Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-03-2008, 05:22 AM #64
pimpinsaylor (Banned)
lıɥıu

pimpinsaylor is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargbollen View Post
Isn't it funny how Eclipse puts money on including a nice luxury gun box for the EGO with slots for the barrel kit and don't include the kit... Shouldn't it be expected as included, or are we Angel owners just spoiled?

Pimp, you may love your Orbitum barrel kit, but the rest of us shoot just as good with the A1 stock barrel kit. It really is a great barrel, you should try it. They are far more similar in perfomance than you think.
Anyway, yours is an isolated case, because 99% of all barrel kit owners have lesser barrels than the A1 kit or the Orbitum for that matter and benefit from the changeover regardless of the thread they already got.
The thing is, most people already have a barrel or kit that they are happy with. If wdp switchd to standard cocker/timmy threads they could cut cost for the consumer by not including the barrel kit, and allowing people to use their current existing barrel/kit.
pimpinsaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2008, 05:39 AM #65
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Selling a gun without a barrel would appeal to about as many people as selling a computer without an operating system. I'd love to buy a computer with no Windows licensing tax built-in, but the vast majority of people don't need that much choice. They're not system builders or dual booters. Last I checked, even the manufacturers who use 'cocker barrel threads normally include a barrel with their gun. I don't know where you shop, but I've never seen any discounts offered for guns, sans barrel. If you're going to pay for a stock barrel anyway, it might as well be a high end, multi-bore kit with carbon fiber.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:44 AM #66
pimpinsaylor (Banned)
lıɥıu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Selling a gun without a barrel would appeal to about as many people as selling a computer without an operating system. I'd love to buy a computer with no Windows licensing tax built-in, but the vast majority of people don't need that much choice. They're not system builders or dual booters. Last I checked, even the manufacturers who use 'cocker barrel threads normally include a barrel with their gun. I don't know where you shop, but I've never seen any discounts offered for guns, sans barrel. If you're going to pay for a stock barrel anyway, it might as well be a high end, multi-bore kit with carbon fiber.
Unless this is someones first high end gun, chances are they have a nice barrel/kit. They should allow people to select not to receive a barrel kit so they can use their own barrel/kit that they probably spent alot of money on. An extra kit is worthless. They could just include that jacko barrel they use to include with everything. Saving money is saving money, especially on something you don't need.

Also, plenty of people including myself don't like cf.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:18 AM #67
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

In the first place, the A1 Fly is projected to be cheaper than any other high end gun currently available AND it includes a full barrel kit. So if you're out bargain shopping for your $1,000+ toy to play with on the weekends, and you just can't get over the built-in cost of the multi-bore, lightweight carbon fiber barrel kit, take heart in the fact that you got it, along with the gun, for $800 less than an SL8 Ego and $200 less than a DM8. In the second place, no manufacturer offers an optional barrel, and we don't find you in those forums *****ing and whining. When WDP included only a single bore stick you *****ed and moaned that they should include a kit. The Fly is intended to be lightweight - hence the carbon fiber. If you prefer something else, there's a variety of barrel options - including the awe-inspring SM-1 Orbium - in G7 Fly or A1 threads.

Last edited by dr.strangelove : 04-03-2008 at 06:25 AM.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:25 AM #68
lethalimage05

i have to say that i was very excited when i first herd that the fly was coming out. i have been shotting angels since the Lcd. i was kind of hoping that they were going to change the shape of the marker though and not have it look so much like a A1 i have to say that i love the way this thing goes though and am very excited to shoot one of these bad boys!
Joy Fan #977
AnGeL ArMy
Part of the AngelMafia............
-NY Ballers
SpOnSorS www.wdp.tv
lethalimage05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:42 AM #69
jamesa7755
Dose it work?

God, you all are back at it. This can be quite entertaining.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:18 AM #70
pimpinsaylor (Banned)
lıɥıu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
In the first place, the A1 Fly is projected to be cheaper than any other high end gun currently available AND it includes a full barrel kit. So if you're out bargain shopping for your $1,000+ toy to play with on the weekends, and you just can't get over the built-in cost of the multi-bore, lightweight carbon fiber barrel kit, take heart in the fact that you got it, along with the gun, for $800 less than an SL8 Ego and $200 less than a DM8. In the second place, no manufacturer offers an optional barrel, and we don't find you in those forums *****ing and whining. When WDP included only a single bore stick you *****ed and moaned that they should include a kit. The Fly is intended to be lightweight - hence the carbon fiber. If you prefer something else, there's a variety of barrel options - including the awe-inspring SM-1 Orbium - in G7 Fly or A1 threads.
Find where I said they should include a kit.

I didn't.

Either way, that kit costs money, and it's unnecessary, since most people already have one. That could be a lower cost.

I'm done arguing with you. Theres nothing really to argue as explained.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:30 AM #71
goats_896
They Live!

goats_896 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinsaylor View Post
Find where I said they should include a kit.

I didn't.

Either way, that kit costs money, and it's unnecessary, since most people already have one. That could be a lower cost.

I'm done arguing with you. Theres nothing really to argue as explained.
Lol...most people have a kit huh? Right...if you were to poll this forum (excluding those who got a kit through the purchase of an A1 (Fly)) I could guess that no more than 50% has a barrel kit.
Here we stand in the middle of this new world with our primitive brain, attuned to the simple cave life, with terrific forces at our disposal, which we are clever enough to release, but whose consequences we cannot comprehend.

██████████
██████████
██████████
goats_896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:30 AM #72
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well, if you already have a kit.... Sell one of them!
sirX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:32 AM #73
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Cocker threads suck. Sure everyone uses them but they loosen up or get stuck very easily. The barrel on my A1 stays tight and it doesn't get stuck.
Why would a want a longer, heavier marker with inferior barrel threading?

You are smoking rock...
poopresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:46 AM #74
pimpinsaylor (Banned)
lıɥıu

Quote:
Originally Posted by goats_896 View Post
Lol...most people have a kit huh? Right...if you were to poll this forum (excluding those who got a kit through the purchase of an A1 (Fly)) I could guess that no more than 50% has a barrel kit.
Angels are commonly people first good gun, so you might be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirX View Post
Well, if you already have a kit.... Sell one of them!
Impossible to sell a kit when it is threaded for use with only 1 marker, and it's already included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopresearch View Post
Cocker threads suck. Sure everyone uses them but they loosen up or get stuck very easily. The barrel on my A1 stays tight and it doesn't get stuck.
Why would a want a longer, heavier marker with inferior barrel threading?

You are smoking rock...
I doubt threads have to do with loosening up. If they are, put one of those barrel o-rings at the end of the threads, much like spyders have. It'll stay on.

No threads inferior. It's just a thread. I doubt A1 threads are that much shorter to make a difference. Even then, if they are being shorter decreases barrel to marker contact, making it more likely to come loose.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 PM #75
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

Impossible to sell a kit when it is threaded for use with only 1 marker, and it's already included.
It would fit the regular a1. Which I would possibly buy from somebody if they sold it. But, I am impatient, so I will be buying a DW barrel.
sirX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:31 PM #76
cyrus-the-virus90
Yes you like mr bunny

cyrus-the-virus90 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So what about the mango internals, when are those going to be coming out?

And will the barrel kit be avalable seperatly.
cyrus-the-virus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:04 PM #77
ponchota

Hey Dr. Strange so I was right in my speculation that the barrels were carbon fiber. Very nice
ponchota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:08 PM #78
goats_896
They Live!

goats_896 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus-the-virus90 View Post
So what about the mango internals, when are those going to be coming out?

And will the barrel kit be avalable seperatly.
Everything should be available separately. No time-table on the internals, but if I were to guess, I'd say early May.
Here we stand in the middle of this new world with our primitive brain, attuned to the simple cave life, with terrific forces at our disposal, which we are clever enough to release, but whose consequences we cannot comprehend.

██████████
██████████
██████████
goats_896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:28 PM #79
cyrus-the-virus90
Yes you like mr bunny

cyrus-the-virus90 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by goats_896 View Post
Everything should be available separately. No time-table on the internals, but if I were to guess, I'd say early May.
Lame, I want the m now damnit!!!
cyrus-the-virus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:03 PM #80
Khandra
Iss Go'n Rain!

Quote:
No threads inferior. It's just a thread.
Not true. The Cocker thread has been around since the beginning of paintball (almost literally) and no good can come without change. The cocker thread is long, and is counter-productive to the concept of making markers smaller/shorter, and you can only shorten up the marker so much before the thread choice interferes with that. Having a longer barrel thread means having a gun just that much longer. Look at how much the length of the angels got after switching from the original threading (monstrously long in comparison) to the a1 threading, which probably measures at under 3/4''.

Clean Gloss black magno'd a1 f/s/t

Shocktech Burglarized

Right Attitude Paintball- It's all about the Right Attitude.
Khandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:09 PM #81
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Let's set aside the grand barrel thread debate, please. Or at the very least, take it to another thread. Cocker barrels have nothing to do with the A1 Fly.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:22 PM #82
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
This marker fixes just about all of previous issues I had with the A1. They really needed to learn to make real eye covers for those markers.

Not bad, I just wish the startup programming was faster.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
mcgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:44 PM #83
BigJnyc

I thought the milling was going to be a little more radical, it looks like an A1 with a different reg and custom grips. the joy A1 has more distinguished milling. I'm kind of dissapointed that they didnt make it stand out from the regular A1 a little more. Maybe in person it looks a little more distinguished i dont know.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:04 PM #84
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
Any idea what would be optimal operating input pressure for a tank 450 or 600 - 650