Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 08:44 PM #85
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base
 
papaintballer15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: sticks of PA
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by spifbob View Post
Needs cocker threads to be honest. Egos and DMs and Marqs and everything else except Angels have cocker threads; why the need to force us to buy new barrels?

If the gun performs well and gains a reputation for consistency and reliability, it will be the next cool thing. That is all. But still... cocker threads already SP.
seeing as they already have Ion/impulse/smart parts dyes for the threading, it'd cost less then having to buy cocker ones. Most barrels and kits are available in smart parts threads too.
__________________
Part of my Evo collection for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4027625
papaintballer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2008, 09:12 PM #86
spifbob
 
 
spifbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
spifbob supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15 View Post
seeing as they already have Ion/impulse/smart parts dyes for the threading, it'd cost less then having to buy cocker ones. Most barrels and kits are available in smart parts threads too.
I'm talking about people who have already invested good money in barrels/kits that are currently NOT using a SP marker. I hear this gripe constantly wherever I've been. It's not a huge deal, but it's certainly an unnecessary incompatibility.

Retooling (if even necessary) would be a minor inconvenience at best.
spifbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:24 PM #87
Grat
 
 
Grat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Dakota
Annual Supporting Member
I just hope that these guns aren't as crappy as minis were when they first came out.
__________________
Aimless Factory
Grat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:36 PM #88
Kspaintballer101
On the field since '98
 
Kspaintballer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Kspaintballer101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Considering that they're nothing like Minis, made by a different company completely, and aren't based on a completely new internals system like Minis were, I'd say there's a pretty good chance they'll do just fine.
__________________
KS Ballers Club Member #10
1/24 Vego9 and 1 of 1 factory Orange Ego7 $625 or trade!?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070878
Kspaintballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:09 PM #89
paintball freak!9732
this user title sucks
 
paintball freak!9732's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 201
i'd like to point out, mini's are, and were nothing new.
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/anim.../invert_dj.gif

that is the animation for the king cobra, which came out in 05.

I currently can not find a picture of it, sorry.
paintball freak!9732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:49 PM #90
Ydna
timetraveler
 
Ydna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tecumseh MI
Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
The problem with the King Cobra was even though it had already been around for over a year it was still largley unused. I doubt they made more than 1000 of those old beauties
It meant that when the Mini was released, it was still a relatively new design even though it had already been used by a handful of poeple for a few months/years. And still had some quirks here and there.
__________________
ydna@zdspb.com - [ZDSPB.com]
Nummech Products
Thin Air Sports

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:31 PM #91
fAllout_oMen
 
 
fAllout_oMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha-Italian-Stallion View Post
Ions are like 90% plastic, the profit margin for SP must b rediculous.
Ions are not 90% plastic. The grip frame/trigger are the only functioning plastic peices. The body/reg sleeve don't do anything really. You can take them off. It will look weird however.


And I have a first-run mini, that is still shooting just as good as when I first bought it. The only problem originally was the boards, and any other problem was from people not knowing how to maintain for set it up correctly. Mine has had less problems than my quest.
fAllout_oMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:43 PM #92
nickyroman
08
 
nickyroman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N.J.
Going back to the sewin thing dude heres how it goes if someone copies u and u wana make alot of money u sue them. So say that SP made and open bolt marker like and ego, Fusion, alias, protege, theyd all sew SP until SP was dead *** broke then they start sewing each other until there was one supior co. Y dosent Eclpise sew Bob Long and Mac Dev and Dangerous power for making open dolt markers as they all do or vice versa. No clue. Its just that SP wants to be a monoply. This can be bad or good like 1 bad reason would be everyone would be shooting a SP except for about like 30 %. but a good reason would be if they took a small fraction of there profit and put it toward tournys and TV shows so thast they can make paintball as big as soccer or lacrosse or baseball or basketball or footbal but it would be very hard and evben if that were possible paintball would have to change drasticly. Even though this would have to change sometime in the far future. But to get this many people playing wuld be to make paint very cheap and it would have to be good paint not monster balls. because thats wat kills people and makes them unable to afford paintball. the oaint once u buy ur gear like u no ur pod pack and guna nd hopper and apparel and mask ect. U have to pay a ton to buy paint like 50 bux a case and if u go through paint mad fast it is hard to afford paintball. And byop fields dont make much cake and still u have to buy ur paint this sport cnt get to much bigger unless paint prices drop or co.s find a good efficient way to produce paint that wont chop evry 3 shots. until then the sport cnt grow.
__________________
Vintage Arurora'd Ego8
nickyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:55 PM #93
DARCA
 
