PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2008, 06:07 PM #64
Kspaintballer101
On the field since '98

Kspaintballer101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Also, teams like the Ironmen get at least 3 guns per event.
KS Ballers Club Member #10
1/24 Vego9 and 1 of 1 factory Orange Ego7 $625 or trade!?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070878
Kspaintballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:36 PM #65
lp7159
i dont even paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOSFTW View Post
I AGREE WITH YOU BUT I THINK SP DID SOMETHING GOOD WHEN THEY WENT FOR THE LOW END GUNS I MEAN WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE THE NEW PLAYERS BUY THE NEW O8 EGOS AND CRAP WHEN THEY FIRST START AND MAKE THE SPORT LOOK LIKE THE ONLY WAY YOU GET TO BE GOOD IS IF YOUR RICH OR HAVE THEM START LOW END AND GET BETTER WITH LESS QUALITY AND WORK THER WAY INTO THE HIGHER END, i MEAN WE ALL STARTED CHEAP.
Your stupid
lp7159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:44 PM #66
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kspaintballer101 View Post
I seem to recall SP endorsing that last World Cup that was on tv..... and the Ultimate Arena Paintball show........
SP is trying hard to make it mainstream, but one company can't carry a whole sport to the masses on their back.
Smart Parts has already spent millions upon millions of dollars (literally) on the television endeavor, knowing it was money being essentially thrown away with no return at all. Maybe someday they'll get it back in the same form.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 PM #67
guitared4life
Checkley

guitared4life plays in the PSP
guitared4life owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
guitared4life plays in the APPA D5 division
guitared4life has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
my idea?

Ego's and DM's are all you see today on the paintball field, minus the occasional ion. the top teams, minus dynasty, use ego's and DM's. planet eclipse teams have placed extremely well so far this year, mind you there have only been 2 events. this is because the guns work 95 percent of the time. i believe SP is trying to make a gun like that, and when it would go down., it would be an easy fix.

just my idea, but i'm probably not the first person to say this
guitared4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 PM #68
Kspaintballer101
On the field since '98

Kspaintballer101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Being right FTW!
KS Ballers Club Member #10
1/24 Vego9 and 1 of 1 factory Orange Ego7 $625 or trade!?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070878
Kspaintballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:58 PM #69
al6737
I like pie (pi) (3.14...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outreach View Post
man when sp has a monopily the pb world will suck youd have to basically shoot the same kind of gun all the time, half the fun of pb is that not everyone shoots the same thing that you can go out and buy what you feel like buying and shoot what you want, it would be like if nascar was the only channel, i think id kill myself. i would straight out quit pb. on top of that if they have a monopoly what compitition will there be to drive there prices down? sanata claus bringing brand new guns from long lost companies at christmas time? i don't know about you but i dont have that much faith in santa
If Smart Parts, ever within the near future, shows monopolistic tendencies, the government will shut them down. If Smart parts ever wants to become a monopoly, they would then have to make a merge with a large known company such as Dye and/or Planet Eclipse. The user base of these companies are so large that they could buy out any competition. Thus creating a monopoly.

I am going out on a limb and saying that this guy has no idea what a monopoly is. He just heard about one in his social studies class.

Last edited by al6737 : 04-06-2008 at 10:01 PM.
al6737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:22 PM #70
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitared4life View Post
my idea?

Ego's and DM's are all you see today on the paintball field, minus the occasional ion. the top teams, minus dynasty, use ego's and DM's. planet eclipse teams have placed extremely well so far this year, mind you there have only been 2 events. this is because the guns work 95 percent of the time. i believe SP is trying to make a gun like that, and when it would go down., it would be an easy fix.

just my idea, but i'm probably not the first person to say this
wrong, egos and dms are all you see at atlas. Shockers are big in the pro scene and in southern cali. along with bob long guns being huge in cali. sp has all american strange dynasty and the naughty dogs if im right. its just that so many teams that play at atlas have pe sponsership or the kids get pe guns because everyone else shoots them or they get matrixs because the jesters use em. thats all.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:54 PM #71
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
wrong, egos and dms are all you see at atlas. Shockers are big in the pro scene and in southern cali. along with bob long guns being huge in cali. sp has all american strange dynasty and the naughty dogs if im right. its just that so many teams that play at atlas have pe sponsership or the kids get pe guns because everyone else shoots them or they get matrixs because the jesters use em. thats all.

