Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 09:37 PM #1
Erc
 
 
Erc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Umbc

Hey, does anyone here go to UMBC?
Erc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2008, 10:59 PM #2
PupChow
 
 
PupChow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Class of 2004!!! =)
__________________
+6 positive / 0 negative feedback

>> MD / VA Paintball Forum <<
PupChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 PM #3
Erc
 
 
Erc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Nice.. my roommate and I are starting a new club because the old one died out/ never really got started.. it is open to alumni if you are interested lol..
Erc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:46 AM #4
PupChow
 
 
PupChow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erc View Post
Nice.. my roommate and I are starting a new club because the old one died out/ never really got started.. it is open to alumni if you are interested lol..
Sweet, what's involved and what do you guys got planned?
__________________
+6 positive / 0 negative feedback

>> MD / VA Paintball Forum <<
PupChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:13 AM #5
UMDpaintball
TMNT4life
 
UMDpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
 has been a member for 10 years
UMDpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
UMDpaintball is an NCPA player
UMDpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
Myself and others at the UMCP team have tried to aid UMBC students in getting their organization up and running but they never seem to actually organize practices and eventually disappear.

Good luck. If you succeed in actually getting some players out to practice, we'd be more than happy to give some help.
__________________
___________________________
University of Maryland Terrapins Coach
Mid-Atlantic Coast Conference Champions 2010-11, 2011-12

Paintball Adventure Park
University of Maryland
UMDpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:14 PM #6
pbjunkie92
 
 
pbjunkie92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Frederick,MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDpaintball View Post
Myself and others at the UMCP team have tried to aid UMBC students in getting their organization up and running but they never seem to actually organize practices and eventually disappear.

Good luck. If you succeed in actually getting some players out to practice, we'd be more than happy to give some help.
UMCP kicks a$$. Thats where I want to go
__________________
NXT
my feedback
PINOKIO HOPPERS[/color]
pbjunkie92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:09 PM #7
UMDpaintball
TMNT4life
 
UMDpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
 has been a member for 10 years
UMDpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
UMDpaintball is an NCPA player
UMDpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkie92 View Post
UMCP kicks a$$. Thats where I want to go
Thanks. Get good grades and then come here!
__________________
___________________________
University of Maryland Terrapins Coach
Mid-Atlantic Coast Conference Champions 2010-11, 2011-12

Paintball Adventure Park
University of Maryland
UMDpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:34 PM #8
Leebster
 
 
Leebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Yea I'm Ercs roommate and it looks like if everything goes well the club should be approved and such at the latest by the end of this semester.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to raise some money so we can get some "Club" gear for people that want to play but flat out can't afford or are not convinced enough to drop the money to get equipment?
Leebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:59 PM #9
UMDpaintball
TMNT4life
 
UMDpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
 has been a member for 10 years
UMDpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
UMDpaintball is an NCPA player
UMDpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebster View Post
Yea I'm Ercs roommate and it looks like if everything goes well the club should be approved and such at the latest by the end of this semester.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to raise some money so we can get some "Club" gear for people that want to play but flat out can't afford or are not convinced enough to drop the money to get equipment?
Yes, I have advice for that exact situation --- it's called don't buy **** for people who won't spend money on it in the first place.
__________________
___________________________
University of Maryland Terrapins Coach
Mid-Atlantic Coast Conference Champions 2010-11, 2011-12

Paintball Adventure Park
University of Maryland
UMDpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:42 AM #10
DwnNdrty
MD MILITIA #69
 
DwnNdrty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
lmao! tru dat tru dat
DwnNdrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:37 AM #11
Erc
 
 
Erc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDpaintball View Post
Yes, I have advice for that exact situation --- it's called don't buy **** for people who won't spend money on it in the first place.
ahahahahha.. alright.. how did you guys spend any funding that you got?
__________________
Erc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:20 AM #12
PupChow
 
 
PupChow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I have at least 2 other UMBC alumnis that are into paintball with me now if you need people. If not, let us know if you need some moving targets to shoot at during practice.
__________________
+6 positive / 0 negative feedback

>> MD / VA Paintball Forum <<
PupChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:26 PM #13
UMDpaintball
TMNT4life
 
UMDpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
 has been a member for 10 years
UMDpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
UMDpaintball is an NCPA player
UMDpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erc View Post
ahahahahha.. alright.. how did you guys spend any funding that you got?
Spend funding on entry fees, event paint, practice fees, practice paint.

Don't ever spend money on stuff like team guns, pod loaders, or other hard goods. They just get lost, stolen, or broken.
__________________
___________________________
University of Maryland Terrapins Coach
Mid-Atlantic Coast Conference Champions 2010-11, 2011-12

Paintball Adventure Park
University of Maryland
UMDpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:08 AM #14
RaySpec
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I'm At umbc but i'm graduating this may. Can alumni be in on the action?
RaySpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:26 PM #15
Erc
 
 
Erc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
yea, the club will be open to alumni. My room mate and I submitted the paperwork and are waiting to hear back from the people if it is approved.
__________________
Erc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:57 PM #16
UMDpaintball
TMNT4life
 
UMDpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
 has been a member for 10 years
UMDpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
UMDpaintball is an NCPA player
UMDpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erc View Post
yea, the club will be open to alumni. My room mate and I submitted the paperwork and are waiting to hear back from the people if it is approved.
Just to let you know -- only fulltime students are allowed to participate in NCPA events.
__________________
___________________________
University of Maryland Terrapins Coach
Mid-Atlantic Coast Conference Champions 2010-11, 2011-12

Paintball Adventure Park
University of Maryland
UMDpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:09 PM #17
Erc
 
 
Erc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDpaintball View Post
Just to let you know -- only fulltime students are allowed to participate in NCPA events.
Yea, that would be for the eventual team, right now were just trying to get a steady club started lol.. the last one just kid of died out because of poor leadership..
__________________
Erc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:56 PM #18
RaySpec
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
i'm always down to help you guys practice and such. I think i'm doing a random walk on this saturday at OA, weather permitting. Did you guys create a facebook group for umbc? we'll establish better ways of communication
RaySpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:31 PM #19
Venom22
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
hey ill be playing at OA in bowie this saturday with a friend. maybe ill see ya. 1 more year till im at umbc and supporting this up and coming team. hopefully it wont die out before i get there. good luck with it.
Venom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:09 AM #20
Gailon
FEP Sticky
 
Gailon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDpaintball View Post
Just to let you know -- only fulltime students are allowed to participate in NCPA events.
i've always wondered, does that include graduate studies?
Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:36 AM #21
PupChow
 
 
PupChow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
If you think this will help, I am more than happy to create a temporary (or permanent) umbc team subforum on yespaintball.com if you guys need a staging area until your own site is up. Always up for helping out fellow Retrievers.
__________________
+6 positive / 0 negative feedback

>> MD / VA Paintball Forum <<
PupChow is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump