Old 04-01-2008, 03:29 PM #22
Ieo
Out of your element

Ieo supports Team VICIOUS
Ieo is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ieo is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLX Technology View Post
To clarify this a little. DLX is a completely seperate company run by me. We have our own shipping, our own techs, and our bank accounts, etc.
Um, according to your own post, it sounds like DLX is a subsidiary fully organized and owned by SP...

Quote:
Developed as a focused high-end design and manufacturing group owned by paintball industry leader Smart Parts, Inc., DLX Technology is dedicated to melding cutting edge technology with solid tournament performance to build the ultimate luxury paintball marker. To learn more, visit LuxePaintball.com.
So...basically, if SP is any good at business (which Billy G himself swears they are), they know about and have the final say in each and every thing you do....and the profits all eventually trickle upstream into SP.
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2008, 03:49 PM #23
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
The company is run by people from Smart Parts. That doesn't mean it's not separate.

Honestly if Dye wanted a separate forum for their separate marketing labels then they could have probably asked for it. It's up to the users and pbn staff as to how pbn gets organized, unless the company intervenes.

There's politics in everything, here and otherwise. As others have mentioned it affects us not, and therefore likely isn't worthy of being *****ed upon

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:53 PM #24
ProblemKinder
Colossians 3:8

i like the term "luxury paintball marker" it makes me laugh =]
Old 04-01-2008, 05:57 PM #25
WeTuMuP

Im curious to thats a very sexy marker!! what is the relationship between SP and DLX and could you give us some specs on her thanks!!
WeTuMuP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:16 PM #26
So. Cal shooter

Please close this thread, this is pointless and useless. Who cares if they get their own forum.
So. Cal shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:26 PM #27
Nick Brockdorff

Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Jeeez - this really brought out all the SP haters

First of all, who cares if DLX gets it own Pbnation forum?

Secondly, for those few that do:

- It's a separate company
- It has different management
- It has different distribution
- It has different support
- It has different products

Now, why on EARTH would it then be in the SP section of this site?.... except maybe to satisfy some little peoples infantile need, to be able to hate on a shareholder in the company, in the familiar comfort of that shareholders usual forum...

Nick

Nick Brockdorff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:38 PM #28
FlapJacks

I bet u it is made of the same ****. Like the same noids, wires, Metal, Boards, blah blah blah

It is the same way when the make a car off another. PLATFORM SHARING.

I dont care. IF it has anything to do with Smart Parts I will not support it. NO matter what. That is my right as a consumer
FlapJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:49 PM #29
Nick Brockdorff

Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlapJacks View Post
I bet u it is made of the same ****. Like the same noids, wires, Metal, Boards, blah blah blah

It is the same way when the make a car off another. PLATFORM SHARING.

I dont care. IF it has anything to do with Smart Parts I will not support it. NO matter what. That is my right as a consumer
Maybe we should just put all the manufacturers that use the same noids in the same forum, to avoid confusing people then? - or maybe one big forum for all guns made from aluminum? - or one forum for all guns that have Cocker threaded barrels?

As for your rights as a consumer, I am all for it...... feel free to buy any crap you want - that's what keeps the wheels of industry turning

Nick

Last edited by Nick Brockdorff : 04-01-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Nick Brockdorff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:09 PM #30
xsn0man
I bleed burgundy and gold

dude, we should just have one HUGE forum. better yet, one giant thread. i bet that would be fun. unleash the hell that is ST on the rest of the nation.

anyway, it is your right, but WE, the collective of users interested in the luxe, with all due respect, dont give a flying **** what you think.
How many "looks like an shoebox shocker and karni had a baby" threads does it take to prove most paintballers are idiots?
IMP Parts Sale!
xsn0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:18 PM #31
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallNAngel View Post
My question is why does it bother you that it has it's own forum? Regardless of anything else, it *is* from a new company and as it is, the SP forum is a bit "full" with their markers to put a daughter companies marker under that as well (as well as creating more confusion).
because dye needs sub forums or a proto forum thats why!