 
DARCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Puget Sound, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fblainen11 View Post
I agree, and they will get my business before eclipse and dye...WHY?
because its a rip-off to release a new gun every year and raise the price on it because it comes with a little less metal.
SP imo does it right, instead of coming out with a new gun, they keep working on past models and perfect them, then start selling them with the new updates.
Prepare to see a "new" but the same luxe for the next 3-4 years.
DARCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:34 PM #94
cash money87 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
cash money87 plays in the PSP
cash money87 plays in the APPA D5 division
smart parts.. please please give up on making high ends. please. you guys are really good at making low ends. focus on lower ends your high end stuff is junk. who would spend 1200 for a sp product. when you can get a sweet ego 08 for the same price. so please stop
cash money87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:19 AM #95
Kspaintballer101
On the field since '98
 
Kspaintballer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Kspaintballer101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just so you know, you are in no way speaking to anybody affiliated with smart parts. The Luxe will be great, and there's nothing bad about shockers. You my friend are mistaken.
__________________
KS Ballers Club Member #10
1/24 Vego9 and 1 of 1 factory Orange Ego7 $625 or trade!?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070878
Kspaintballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:13 AM #96
hWood
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyroman View Post
Going back to the sewin thing dude heres how it goes if someone copies u and u wana make alot of money u sue them. So say that SP made and open bolt marker like and ego, Fusion, alias, protege, theyd all sew SP until SP was dead *** broke then they start sewing each other until there was one supior co. Y dosent Eclpise sew Bob Long and Mac Dev and Dangerous power for making open dolt markers as they all do or vice versa. No clue. Its just that SP wants to be a monoply. This can be bad or good like 1 bad reason would be everyone would be shooting a SP except for about like 30 %. but a good reason would be if they took a small fraction of there profit and put it toward tournys and TV shows so thast they can make paintball as big as soccer or lacrosse or baseball or basketball or footbal but it would be very hard and evben if that were possible paintball would have to change drasticly. Even though this would have to change sometime in the far future. But to get this many people playing wuld be to make paint very cheap and it would have to be good paint not monster balls. because thats wat kills people and makes them unable to afford paintball. the oaint once u buy ur gear like u no ur pod pack and guna nd hopper and apparel and mask ect. U have to pay a ton to buy paint like 50 bux a case and if u go through paint mad fast it is hard to afford paintball. And byop fields dont make much cake and still u have to buy ur paint this sport cnt get to much bigger unless paint prices drop or co.s find a good efficient way to produce paint that wont chop evry 3 shots. until then the sport cnt grow.
sew: to unite or fasten by stitches

sue: to seek justice or right from by legal process
hWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 AM #97
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!
 
Sean@smartpartswest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
 has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2600786 - If you want to discuss legalities of Smart Parts in an adult manner. If this arm chair patent lawyer thing keeps going, I will report people for trolling. There is a thread where you can learn about the legalities and what Smart Parts does.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2634358 If you want to learn what SP does for it's dealers. Has some interesting stuff there.

