Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:49 PM #64
rudeawakening 7
pokémon!

rudeawakening 7 plays in the PSP
rudeawakening 7 plays in the APPA D4 division
the maxflo, correct me if im wrong but it eliminates the macro line and uses a grip instead of an actual reg. so $300 for that i think if you want it, its worth it.
⊙︵◔
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2008, 11:55 PM #65
juggernaut326
RIP Towlie

juggernaut326 plays in the PSP
juggernaut326 donated to help Peyton Trent
All I have to do is selllike four guns........but why would I piss 1500 away on one gun?
Proudly Sponsored By
Bob Long Technologies|EKK|Hurlburt Paintball|Ruthlessware.com
HK|EKK ELITE
Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 AM #66
shadoflame
i can pump 30 bps, no AT.

shadoflame owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavagersTC View Post
Materials and workmanship does not even add up to 700, so riddle me this..... Where does the other 800 come in? Don't say I don't know what I'm talking about cause I haven't seen statements from the company, cause its just common sense. It really is too. Plastic and metal are very cheap materials to make in large numbers. It comes with the age we're in.
If I spent 4 years plus to be a mechanical engineer or professional CAD drafter, id like to make at least 70k a year. the other 800 is to make profit and pay the engineers for a good job well done.

a similar question would be: why does food from a gourmet chef cost so much? the price of flour, meat, herbs, and etc doesn't add up eithar.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:13 AM #67
deadbywinter
Death Before Dishonor

deadbywinter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deadbywinter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deadbywinter plays in the APPA D5 division
deadbywinter has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut326 View Post
All I have to do is selllike four guns........but why would I piss 1500 away on one gun?

for ****s and giggles lol. or maybe just to say you did to have a piece of crap marker thats "limited edition"
Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 AM #68
shadoflame

Quote:
Any gun I can get that will ramp 15bps for mxl and shoot accurately that I can get for as cheap as possible is enough for me. And believe me, I can find a bunch that work as good as this thing and cost a fraction of what it does.
a honda civic or shoot, a geo metro will take me from point A to B just as fast as a mercedes benz or lexus. so why would people choose a luxery car? same reason people would choose this luxery paintball marker.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:38 AM #69
SOAD8789
Massive

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoflame View Post
a honda civic or shoot, a geo metro will take me from point A to B just as fast as a mercedes benz or lexus. so why would people choose a luxery car? same reason people would choose this luxery paintball marker.
thats such a bad analogy.

☻☺
Old 04-03-2008, 07:45 AM #70
KainRoK
3432/0933

KainRoK is for the Gunfight
KainRoK supports Pev's Paintball
KainRoK has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
KainRoK is attending Decay of Nations VII
indeed. ^^^
Originally Posted By:RavagersTC "Garbage from the same company whos owner is so insecure about his penis size he sues every other company for a patented technology he doesn't even utilize most of the time, the prick." in reference to the DLX Luxe about SP
My sexyTexasStormsold a while ago.....
Become a Deviant!

Free Agent
X>>
Old 04-03-2008, 08:15 AM #71
RavagersTC
USMC If it moves, kill it

RavagersTC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAD8789 View Post
thats such a bad analogy.

QFT

Those cars actually have extra features that make them cost more and are considered luxury cars. These guns will shoot the same way.
Camp Pendleton Tournament Park
Proud POW/MIA Fade Geo owner
"Originally posted by Dk-79: This turtle ate the entire corpse, he understands the golden rule of taking a life... Why can't you?"
Old 04-03-2008, 09:34 AM #72
KainRoK
3432/0933

thoe bottom line has been said several times already. ITS PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Why would anyone release something that has NO market? Ya, personally, I'll get something cheaper because military doesn't get paid that well. Thats my budget. Im sure that if I play a tournament and win a Luxe, i'll shoot it for a while. but still. you are all flaming a product that isn't readily available to shoot and inspect to a T like we all have with angles and timmies and DMs.
Originally Posted By:RavagersTC "Garbage from the same company whos owner is so insecure about his penis size he sues every other company for a patented technology he doesn't even utilize most of the time, the prick." in reference to the DLX Luxe about SP
Become a Deviant!

Free Agent
X>>
Old 04-03-2008, 09:44 AM #73
KainRoK
3432/0933

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♣SHINEONE3♣ View Post
He stated that the first 100 or so will come with the tank for $1500.. So I'm assuming the gun will have a price drop after the first 100? at least $2-$300.. ?
You'd think that wouldn't you. But only time will tell and all we can really do is speculate. I hope this is the case.
Become a Deviant!

Free Agent
X>>
Old 04-03-2008, 09:55 AM #74
shadoflame

Quote:
QFT

Those cars actually have extra features that make them cost more and are considered luxury cars. These guns will shoot the same way.
and all cars will drive up to the speed limit also. the speakers, quick bolt out back, no more macroline(i dont find this a nice feature), and last of all, the said dedicated customer service, are extra features that make the price so high.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:57 AM #75
KainRoK
3432/0933

^ I.E.my post on page 2
Become a Deviant!

Free Agent
X>>
Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 AM #76
Stealth Agent
Not*Cal

Stealth Agent is a founding member
Stealth Agent helped look for balloons
(enter logic)
As far as the lux goes, yes it looks like a paintball gun, which looks like every other paintball gun. Get over it...

Next, crybabys and nay sayers aside, this gun has combined EVERY positive aspect of EVERY gun on the market. And yes its expensive at $1500.

But i would rather pay $1500 and get a total package marker that does everything, than pay $1500 just to get some private label ego that has a few more ounces shaved off of it and some teams name engraved in it.

Am i the only one missing the point here?

Yes, the Luxe is expensive, but its the only EVER to come to the market that comes anywhere close to deserving that price tag...i mean look at all the guns that ever cost in the $1500 range and tell me any of them where ever closer to "total package" when it comes to spending that $.

You can pick things out that you don't like on a porcshe or a ferrari, but the guy who does that cant afford one, or is just a hater for the sake of hating.

For reference...
West Wood COcker....1996...$1500
Free FLow cockers....1998...$1500
Cobra Angel LCD.....2000....$1500
DM*....................06-08....$1400
Eclipse Ego SL8R.....2008....$1700
(exit logic)
2009 AXBL Champ....Heroes #13
2009 NAX Champs.....USA #13

Thanks for the love & hate....
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 AM #77
KainRoK
3432/0933

indeed ^^^
Become a Deviant!

Free Agent
X>>
Old 04-03-2008, 10:26 AM #78
bigdaddyreg
Im doing 10 in the nation

bigdaddyreg is a Supporting Member
bigdaddyreg supports Cereal Killerz 2
bigdaddyreg donated to help Peyton Trent
bigdaddyreg owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
bigdaddyreg supports our troops
bigdaddyreg is attending Decay of Nations VI
add the SL 74 ego $1900

I have expired infractions that are older than most members of PBNation
Old 04-03-2008, 11:05 AM #79
RHChan84
You Suck At Life! QUIT!!!

RHChan84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Also, think of it like this. You can buy a decent gun and upgrade it or spend a little more and get a good gun and don't worry about anything. Also some upgrades voids warranty.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:36 PM #80
RavagersTC
USMC If it moves, kill it

RavagersTC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoflame View Post
and all cars will drive up to the speed limit also. the speakers, quick bolt out back, no more macroline(i dont find this a nice feature), and last of all, the said dedicated customer service, are extra features that make the price so high.
It's true....there is no cure for ignorance.....

You're drawing up some really horrible comparisons. You compare a dodge viper to a honda civic and you can mount up a big ****ing list of differences. You compare an SFT shocker with a few upgrades to a luxe and the performance will be the same, the only difference is the extra bundle of cash difference between the two that I could probably use for a beater car. I even threw you a bone in using the SFT for a comparison, since I think it too is a ****ty gun. But there's no denying that with the right barrel reg board and adjusting the settings, it'll throw paint as fast as this thing will and just as accurately.

It's like every point I make skips over your head. You keep pointing at preference, but, what makes you prefer that gun? It doesn't do anything any better than something else far cheaper. I can say the same for the ego8, sl74, sl8r, dm7/8, etc. It's like people enjoy pissing away money on these things as if its raining down from the sky.