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:44 PM #32
Nick Alder
Doesnt Care Anymore

Nick Alder is a Supporting Member
Quote:
My question is why does it bother you that it has it's own forum? Regardless of anything else, it *is* from a new company and as it is, the SP forum is a bit "full" with their markers to put a daughter companies marker under that as well (as well as creating more confusion).
It wouldnt be full if you guys would stop making new sub-forums for every mild variant of the ion

Nick Alder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:37 PM #33
Heavy D's Gay
***NO SCUD ZONE****

One big reason why DLX is diffrent than dye/proto is that you can not order any DLX product thru smart parts where dye and proto can be bought both thru dye. DLX is its own company and should have there own forum
Heavy D's Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:15 PM #34
Jenious
Alaskan Paintballer

Jenious is a Supporting Member
Quote:
It bothers me because SP has to be aware that their brand name has bad PR. They make what some consider (that being myself) inferior products, and they commit petty lawsuits every 3 months practically. I refuse to buy from SP due to them shafting over practically every paintball company with their clearly redicioulous patents on ... well practically everything.

They are trying to re-frame DLX as a new company so they can sneak away from all the stigma that is included with the SP name. Alot of the above statements can be taken as my opinion, but I feel my opinion is shared with much of the paintball community.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:36 PM #35
Scott5290
Midwest.

I should get my own forum as well
Scott5290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:46 PM #36
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenious View Post
They are trying to re-frame DLX as a new company so they can sneak away from all the stigma that is included with the SP name.
I love when people make statements like this as if they actually know what's going on in the minds of others and what their intentions really are, not that I know the specifics myself, but it's not as if they came here and gave a press release stating just this...
kAmAkAzEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:33 PM #37
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
Ydna is BST Trusted
It has just as much to do with bad press as it does with GOOD press. What about the people that like Smart Parts? If the dissociated marketing label (DLX) was a move to differentiate from SP due to bad press for the people that don't like smart parts, then all the people that DO like smart parts would be potential no-sales.

So you get in the people that don't like SP, and push away the people that do like SP? Well dat just dun make no sense at all.

The simple fact is, it's called brand diversification and every major industry is full of it. This happens with all major companies. Some people like them, some people dislike them. There isn't a black and white reasoning center behind anything.

If you're somehow perturbed by this concept then I'm quite sorry to break it yet again in this thread.

That said, this forum isn't going away.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:08 PM #38
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

jdubau55 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
To clarify this a little. DLX is a completely seperate company run by me. We have our own shipping, our own techs, and our bank accounts, etc.
We have 2 plants where I work that are classified the same way, but.......we are still the same company.

2 different plants, 2 different shippings, 2 different CS.....same company.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:37 PM #39
Agent6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
It has just as much to do with bad press as it does with GOOD press. What about the people that like Smart Parts? If the dissociated marketing label (DLX) was a move to differentiate from SP due to bad press for the people that don't like smart parts, then all the people that DO like smart parts would be potential no-sales.

So you get in the people that don't like SP, and push away the people that do like SP? Well dat just dun make no sense at all.

The simple fact is, it's called brand diversification and every major industry is full of it. This happens with all major companies. Some people like them, some people dislike them. There isn't a black and white reasoning center behind anything.

If you're somehow perturbed by this concept then I'm quite sorry to break it yet again in this thread.

so are you saying there's an equal number of haters and fans to SP? there's the possibility that SP's income is actually hurting, and that the numbers aren't balanced.
Agent6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 PM #40
URBANxFLOW

it looks like a small version of the eos
URBANxFLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:30 PM #41
atm743

atm743 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
maybe smart parts are tring to hook in people that hate them (aka, macdev, agd , wdp, wgp ext.....)

i know i wont be buy one of these. besides 1500 for sp quality is just retarded. its proably not worth more than 300 in my books.

besides this is so called a spool valve. i doubt this gun will get anywhere close to what the droid has to offer
Old 04-03-2008, 09:37 PM #42
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYSTEM
Dear yuik,

You have received an infraction at PbNation.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=46195308

Reason: Post Spam
-------
"made the thread they moved it so the dye people wouldnt see it. how many people check the suggestions forum seriously.."
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in a ban if you have accumulated four or more points. Don't worry if this is your first or even second infraction though, it simply expires in 15 days. Please take more care when posting in the future. We encourage you to take a moment to review the forum's rules. More information about the infraction system can be found in the Infraction FAQ.

All the best,
PbNation

you guys are biased, thats why we have this forum. thats my opinion. I dont see why you guys want to keep the other forums in the dark especially when a thread goes down faster in the dye forum than in bst at times.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote