PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-05-2008, 06:18 AM #43
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
you obviously cant prove me wrong, so there is no need for me to explain myself.
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Dirtybirdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2008, 12:47 PM #44
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtybirdy51 View Post
you obviously cant prove me wrong, so there is no need for me to explain myself.
How they are different?
1. Does this have a plastic body
2. plastic trigger
3. the ion does not have trigger adjustments on the upper back part of the grip frame
4. The ion has a ram connected to the back of the bolt, this has a hollow bolt.
5. The ion uses a coil solenoid
6. I could understand if you said "it looks like it works like the shocker" because at least it does appear similar.. but it works nothing like the ion....
7. The ion doesn't even have eye covers.
8. The ion is a shell over a tube design, this obviously is not
9. The ion doesn't have a gas through
10. I shot both, and they dont shoot or feel anything alike.
11. The lux is very short compared to the ion
12. the lux is much longer then the ion.
13. The lux is lighter then the ion
13. you can disassemble a lux bolt / can with no tools
14. there is no plastic regulator
15. the bolt guide in the lux travels through the bolt
16. the lux has 3 internal pieces
17. the bolt face is 100% different and "new"
18. new slanted detent design
19. the lux has no trigger adjustments on the face of the trigger
20. the eye designs are 100% different.

There are 20 ways they are different, other then the "They both have triggers" and "They both have a barrel" bs.. how are they alike?

-Chris

-X

Last edited by Exilict : 04-05-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Exilict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:48 PM #45
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
ata boy.
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Dirtybirdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:56 PM #46
rabidhampster
Girrr

rabidhampster is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilict View Post
11. The lux is very short compared to the ion
12. the lux is much longer then the ion.

Whaaa?
rabidhampster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:03 PM #47
Exilict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidhampster View Post
Whaaa?
The lux is stretched out, it separates your hands, and feels a lot more natural.
also, the grip frame fits inside of the tube design, rather then under it. It makes the gun shorter then normal.
The ion weights 2.2lbs, this weights 1.6lbs.. So its about half a pound lighter..

-X
Old 04-05-2008, 04:33 PM #48
revrebel
Notorious B.I.G.

Annual Supporting Member
revrebel is a Paintball photographer
revrebel is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha-Italian-Stallion View Post
It seems to me people really dislike SP, but in reality, they dont know why. Kind of like Bush, everyone hates him, but most dont exactly know why. You just hear it, cheer it, and suddenly it becomes truth. I said earlier that ive shot SP for a long time, and their products have always been top quality. Look at the Ion, you can pick one up off pbn for roughly 100$, would you rather shoot an ion or something like a mech spyder. As far as lowends, ion is the most prestigious.

aka need i say more there guns are great but the hole sewing(sp?) thing is rly douche there all ppl that are like ions sucks cause there assoicated with new players i like ions nice guns i ve been playing for a little more than 5 yrs im not an agg kid that is douche and has no morals i my freind are a pbers best freind
another pb player

Last edited by revrebel : 04-05-2008 at 04:35 PM.
revrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:05 PM #49
Exilict

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrebel View Post
aka need i say more there guns are great but the hole sewing(sp?) thing is rly douche there all ppl that are like ions sucks cause there assoicated with new players i like ions nice guns i ve been playing for a little more than 5 yrs im not an agg kid that is douche and has no morals i my freind are a pbers best freind
another pb player
Time to tighten your white helmet timmy...

I have a friend who deals with "Special" children.. I asked her what you said and this was her reply:
Quote:
aka need i say more? their guns are great but the whole suing thing is really douchey. they're all people that are like; "ions suck because they're associated with new players." I like ions, nice guns. I've been playing for a little more than 5 years and i'm not an agg (no clue what agg is) kid that is a douche and has no morales. My friends and i are paintballers best friend

Last edited by Exilict : 04-05-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:45 PM #50
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
what exilict is saying about it being shorter then the ion and longer then the ion is that in the shorter aspect. The Luxe is not as tall as a ion due to the frame sliding into the body rather then being bolted on. And Its longer due to the space between the frame and foregrip, but even though its slightly longer its slimmer,not as tall and still lighter.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:02 PM #51
atm743

atm743 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fblainen11 View Post
I agree, and they will get my business before eclipse and dye...WHY?
because its a rip-off to release a new gun every year and raise the price on it because it comes with a little less metal.
SP imo does it right, instead of coming out with a new gun, they keep working on past models and perfect them, then start selling them with the new updates.
haha

i find this funny

yes they dont release guns every year but they make ****ty products
Old 04-05-2008, 10:22 PM #52
Tha-Italian-Stallion
InfiniteScornInOurHearts

Tha-Italian-Stallion supports our troops
Tha-Italian-Stallion supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by atm743 View Post
but they make ****ty products
For example.....

Shocker= San diego Aftermath, russian legion.... (previously)

Ion= best lowend gun. Or should i shoot a spyder or tippman?

I guess what im trying to say is that your statement is completely unsupported.
Shockers are, In no way, ****ty. They were used by some of the most dominant teams, You can say RL left SP for BL because they were so "****ty", But RL came to SP from BL in the first place. The 05 RL timmy for example...

None of smart parts guns are any less quality than what other companies are producing, and to say such, especially w/o support, is ignorant.

Rapier7: Freeing the slaves was the fallback reasoning when the mounting casualties made "saving the Union" morally inadequate. I wouldn't call Lincoln vindicated. I'd just say the outcome was better than what we expected, hopefully.

Last edited by Tha-Italian-Stallion : 04-05-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Tha-Italian-Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:26 PM #53
atm743

Quote:
For example.....

Shocker= San diego Aftermath, russian legion.... (previously)

Ion= best lowend gun. Or should i shoot a spyder or tippman?
just because pro plays use these guns does not mean that their good.

sponsorship is all about advertising the company and if the team agrees to do so for that company they get deals on using their products so people (like you) buy them.

for a low end gun i would shoot a mech mag. that thats just me. if you want high end i would get a 06 borg or a 04 viking. they go for 400 or less and they outperform any other 1000 ego,dm or whatever out

EDIT

i see you added on to the post ( i was posting while you did i guess) i say SP is ****ty because allot of their products are Poorly made. When i go to fields i always see people having problems with them (i also see people that have them and work find) but most of the time they are either lubing or troubleshooting their gun.

i have owned an ion before and its shot nice for what i paid for it but i constantly had to lube it, Maintenance it and dick with it, but with my vikings that i have owned or mags that i have owned all i had to do if i had a problem was drop a thing of oil in the macro line fitting and thats it.

Last edited by atm743 : 04-05-2008 at 10:30 PM.
atm743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:58 PM #54
Tha-Italian-Stallion
InfiniteScornInOurHearts

I guess my point was, not only were these pro teams, but they were dominant in their leagues. Russian legion was holy, shooting shockers, and if shockers, an SP product, truly were as ****ty as previously mentioned, then how is it possible they beat teams shooting dm's, egos.. so on.

What i mean is, all of these teams are pro, their skill is almost on a level playing field, but the fact that one teams gun don't work can pretty much ensure defeat.

Rapier7: Freeing the slaves was the fallback reasoning when the mounting casualties made "saving the Union" morally inadequate. I wouldn't call Lincoln vindicated. I'd just say the outcome was better than what we expected, hopefully.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:08 PM #55
atm743

Quote:
I guess my point was, not only were these pro teams, but they were dominant in their leagues. Russian legion was holy, shooting shockers, and if shockers, an SP product, truly were as ****ty as previously mentioned, then how is it possible they beat teams shooting dm's, egos.. so on.

What i mean is, all of these teams are pro, their skill is almost on a level playing field, but the fact that one teams gun don't work can pretty much ensure defeat.
around here there is an all Tippmann team and they kick people with $1000 guns.

and those pro team that have those guns if theirs broke or if they were having problems they would just take their team mates (being how most pro teams have at least 12 players or more but only so many play.

sp guns are neat guns and yeah they ALL dont suck but their overall quality imo is poor.

plus the fact that their way their company is run is pretty shady and pretty bull****.

either way im not owning a SP product EVER in my life unless their lift their doings to all the companies that they screwed over all the years
Old 04-05-2008, 11:15 PM #56
Tha-Italian-Stallion
InfiniteScornInOurHearts

Quote:

and those pro team that have those guns if theirs broke or if they were having problems they would just take their team mates (being how most pro teams have at least 12 players or more but only so many play.

sp guns are neat guns and yeah they ALL dont suck but their overall quality imo is poor.

plus the fact that their way their company is run is pretty shady and pretty bull****.

either way im not owning a SP product EVER in my life unless their lift their doings to all the companies that they screwed over all the years

I just feel specific examples would help. Their patent infringement cases cannot be considered as "Shaddy", if the courts ruled in favor of SP then wouldn't that mean there was an infringement.