TROLLING
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]
__________________
Sean Scott
Co-Creator of Living Legends

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:52 PM #98
Mc.Gregory
716
 
Mc.Gregory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ŴŅỲ
Mc.Gregory plays in the PSP
Mc.Gregory plays in the APPA D4 division
sp has shockers as there high end they wanted something better i dont think that it was wrong of them to do so..
__________________
"Never tell anybody outside of the famley what you are thinking again" - Don Vito Corleone
Mc.Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:45 PM #99
tbeaton
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: mass, haverhill
 has been a member for 10 years
tbeaton owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tbeaton owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kspaintballer101 View Post
Just so you know, you are in no way speaking to anybody affiliated with smart parts. The Luxe will be great, and there's nothing bad about shockers. You my friend are mistaken.
nothing wrong except, the huge trigger frame and body, the trigger that rubs in the trigger frame, the ****ty orings that hold your feed neck in place, the junk asa and the gay wrench you need to screw with the hp reg. they shoot nice and are good x-ball guns but they suck imo for 7 man when you actually have to walk the trigger.

i think based on the look of the gun it will be nice, but why make the vert reg so far out? it looks like an older timmy. and i'm not a fan of having to use the maxflow, the chrome or the magnetic eye covers.
__________________
old school feed back http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post30223592
tbeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:58 PM #100
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!
 
Sean@smartpartswest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
 has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeaton View Post
nothing wrong except, the huge trigger frame and body, the trigger that rubs in the trigger frame, the ****ty orings that hold your feed neck in place, the junk asa and the gay wrench you need to screw with the hp reg. they shoot nice and are good x-ball guns but they suck imo for 7 man when you actually have to walk the trigger.

i think based on the look of the gun it will be nice, but why make the vert reg so far out? it looks like an older timmy. and i'm not a fan of having to use the maxflow, the chrome or the magnetic eye covers.
It as a q-lock on it, so there are no orings. The gun is quite small actuall when you get it in your hands. You can rip on them just fine. Have you shot one? Then it is kind of hard to have an opinion on the way it shoots. Also, you need an allen wrench to adjust the velocity.

The reg is far out for a reason. It gives you MORE control when you run full speed and gun. It gives you a more stable platform. Have you used amisc maxflow? or even the new magnetic detent covers? Probably not, so once again. Hard to have an opinon. The magnetic covers are cool as hell. Push forward and they pop off. No tools needed to clean this bad boy.
__________________
Sean Scott
Co-Creator of Living Legends

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:08 PM #101
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks
 
yuik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
as for seans shocker defense. I shot an nxt for the day and the pivot on the trigger is horrible. almost as bad as the sft. (my defense for why the sfts trigger frame sucked balls is because you saw more sfts with other company frames than any other gun, tell me how many egos you saw with sft frames compared to sfts with ego frames, hell why would people make so many aftermarket trigger frames if the sfts had good frames, ie you dont see new designs out selling the ul frame for proto rails, because dye made a good frame that people want, sp on the other hand didnt which is why other people want other aftermarket frames). the wrench is dumb, everyone has alen keys and a wrench is almost as bad a karni ivg. Um the bolt stick blows and its worse than any other spooly i have shot (yep even worse than the ion i had with a warped bolt from the factory, dont flame i traded it 2 weeks later). And the efficency is meh at best which is why people have to do the spring mod to make it back man capable in 7 man. The problem that sp has always had is the nessecary upgrades. Hell the imp had to have a was board and tapeworm if you wanted a somewhat decent gun, the sft had to have the he bolt, and the nxt needs the spring mod. and the ion needs everything. People dont like the preachy type sean. constantly defending your gun isnt going to get people to say hey thats cool let me try it, letting a guns performance speak for itself will. Like icd did with the 2006 freestyle with that video of the guy taking it around to random people letting them rip on it. they didnt address the flaws they just showed you the gun straight up and let you decide if you liked it (and it was somewhat popular gun for icd).

sean grow up man. listen reporting people because you dont like what they say isnt going to prove anything. seriously why would anyone take your threats seriously. half the people you accuse of trolling arnt trolling. they are posting relevant topics that you dont agree with. thats your problem not pbnations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonicRiot View Post


your a *******, you say they are hindering the industry by enforcing their patents, thats just good business any company would do it. If companies come out with the same gun as them that hurts them cause then they have to compete over the price of their marker. It also makes people have to think of better ways to make a pb gun so they can get into the business, because honestly we dont need people starting companies that are selling the same guns as other companies.
starting each point off with an insult doesnt make your statements stronger.

if they were truely trying to innovate when enforcing their patents then they would have hired al from aka to work for them to allow him to keep innovating.
you have no idea what we are talking about. THE SP PATENTS ARE SO BROAD THAT THEY CRIPPLE INNOVATION BECAUSE THEY ARNT SPECIFIC TO SP PRODUCTS. You mean to tell me a viking, a freestyle, a promaster, an emag, were all knockoffs to a ion shocker or impulse? because all of those guns arnt being made anymore thanks to SPs patent and i didnt see how they were similiar to any sp gun other than the fact that they used a battery and were electrically operated.
__________________
if you have an ebay account and want to make 3$ in paypal for 5 min of your time pm me!
Closed Bolt Ballers!

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!

Last edited by yuik : 04-23-2008 at 03:16 PM.
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:16 PM #102
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!
 
Sean@smartpartswest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
 has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
My problem are people who come on to forums that have an opinion, but it is an uninformed opinion. Just correcting him.

And if you want to go off topic concerning patents, go here

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2600786

You may learn something as well.
__________________
Sean Scott
Co-Creator of Living Legends

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:00 PM #103
thatdoolinkid
 
 
thatdoolinkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Provo, UT
Quote:
and there's nothing good about shockers
fixed
__________________
Looking for happiness? Visit us at www.mormon.org

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
thatdoolinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:00 PM #104
EgoManiacal
We'll make great pets.
 
EgoManiacal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Green Line
I would like to preface this post with a comment that I am currently building an Ion, because it is a very simple and elegant design, albeit poorly executed by SP for the sake of producing a low end ep marker. Many in the tinkering community have recognized the Ion's potential, and frankly depending on how much money you put into it the Ion can perform as well as many mid to high priced guns, shocker included.

"AKA had every opportunity to license, we did not put them out of business. They put themselves out of business"

Everyone on here either agrees or disagrees with this statement, honestly I don't care.

Back on topic, I don't really know why this thread exists. DLX is very plainly a branch of SP created to re-capture the high end market. They have their own line of guns (well, one at the moment), which combine many innovations from other companies, but alot of companies do that. These are little things, like using magnets instead of screws, and for some reason changing the BOB system (didn't know an allen key was that tough to use, but I guess if you're paying 1500 for a gun it should wipe your ***). See ASA purge systems, the application of break beam eyes, clamping feednecks, etc. There's nothing difficult about this concept, and no matter how much denial comes from the SP reps that's what it is.

Nothing's wrong with this, it's just marketing, which SP should be good at. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner. If you believe the product is worth the extra price, you'll pay it. If not, you'll go somewhere else. Get over it.

But if DLX tries to patent their little "innovations" that they are borrowing from other designs, (considered prior art in patent law) they'll just get nailed even harder for just being another Smart Parts. And I'll be sitting back laughing and crying, laughing at them for thinking that the community wouldn't notice and at the same time crying over the number of rediculous threads it spawns.
__________________
Everything interesting happens in the frequency domain.
exp[iπ] = − 1
EgoManiacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:35 PM #105
Kspaintballer101
On the field since '98
 
Kspaintballer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Kspaintballer101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeaton View Post
nothing wrong except, the huge trigger frame and body, the trigger that rubs in the trigger frame, the ****ty orings that hold your feed neck in place, the junk asa and the gay wrench you need to screw with the hp reg. they shoot nice and are good x-ball guns but they suck imo for 7 man when you actually have to walk the trigger.

i think based on the look of the gun it will be nice, but why make the vert reg so far out? it looks like an older timmy. and i'm not a fan of having to use the maxflow, the chrome or the magnetic eye covers.
Perhaps if your fingers were fast that wouldn't be much of a problem. Shockers are normally easy to walk, unless you let some moron mess with your trigger. Or if it has a NDZ wave trigger...
__________________
KS Ballers Club Member #10
1/24 Vego9 and 1 of 1 factory Orange Ego7 $625 or trade!?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070878
Kspaintballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump