Community Focus

Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 AM #1
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
My Review of the Lux

I was lucky enough to get to play around with one of the Lux' at AAPP on Sunday March 31st. Everyone seems to be begging for answers so I figure ill put as much as I can right here.

Picking up the gun for the first time, I was very happy with how it feels. I am taller, with a bigger core (almost 3 foot shoulder span) and it felt about an inch or so shorter then where I would really like it, however, it is longer then most guns on the market. The longer gun provided great room for my fingers, and an amazing balance. At 1.6 lbs the gun was super light.

The gun I was using did have the gas through, The new max flow on-off is even better then before, putting 2 opposite forces of pressure on a center mass makes turning the knob very very easy. Once the air was on, there is a small button on the back of the gun under what I believe was 4 small square LEDs and 2 larger LED's.

When the gun turned on it said "PSP Mode, Battery 100%" I also assume that the 4 LEDs indicate the battery level, as they changed durring the day. To turn the eyes off I pressed the power button again and it said "Vision Off" the blue LED to the left of the power button now turned red.

The gun shot very smooth, and felt very easy to shoot, I play PSP, so ramping is pretty much all I use, but I was able to get on the trigger very very quickly. With no paint the gun was very quiet, it just felt happy. There was no awkwardness to switching hands.

After a few shots I turned the air off, and popped the back off. It lifts up just like you would a pop can, there is a small metal pin that is attached to the "lift" part that holds it in the body. The lift is pretty easy to pull, and the bolt slides right out. Everything comes out in 1 solid piece, a nice improvement over the shocker, where it was rather difficult to get the can out of the shocker. Once out, the can unscrews from the chrome back and then lifts right off the bolt. I believe it had 5 orings down the outside and 2 orings down the center (my count may be off, I am trying to recall from memory) the bolt and bolt guide combination is pretty much similar to that of a shocker. There is a hollow bolt with a stationary guide. I know in the animations the guide is moving, however, that is not the case. Thats it for dissemble, it was all the way apart..

The eye covers are held on with magnets, to open them you first have to squeeze the small end then pry open the larger end. They are not difficult to do, but it does require a good amount of force to open. I couldn't imagine these falling off during a game.. Your feed neck will break first.

The ball detents are located on the silver plate, they are angled so the bolt actually passes over them and can help "Un jam" them in a problem. The eye covers are very easy to replace, simply slip the small end in, and then let the magnet do its job. Just some FYI the eyes are red break beam eyes.

The trigger has no adjustments on the face of the trigger, there is one at the top, one behind the face, and 2 on the side of the grip. This makes adjusting your trigger very easy (more so for the the ones on the side of the grip). I was also told that there is a trigger block that keeps you from crushing your micro-switch. Obviously this is a safety feature, and if you were to put your activation screw back all the way I am sure you could do damage, but I know I broke 1 or 2 in my days.. so its a good thing to add..

The audible alerts are very nice, loud, and clear. People looking for something to ***** about will pick on this "Why isn't it a LCD, blah blah blah" because its not.. But the British sounding lady in the gun is easy to understand. There are several different languages, however you are not able to change the voice at this time.

Shooting paint was everything I expected, 15bps ropes of paint. It is very quiet and very smooth. There is something about it that just feels different, I can't quite get my finger on it yet, there is no "pop" to the shot.. I just can't figure it out yet, but when I do you will be the first to know...

Some other things... The barrel is a impulse thread barrel, it takes freak inserts. The gas through is VERY nice, it as my first time using one, and I did like it.. A lot. From the looks of things the reg on the front is where you adjust the velocity through the bottom, so they went back to the allen key from the wrench, also, imho a good idea.

The reason you can not see a seam on the gun where the frame attaches to the grip is because there isn't one. It slides on like a rail giving it a very nice, short look.

The bolt face is slighty different, it is a circle with 3 pie shapes. Almost exactaly like the back of a shocker now.

my ONLY concern about this gun.. The "pop top" back has resistance when you pull it up, this resistance is an oRing acting like a rubber band. I can see this oRing breaking ALOT. And when it does, it may spell disaster until it is replaced...

If I missed anything, feel free to ask..

-X

P.S... If one would be left at the pro shop with a little note that says "Let chris use this next weekend" I could photograph and write up a better review with pictures this time :-D HINT HINT HINT...