And as far as overall quality, I'd point out that with both the 07 and 08 ego's, if anyone will remember, there was a recall on the reg's. Sp hasn't in my memory, released a product in recent years and had to recall it.

If anyone will Also remeber the problem SL66's had with the frame twisting and breaking off of the gun. This wasn't as wide spread as the ego7 reg problem, but some people did have to send them in. And, eclipse replaced them in the case of this happening. I'm in no way saying Eclipse has bad CSupport, but simply stating SP hasn't released, at least as far as i know, a product in recent years and then been forced to recall it.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:21 PM #57
Tha-Italian-Stallion
InfiniteScornInOurHearts

Quote:
Word, even better. All pump team around here WRECKS on everyone. It's like 3-2-1 Ball 4, G 0....

And its game over.... they ravage.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:28 PM #58
atm743

Quote:
Word, even better. All pump team around here WRECKS on everyone. It's like 3-2-1 Ball 4, G 0....

And its game over.... they ravage.
yeah we have an all pump tourny 2 hours from my house this coming weekend. thinking about going to watch
Old 04-06-2008, 09:28 AM #59
32contractkillerz32 (Banned)

to make money...
32contractkillerz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:08 PM #60
Freak36

Freak36 is an NCPA player
Freak36 plays in the APPA D4 division
Exilict, your posts are the best haha... maybe some day the majority of the paintball community will learn to be a little more mature with your help.
Freak36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:49 PM #61
paintballer1184
Southcoast Tsunami

paintballer1184 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer1184 plays in the APPA beginner division
Because shockers are getting old and all sp guns need ups right out of the box.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:50 PM #62
Fideru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak36 View Post
Exilict, your posts are the best haha... maybe some day the majority of the paintball community will learn to be a little more mature with your help.
True that.

But to make this legitimate, I'd say just to open a high-end market for SP without their reputation of suing/threatening. I do like their products though, don't like their business practices.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:04 PM #63
Kspaintballer101
On the field since '98

Kspaintballer101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by john2525 View Post
At a time when all I'm hearing about is how local stores and fields are suffering, I have the pleasure of discovering that Smart Parts is trying even harder to dominate the industry. Maybe they could do something to advance paintball as a sport (television showings, main stream advertisement, tournament funding) rather than trying to monopolize the industry. By tournament funding I mean, if they'd sacrifice a fraction of their earnings towards a pb tournament with a ridiculous grand prize, do you know how much paintball's popularity would increase if there was a tourney w/ a 1st place prize of $1,000,000. Can you say ESPN. Not a load of thought went into this post, just throwing out some thoughts.
I seem to recall SP endorsing that last World Cup that was on tv..... and the Ultimate Arena Paintball show........

SP is trying hard to make it mainstream, but one company can't carry a whole sport to the masses on their back.

Your ideas are wrong. No matter how much money is in one prize, ESPN wouldn't just say "Hey there's lots of cash over there. Let's film." It involves lots of politics (not government politics. TV politics.) And contracts. Many paintball companies will have to come together as one to make it a mainstream sport like baseball, football, etc. It's not an easy thing to do because compared to those, it's fairly young.

Smart Parts is not trying to dominate the industry. They're just trying to appeal to a higher level of players and therefore a higher price range. They're helping out their pros that have been shooting shockers the past 6 years and giving them something new. Not only that, but they're also stimulating paintball's economy by bringing a new company into the mix that brings quality and possibly a good price.

They're helping to further the sport. Not trying to monopolize it.
KS Ballers Club Member #10
1/24 Vego9 and 1 of 1 factory Orange Ego7 $625 or trade!?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070878
Kspaintballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote