Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 07:26 PM #43
juice_88
Icarus
 
juice_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Jersey
Que?
__________________
<My Feedback>
"Originally posted by mucStsihcranA: YOU TELL EM, PLANKTON!"


Darker Qorners
juice_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2008, 07:28 PM #44
WeToYou
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice_88 View Post
Just because a band calls themselves something does not make it true. I can't tell you how many metalcore bands label themselves as metal.
I agree to an extent.
Don't you think that the band has more a say over what they are? Since they're the most definitive classification you can get? One fan/hater would call them metal, one fan/hater wouldn't, so it's kind of arrogant to go with anything but what the band calls themselves.

And I called him a nerd because he said:
"Do you see what I did thar?"
I dislike that very much .
WeToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:30 PM #45
dustinsobolik
Fargo United
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoDak
dustinsobolik is a Supporting Member
Emo or not they still blow equally hard.
dustinsobolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:31 PM #46
juice_88
Icarus
 
juice_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinsobolik View Post
Emo or not they still blow equally hard.
Qft. (They're still emo).
__________________
<My Feedback>
"Originally posted by mucStsihcranA: YOU TELL EM, PLANKTON!"


Darker Qorners
juice_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:31 PM #47
Beenard
?
 
Beenard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Obvious Troll is Obvious
__________________
Do what you want cause a Pirate is free, You are a Pirate!
Beenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:32 PM #48
WeToYou
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice_88 View Post
Qft. (They're still emo).
They aren't emo, but if you'd like to ignorant, enjoy yourselves. I personally enjoy a few of the songs, but if someone doesn't like them, then I do not care. This thread is more about people using the word "emo" too much, with Panic at the Disco being my prime example.

PS: Why do people say nerdy sayings all the time like
"obvious troll is obvious"
or
"Do you see what I did thar?"
WeToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:33 PM #49
juice_88
Icarus
 
juice_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeToYou View Post
They aren't emo, but if you'd like to ignorant, enjoy yourselves. I personally enjoy a few of the songs, but if someone doesn't like them, then I do not care. This thread is more about people using the word "emo" too much, with Panic at the Disco being my prime example.
First of all, I would not like to ignorant.

Second of all: yes, the term emo is thrown around too much. This doesn't change the fact that you chose a poor example to argue this point.
__________________
<My Feedback>
"Originally posted by mucStsihcranA: YOU TELL EM, PLANKTON!"


Darker Qorners
juice_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:34 PM #50
WeToYou
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice_88 View Post
First of all, I would not like to ignorant.

Second of all: yes, the term emo is thrown around too much. This doesn't change the fact that you chose a poor example to argue this point.
They aren't emo though. Give me one song that's slightly emo. None of them follow any of the Emo wave's styles. I feel it's a very reasonable example.

And stop pointing out people's spelling errors, it's incredibly lame and no one enjoys it. It just makes you look very arrogant.
WeToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:46 PM #51
dustinsobolik
Fargo United
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoDak
dustinsobolik is a Supporting Member
No, it just makes you look stupid. Especially since you just recently joined PbN.
dustinsobolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:47 PM #52
ProCarbinesRule! (Banned)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Baldwin's
what was the point of bringing this up?

i mean they arent very good.

their song names are long and make no sense

the only people who enjoy Panic at the Toolshed are 13-14 year old girls and maybe some really really gay boys. not men but boys.
ProCarbinesRule! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:49 PM #53
WeToYou
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinsobolik View Post
No, it just makes you look stupid. Especially since you just recently joined PbN.
Because I forgot to put "be" in my sentence? Oh no. I must have down syndrome!

It's obvious this man who likes to correct everyone's grammar wants some sort of feeling of control or superiority, and everyone seems to gather around him because of it. I don't really mind, it just makes conversation lame when people can't have a debate without picking out little things like spelling.

Last edited by WeToYou : 04-03-2008 at 07:51 PM.
WeToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 PM #54
ProCarbinesRule! (Banned)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Baldwin's
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeToYou View Post
Because I forgot to put "be" in my sentence? Oh no. I must have down syndrome!

It's obvious this man who likes to correct everyone's grammar wants some sort of feeling of control or superiority, and everyone seems to gather around him because of it. I don't really mind, it just makes conversation lame when people can't have a debate without picking out little things like spelling.
if you want your opinion to matter you best have decent grammar if anyone is going to take you seriously.

i would like you to answer my previous post
ProCarbinesRule! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:52 PM #55
WeToYou
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCarbinesRule! View Post
what was the point of bringing this up?

i mean they arent very good.

their song names are long and make no sense

the only people who enjoy Panic at the Toolshed are 13-14 year old girls and maybe some really really gay boys. not men but boys.
ProCarb, I liked a few of their songs from the first album. Not any of the lead singles, just some of the less-poppy tracks. I was much younger though when the album came out, as I said. I do enjoy their newest album, as it's completely different. Only reason I'm stating this is because they were pop-rock back then, and now they're folk-rock. They've not been emo, ever. It's just because Fall Out Boy is an "associated act" that they're considered emo. This is why I brought it up. Emo is thrown around alot, and it annoys me, so I wanted to see people's opinion.

PS: For ****'s sake, be patient. I can't answer your post the minute after it's posted.
WeToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:52 PM #56
juice_88
Icarus
 
juice_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Jersey
No one gathers around me for my being a grammar Nazi. In fact, I'm often criticized for it. So don't even try to play that card.

Second of all, why do you think everyone but you has the same consensus? It couldn't be that perhaps we... might be...(oh God)..... right???? A lot of us in this forum are very particular about music, and spend hours upon hours listening and learning about music that is available to us. We know what we're talking about, we're not your average freshman douchbag that listens to **** like Panic at the Disco. (Do you see what I did there?)
__________________
<My Feedback>
"Originally posted by mucStsihcranA: YOU TELL EM, PLANKTON!"


Darker Qorners
juice_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:56 PM #57
WeToYou
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice_88 View Post
No one gathers around me for my being a grammar Nazi. In fact, I'm often criticized for it. So don't even try to play that card.

Second of all, why do you think everyone but you has the same consensus? It couldn't be that perhaps we... might be...(oh God)..... right???? A lot of us in this forum are very particular about music, and spend hours upon hours listening and learning about music that is available to us. We know what we're talking about, we're not your average freshman douchbag that listens to **** like Panic at the Disco. (Do you see what I did there?)
Lol at people being right. It's opinion. You're a very arrogant control-freak, I see. If you think your opinion is right then you aren't a very logical person, as opinions are opinions, not facts.

And I listen to a lot of music aswell. From death metal to pop.
WeToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:59 PM #58
juice_88
Icarus
 
juice_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Jersey
If you listened to death metal, then you wouldn't have said what you said in your original post.

I'm not arrogant, but I hold people to a much higher standard than most. Why? I abhor this country for what it has become, and I feel that someone needs to teach the retards of this age how to act like a human being instead of "dud how u liek dis ****?!?!?1?!?!/1/!??!?!?!?!"

I didn't say I was right. I never said that my opinion was fact. You assumed that.
__________________
<My Feedback>
"Originally posted by mucStsihcranA: YOU TELL EM, PLANKTON!"


Darker Qorners
juice_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:02 PM #59
WeToYou
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice_88 View Post
If you listened to death metal, then you wouldn't have said what you said in your original post.

I'm not arrogant, but I hold people to a much higher standard than most. Why? I abhor this country for what it has become, and I feel that someone needs to teach the retards of this age how to act like a human being instead of "dud how u liek dis ****?!?!?1?!?!/1/!??!?!?!?!"

I didn't say I was right. I never said that my opinion was fact. You assumed that.
Lol. I do listen to Death Metal. I just was being a bit of an *** into my original post, which I don't mind admitting.

You asked me if I ever thought you might just be right. Only facts are right. To think your opinion is the "right" opinion is to think it is a fact.

And you do not need to teach people how to spell who are spelling mostly correct. I mean, I type rather fast, lost track of my thoughts, and forgot to add in a simple word. You understood what I meant, and it's obvious that I know how to use grammar, so I don't understand why you would pick out something so petty in the middle of a debate.
WeToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:06 PM #60
christmasbandit
have a metal christmas
 
christmasbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: amarillo,texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeToYou View Post
They aren't emo, but if you'd like to ignorant, enjoy yourselves. I personally enjoy a few of the songs, but if someone doesn't like them, then I do not care. This thread is more about people using the word "emo" too much, with Panic at the Disco being my prime example.

PS: Why do people say nerdy sayings all the time like
"obvious troll is obvious"
or
"Do you see what I did thar?"
People also use the words "***" and "queer" and etc. to much, but I'm not going to make a thread about it just because I don't like it.

My advice is to just quit while you're not making too much of an *** out of yourself.
__________________
Dying with our one passion, music: the greatest wealth of them all.
We must play on.

Feedback

ST:Metal Thread: Bubinga Wood
I love goddamned metal thread!

Last edited by christmasbandit : 04-03-2008 at 08:08 PM.
christmasbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:07 PM #61
juice_88
Icarus
 
juice_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Jersey
I asked if you ever thought we were right. That is not the same as "I'm right, you're wrong." This isn't Matilda here. The words "perhaps" and "might" are not the same as "I am" or anything else like that.

As for my being a grammar Nazi: the degree of the standard I hold people (and myself) to is, like I said, a much higher degree than most people hold others to. It's what I do. If it bothers you that much, take 5 seconds to read what you're writing.
__________________
<My Feedback>
"Originally posted by mucStsihcranA: YOU TELL EM, PLANKTON!"


Darker Qorners
juice_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:08 PM #62
WeToYou
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by christmasbandit View Post
People also use the words "***" and "queer" and etc. to much, but I'm not going to make a thread about it just because I don't like it.

My advice is to just quit while you're not making too much of an *** out of yourself.
Well, those are curse words which are quite popular, and have an array of meanings.
This is about mislabeling bands with different genres. You're making a completely invalid point.
WeToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:08 PM #63
pimpinsaylor (Banned)
 
pimpinsaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
pimpinsaylor is a Supporting Member
What death metal bands do you listen to?
pimpinsaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump