as Trauma at the scrimmages.
FREE GOLD UPS!

Last edited by gzinthehood : 03-05-2008 at 11:40 PM.
gzinthehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:37 PM #10
Wesleyj
Wesleyj here

Wesleyj plays in the PSP
Wesleyj owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wesleyj plays in the APPA D4 division
Alright, so with the arguing and complaining out of the way. PBC is the way to go if your in the Charlotte area.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:41 AM #11
Cash_
Uhhh....Whats up?

for sure the reason no one see's the "talent" is because they all play for teams and are not out there on walk on days or they are not with the walk on's

show up this saturday or ask when a practice and go play
Old 03-06-2008, 02:04 PM #12
Carolina Rebel
hi hi yikas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash_ View Post
show up this saturday or ask when a practice and go get worked by a sniper
Carolina Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:05 PM #13
Cash_
Uhhh....Whats up?

shhhh eric dont tell my secrets
Old 03-06-2008, 09:59 PM #14
QC Elite

yea go out to the pbc charlotte field this weekend and gravity will be practicing after the 3 man and i will probably be out the on sunday playing again. theres always someone out there to play with weather its one on ones or five on fives just start asking people
QC Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:02 PM #15
dcw

the key to going on a day where there will be alot of people is:
1.make sure the weather is good
2. look on the forums to find team practices
3. look for special events (summer xball, cfoa practices, and such)
4. call the field before u leave and find out if its a "good day".

and to the guy from Florida. U suck... go back home. pbc is a freakin awesome park. there is a park down the street from pbc. i would love you to go out there and try to have a great time.
GOOD DAY!!!

Last edited by leed : 03-09-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: There is an Edit Button for a reason.
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:56 AM #16
JamLandoBalla

No disrespect but Brewski is right. I've played at PBC before and I've never seen such people that lack motivation and desire to play. The turn out wasn't even good when I went there. There were about 10 maybe 15 people when I went. That doesn't even compare to what the turnout is at any paintball field in Florida. I mean probably the best field (Hypersports Park) in the Orlando area had over 250 people come out to play last weekend and it wasn't for a scenario event.
JamLandoBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:14 AM #17
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
elfwoo2 plays in the APPA beginner division
and i trust your honesty. I also know that he has not been there enough to be able to apply what he saw one weekend and assume that it is always like that. there are times when there are hundreds of people and then another 4 team xball scrimmage going on, considering it has 4 xball fields and a nppl field along with pipes, woods and mounds.

you cannot expect so many people to go to a field in the cold rain snowy NC as you are seeing in FL right now...
Old 03-09-2008, 01:27 PM #18
Brewski927
Florida Baller 407!

Hey. If I offended any of you I'm sorry. But I was just trying to get my point across. I would just like to play and actually play against some people and not just sit around. I hope that the next time I go to a field in the area, that some of you prove me wrong. I would love to be proven wrong. It's just hard coming from a place where it is no problem to run back to back to back games and then come here where it is hard to get two games in 30 to 45 minutes. Like I said earlier I don't question the talent. I just want to play really bad. You can't hate on me for having the desire to play all the time. Once again I'm sorry if offended any of you.
Russian Legion #608
Tampa Bay Damage #102
HSP

DRAXXUS PANTS F/S

Last edited by Brewski927 : 03-09-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:19 PM #19
dolsen1005

dolsen1005 supports DLX Technology
dolsen1005 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski927 View Post
There are some quality fields, but no dedicated players in this area.
how do you expect that not to offend anyone

Sponsored by:G.I. Sportz | V Force | Empire | Paintball Central | MMPhotography

RIP Kenny Yi, Mikey Ferg RIP
dolsen1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:11 PM #20
Brewski927
Florida Baller 407!

I didn't say I didn't expect to offend anyone. I knew that what I said was going to piss some people off. But guess what I am entitled to my opinion, just like you are entitled to yours.
Russian Legion #608
Tampa Bay Damage #102
HSP

DRAXXUS PANTS F/S
Old 03-09-2008, 11:35 PM #21
Cash_
Uhhh....Whats up?

ill agree some kids just do sit around but you do have to remember the charlote area has ALOT of teams and most of the kids who are good or even decent are on them so they save for practice.

thats why were saying look for practices because almost always they are open practices and the games get run back to back it just depends

im there almost every weekend and ill agree with the lack of motivation but you have to let people do what they want i mean some people dont like the back to back thing. some people like to just take their time and get ready it just depends on who is there.