Well said.

If you look at the # of teams SP sponsors in big game/scenario, D2,D1,Semi pro and Pro. And also college teams, youll be suprised that their bigger then PE/Dye put together. And i agree atlas is pretty much nothing but ego's and matrix's. Now if u goto AAPP youll see alot of ions/shockers why? bc its a SP field, so generally ppl are going to use SP markers there since thats the majority. At my field we see alot of tippmanns,Cockers,angels,ego's and SP markers. Reason being, most of our teams there are sponsored by PE, WDP or SP, and fields sponsored by K2. So generally thats what ppl will use, rest are ppl that rent or are just hardcore woods and rock the tippy's and other low ends.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:06 AM #72
ripjesseohara (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha-Italian-Stallion View Post
My guess is the same reason Dye made proto, but for the opposite reason.

The price /quality of current SP guns is geared toward the lower end. While SP makes quality products, no one can deny that in every single B/S/T thread rules are :

No Ions! And lots of the time NO SP!

Ive shot shockers for years, love em. But i will never own one again lol. I think SP made DLX to be their front for higher end products, a name says it all. When you buy eclipse and dye you know what your buying, and for smartparts, even their Highend PL NXT's aren't retaining their value.

The SP brand, while making them filthy rich, Ions were, as far as $$ goes, genius. But SP lost it's highend consumers.

Dye had only highend consumers, then they made proto, gun's based on their current technology, but with less features, milling, etc. Id shoot a pm8 over a dm8 imo, but thats just me.

So, dye makes proto to gain more appeal to mid level.

SP makes DLX to expand what their current consumer base is, Low-mid level, to highend in order to compete with Eclipse and Dye.

Honestly? SP will win. The low end is where it's at money wise, people just getting into the sport pick up what gun? Ions. Ions are like 90% plastic, the profit margin for SP must b rediculous.

Nxts? They made them just to continue the shocker line, and it worked.

With all the money they've made, it's no wonder something like the luxe is coming out.

As far as i'm concerned it looks to be the sexiest thing since the dm3 became the dm4.

The shocker 4x4 became the sft, etc.

The new gas thru grip is going to become the dominiant technology imo, why? Does the same thing w/o adding a new reg, no need for macro line, looks, basically superior in every way.

Just my 2 cents, anyone else have an opinion.

I think DLX is going to eat up alot of dye and Eclipses consumer base once they get momentum.

tl;dr lol
ripjesseohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:32 AM #73
Tha-Italian-Stallion
InfiniteScornInOurHearts

Tha-Italian-Stallion supports our troops
Tha-Italian-Stallion supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripjesseohara View Post
tl;dr lol
Literacy and comprehension are becoming more and more of a rarity in the states, but that isn't your fault.

Rapier7: Freeing the slaves was the fallback reasoning when the mounting casualties made "saving the Union" morally inadequate. I wouldn't call Lincoln vindicated. I'd just say the outcome was better than what we expected, hopefully.
Tha-Italian-Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:21 AM #74
promastery

Quote:
Their patent infringement cases cannot be considered as "Shaddy", if the courts ruled in favor of SP then wouldn't that mean there was an infringement.
You know just because the courts ruled in their favor dosen't make it right. Look at Bob Long and Archon who do thinks gonna win that one who ever has the most money.

Now I'm not talking **** on SP at all i've owned SP and it was a great gun and the people that say they break down all the time are the ones don't maintain them.
promastery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:09 PM #75
Tha-Italian-Stallion
InfiniteScornInOurHearts

Tha-Italian-Stallion supports our troops
Tha-Italian-Stallion supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by promastery View Post
You know just because the courts ruled in their favor doesn't make it right.
Then what does? To what means does a company have to go to prove their right in a situation. Does it matter if the larger company wins? Are you saying that a smaller company is somehow immune to stealing someone else's ideas.

Rapier7: Freeing the slaves was the fallback reasoning when the mounting casualties made "saving the Union" morally inadequate. I wouldn't call Lincoln vindicated. I'd just say the outcome was better than what we expected, hopefully.
Tha-Italian-Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:46 PM #76
promastery

Quote:
Then what does? To what means does a company have to go to prove their right in a situation. Does it matter if the larger company wins? Are you saying that a smaller company is somehow immune to stealing someone else's ideas.
I'm not saying they are in the right or in the wrong. I'm just saying the more money you have the more you can get away with. And smaller companies can do some shady stuff, but bigger companies can do it and get away with it about 98% of the time.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:36 PM #77
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by promastery View Post
I'm not saying they are in the right or in the wrong. I'm just saying the more money you have the more you can get away with. And smaller companies can do some shady stuff, but bigger companies can do it and get away with it about 98% of the time.
If this is true, why did "Slip Trip and Falls" account for almost 3 BILLION dollars in losses last year from your top 15 power house retail stores?

-X
Exilict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:35 PM #78
VoodooMan

One thing straight they didn't make DLX!!!! they helped make a gun not made an entirely new company!
VoodooMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:54 AM #79
promastery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilict View Post
If this is true, why did "Slip Trip and Falls" account for almost 3 BILLION dollars in losses last year from your top 15 power house retail stores?

-X
Thats not a company to company thing thats just a bunch of lazy people who don't want to go out and get a real job and would rather get their money with out earning it.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 AM #80
EdgeExcal

they didnt want to make a gun with the rep of SP which consists of
horrible regs
horrible ano
unreliable
bad customer service
just to name a few

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post58880484 CLOSER FT I WANT OLDER GUNS
EdgeExcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:52 AM #81
AbombBOI (Banned)
Ur Mom Plays On

You know, I have owned Shockers.... I have owned just about everything made up to this date. As soon as they said DLX was SP this threw up the big red flag. Now this is just my opinion of course but I have played just about every level of paintball there is. I learned long time ago, if you want a gun that will make it the entire time you are at a tournament and don't want to worry about it, well you better not be shooting a shocker. With my experience with SP, they have never made nothing but sub-standarded products. They have made thier name big with Pro sponsorship. I had this conversation with a pro player from Dynasty about 4 years ago. All he could tell me was, "Hey bro, SP pays the tab and doesnt ask questions, you would be shooting Shockers too." I then asked him what gun I should go buy and he said get a DM.

Point is:

SP = Big Steaming Turd
AbombBOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:34 PM #82
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeExcal View Post
they didnt want to make a gun with the rep of SP which consists of
horrible regs
horrible ano
unreliable
bad customer service
just to name a few
are you stuck in 2003? newer regs are amazing, anodizing is no longer a cheap rub off ano. As for unreliable.. thats on the user my friend. And SP has stepped up CS in the last year and half or so by a large margin.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:59 PM #83
Evilcocker314
VSH #5

I guess when you can't keep your markers running the "1 second bolt out the back thing" will seem like a good idea.
Trauma Fan #1301
VSH4eva
Rest in Peace Sydefx...cuz SMD can never die.
Evilcocker314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:56 PM #84
spifbob

spifbob supports Cereal Killerz 2
Needs cocker threads to be honest. Egos and DMs and Marqs and everything else except Angels have cocker threads; why the need to force us to buy new barrels?

If the gun performs well and gains a reputation for consistency and reliability, it will be the next cool thing. That is all. But still... cocker threads already SP.
spifbob is offline   Reply With Quote