Last edited by Exilict : 04-01-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Exilict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2008, 11:08 AM #2
DLX Technology
The Luxe is here

DLX Technology works for a Paintball manufacturer
Not this weekend. They will be at the CPX Living Legends game in Joliet, Il with Hans and the others will be at the Millenium in Spain with myself.
www.luxepaintball.com
http://www.myspace.com/luxepaintball
DLX Technology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:10 AM #3
Exilict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLX Technology View Post
Not this weekend. They will be at the CPX Living Legends game in Joliet, Il with Hans and the others will be at the Millenium in Spain with myself.
yayaya.. 3 weeks and Ill have my own anyway so

-x
Old 04-01-2008, 11:44 AM #4
The Others (Banned)
Sandana Soldier

The Others supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Others donated to help Peyton Trent
The Others supports Bob Gurnsey
The Others supports our troops
Nice review
The Others is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:51 PM #5
CSchaffs
I'm a Rooster Illusion

CSchaffs owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i'm really excited about this gun. im saving my whole paychecks for this *****. i'll be eating ramen noodles for the next few weeks haha
Old 04-01-2008, 01:53 PM #6
The Others (Banned)
Sandana Soldier

haha
Old 04-01-2008, 02:01 PM #7
CSchaffs
I'm a Rooster Illusion

CSchaffs owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
haha im watching lost right now by the way. figured while the show is on a break ill watch the first three seasons again just to pick up on some stuff
Old 04-01-2008, 02:04 PM #8
The Others (Banned)
Sandana Soldier

i wish i didnt see it
Old 04-01-2008, 10:32 PM #9
Mr. Lamp post

too bad it doesnt weigh 1.6 lbs.
patentpending "just wipe your hard drive. take off a few screws from the top of the HD, find a shiny metal round thing, and then wipe it first with a wet cloth, and then a powerful magnet. viruses aren't resistant to magnets"
Death Before Dishonor
People-God, send some one to cure AIDs, cancer, etc. etc.
God-I already did, but you aborted them all.
Grammar Nazi #20 / XM307 ftw
Mr. Lamp post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:57 PM #10
..kris..
XBL: I n0sc0ped JFKx

pic?
..kris.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:27 AM #11
Exilict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..kris.. View Post
pic?

did you read....

-X
Old 04-02-2008, 02:41 PM #12
RLpaintball45
Andy Massar

hmm...from the sound of it, this gun seems pretty promising, but ill have to wait to see it, shoot it, ect.
RLpaintball45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:44 PM #13
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

dgasf

Why didnt I come up that day?

It was on my schedule, I could have SEEN it...

Teh_Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:46 PM #14
RLpaintball45
Andy Massar

sucks fo you.
RLpaintball45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:22 PM #15
KMA

KMA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
KMA supports DLX Technology
Do you know if the "pop top" bolt cover thingie will keep water out if it is raining or you slide into a puddle? It doesn't look like it seals up.

Thanks.
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:11 PM #16
spr316
Matt Barker

spr316 plays in the PSP
spr316 plays in the APPA D4 division
spr316 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
yea the seal is good
spr316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:25 PM #17
furbyballer

Annual Supporting Member
furbyballer supports Team VICIOUS
furbyballer supports our troops
furbyballer plays in the APPA D4 division
efficiency numbers???????
Old 04-03-2008, 05:23 AM #18
fblainen11
muh name's blaine

Very good review.
Does it seem like there is anything that they missed when designing the gun??
Or is there anything that you would change about it?

Dye Throttle

Torque Loader
fblainen11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:43 AM #19
jerky bob

jerky bob supports Cereal Killerz 2
jerky bob donated to help Peyton Trent
jerky bob supports our troops
jerky bob supports DLX Technology
Thumbs up

Had the oppurtunity to shoot one before Darryl took it to the CFOA event. (the red one with the gas thru grip). Light, quiet, no kick, easy to strip the bolt and eye covers for quick maintainence. A little pricey but you get what you pay for and it is very nice. Looking forward to getting mine soon.
jerky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:31 AM #20
Stealth Agent
Not*Cal

Stealth Agent is a founding member
Stealth Agent helped look for balloons
yes the pop top seals out water....it seals in AIR...how could it not seal out water?

As for the O-ring that acts as a spring.....its plenty resilient...and will last a LONG TIME.

From what i understand, the reason behind the o-ring tensioner on the pop-cap is brilliant. IF it where a spring, and you lost it, you would be screwed until you could find a replacement.

However By using an o-ring, you can at least rig it until you get some where to put the right one on.

Using an o-ring there was genius, not a design flaw
2009 AXBL Champ....Heroes #13
2009 NAX Champs.....USA #13

Thanks for the love & hate....
Stealth Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:05 PM #21
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

jdubau55 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by furbyballer View Post
efficiency numbers???????
This never gets answered.

The official response is to wait for the production models.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote