Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:00 PM #43
ProblemKinder
Colossians 3:8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Good Luck to DLX.$1500 no I wont buy one.

that quick release to remove the internals was all ready done by Pickadoll marker.
not to mention AGD. also didn't SP just come out with two markers with very easy to remove internals? aren't those guns supposed to be wicked awesome and cost a tiny fraction of the price this "luxury" paintball marker costs?
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2008, 07:10 PM #44
protokid1453
rhapsodie hongroises

Annual Supporting Member
We could all sign up for a pyramid scam and pay $500!

Old 04-01-2008, 07:37 PM #45
RavagersTC
USMC If it moves, kill it

has been a member for 10 years
RavagersTC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Here, how about this, just to toot my own horn....

I spent about 600 or 700 building my cocker. It shoots just as nice and fast as anything else out there. Ego's, dm's, etc. Will people believe it at face value? No. It will take me shooting them with it and showing them, but the point remains, buying new paintball guns is a pointless endeavor. Putting a board with all kinds of ramping modes and what not will make them all shoot the same speed. A good reg and barrel will make it consistent and shazam, you have a gun that will shoot 15bps ball on ball. After that, what more is there to do?

Shave weight. Add fancy colors and milling. But, if you're looking at the performance aspect, I believe you'll find it hard to justify spending twice what one marker would cost for another that would do the exact same thing.

That leaves efficiency and reliability. Any gun kept maintained will work. And xball matches last a couple of minutes and along with unlimited air efficiency is kinda pointless.

I believe I've made my point. Buying a new marker is useless when yesterdays technology will do the job just as well.
Camp Pendleton Tournament Park
Proud POW/MIA Fade Geo owner
"Originally posted by Dk-79: This turtle ate the entire corpse, he understands the golden rule of taking a life... Why can't you?"
Old 04-01-2008, 07:39 PM #46
PB-Gangsta
Imma G

im going to get one =] but im gunna have to save for like a year=[
Old 04-01-2008, 07:58 PM #47
spr316
Matt Barker

spr316 plays in the PSP
spr316 plays in the APPA D4 division
spr316 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB-Gangsta View Post
im going to get one =] but im gunna have to save for like a year=[
same here man
Old 04-01-2008, 08:02 PM #48
sandflea_97
Gunfighter

Annual Supporting Member
sandflea_97 supports Cereal Killerz 2
sandflea_97 donated to help Peyton Trent
sandflea_97 helped look for balloons
sandflea_97 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sandflea_97 supports Bob Gurnsey
sandflea_97 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
This gun already has a negative aura to so many people. Yeah, you might be able to reach a similar level of performance with a $600 gun, but in this market it's all about preference. If you don't prefer the Luxe over your old cocker than don't buy the damn thing. It's that simple.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:15 PM #49
RavagersTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandflea_97 View Post
This gun already has a negative aura to so many people. Yeah, you might be able to reach a similar level of performance with a $600 gun, but in this market it's all about preference. If you don't prefer the Luxe over your old cocker than don't buy the damn thing. It's that simple.
And you better believe I ****ing won't, if for no reason other than its more smart parts garbage. Garbage from the same company whos owner is so insecure about his penis size he sues every other company for a patented technology he doesn't even utilize most of the time, the prick. There, there's my 2 cents about smart parts. I outlined the sensible reasons why this gun is useless, and now you got the ethical side.
Camp Pendleton Tournament Park
Proud POW/MIA Fade Geo owner
"Originally posted by Dk-79: This turtle ate the entire corpse, he understands the golden rule of taking a life... Why can't you?"
Old 04-01-2008, 09:05 PM #50
xsn0man
I bleed burgundy and gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavagersTC View Post
And you better believe I ****ing won't, if for no reason other than its more smart parts garbage. Garbage from the same company whos owner is so insecure about his penis size he sues every other company for a patented technology he doesn't even utilize most of the time, the prick. There, there's my 2 cents about smart parts. I outlined the sensible reasons why this gun is useless, and now you got the ethical side.
thats.......actually hilarious. if i had a rant.txt, where i put the silliest rants i have ever seen, it would be there...

so you hate the gun, and not just that gun, ALL new guns cause yours is better. then you say not only do you disdain new guns, SP guns hold a special place in your own private hell because of the gardeners collective penis envy.
nice one.

people will pay for whatever they value. youre not the one "wasting" your money, so why must you come here and troll the people who want one? congratulations, you hate it, who gives a ****.

personally, i think its a cool idea. way overpriced, but i hope the speaker + the modular design works out. i love modular design. ****, i wish EVERYTHING was designed modularly. it would be awesome. i hope the luxe captures a decent market so this trickles down to more affordable guns.
How many "looks like an shoebox shocker and karni had a baby" threads does it take to prove most paintballers are idiots?
IMP Parts Sale!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:05 PM #51
f.t.m. electra
JAY AR

f.t.m. electra plays in the USPL
f.t.m. electra plays in the PSP
f.t.m. electra supports Team VICIOUS
f.t.m. electra plays in the APPA D4 division
f.t.m. electra supports Empire
a reasonable price for that gun is 800+, thats it
Old 04-01-2008, 10:17 PM #52
xsn0man
I bleed burgundy and gold

...except the fact that very few users know anything about the marker, who are you to judge what the cost is, or the pricetag? im gonna go ahead and assume you have never touched/shot/ personally seen the marker, so your opinion here really has no basis in fact. you saw a picture, and made a judgment on that. you have no idea of the production costs, agreements with SP, distribution costs, or manufacturing costs. the handbuilt/tuned aspect of them boosts the price, and there is limited availability. its not mass marketed and produced like the DMs, shockers, and egos are. its built and tuned for you before you even get it. that costs an enormous amount of money.

honestly, if your going to cry and ***** about price, this marker isnt for you.

i wish there were more people cluttering this forum and stopping me from finding the info that i want
How many "looks like an shoebox shocker and karni had a baby" threads does it take to prove most paintballers are idiots?
IMP Parts Sale!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 AM #53
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.t.m. electra View Post
a reasonable price for that gun is 800+, thats it
What made you come to that conclusion?

-X
Old 04-02-2008, 01:29 AM #54
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavagersTC View Post
I outlined the sensible reasons why this gun is useless, and now you got the ethical side.
Useless? It has use, it shoots paint... Maybe you and I have a different meaning of the word useless?

-X
Old 04-02-2008, 01:42 AM #55
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
I plan on buying one, at least over the summer once I finish getting hired(police departments take forever), but I want to use my GA Myth/Luxfer tank, and still have the macroline-less setup, so I hope it comes with a bottom line that feeds up through the grip or an aftermarket company like CP comes out with one so I don't have to buy a reg to replace the max-flo front reg I can imagine it coming with(just personal preferences over max-flo), other than that I'm very excited to try this gun, only other preference I'd have is go with a matching color barrel over chrome, but at least that's easy to take care of...
Old 04-02-2008, 01:44 AM #56
♣SHINEONE3♣

But Keep in mind.. If the price is "$1500" .. That includes gun and tank, if I'm reading correctly.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:52 AM #57
KainRoK
3432/0933

KainRoK is for the Gunfight
KainRoK supports Pev's Paintball
KainRoK has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
KainRoK is attending Decay of Nations VII
^^^Only the first set are coming with maxflo and tank as stated on page one by the guy from DLX
Originally Posted By:RavagersTC "Garbage from the same company whos owner is so insecure about his penis size he sues every other company for a patented technology he doesn't even utilize most of the time, the prick." in reference to the DLX Luxe about SP
My sexyTexasStormsold a while ago.....
Become a Deviant!

Free Agent
X>>
Old 04-02-2008, 07:58 AM #58
Dark Zero
'tuga

What's with all the hate? Ego's and DM's are practically the same thing year after year and cost 1200-1400~(no tank) respectively yet people don't seem to have much of a problem with that. You'd think they should cost less since its practically the same thing again, with some changes.

Atleast the Luxe seems to be trying to bring some different things to the table. Usually new endeavors aren't the cheapest things to bring to the market. To those who think it should be cheaper, IE: $800~, WHY do you think that?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:10 PM #59
♣SHINEONE3♣

Quote:
Originally Posted by KainRoK View Post
^^^Only the first set are coming with maxflo and tank as stated on page one by the guy from DLX

He stated that the first 100 or so will come with the tank for $1500.. So I'm assuming the gun will have a price drop after the first 100? at least $2-$300.. ?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:16 PM #60
Aznac872
NthgVenturedNthgGained

Annual Supporting Member
Aznac872 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Aznac872 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Aznac872 is Legendary
Aznac872 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero View Post
What's with all the hate? Ego's and DM's are practically the same thing year after year and cost 1200-1400~(no tank) respectively yet people don't seem to have much of a problem with that. You'd think they should cost less since its practically the same thing again, with some changes.

Atleast the Luxe seems to be trying to bring some different things to the table. Usually new endeavors aren't the cheapest things to bring to the market. To those who think it should be cheaper, IE: $800~, WHY do you think that?
Exactly, they are targeting people interested in higher end guns and are including things in the package to justify the price tag.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:11 PM #61
RavagersTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero View Post

I looped them all together. This years 08 guns are no better than 07's or even 06's for that matter. They all shoot just as accurate (ball on ball cant be made any better, seeing as the second ball hits right where the one before it did) and they'll all shoot the same speed if set for it. The *****ing comes in at weight for all the little pencil armed 12 year olds.

But, here's a little riddle for you. How much do you think the price is expanded over the production costs? A very large amount. Aluminum is not THAT expensive compared to other metals like titanium. It's also soft making it easy to mill. And given the fact these companies make so many of each gun and part, they just write the programs to do it for them and send them all off to anno which is also really cheap in large batches. There's a local anno shop in my area which will do a complete gun for 20 bucks but you have to strip it first, and it looks nice. Sure, no fades or acid washes, but a solid color at any custom shop is 100+. Materials and workmanship does not even add up to 700, so riddle me this..... Where does the other 800 come in? Don't say I don't know what I'm talking about cause I haven't seen statements from the company, cause its just common sense. It really is too. Plastic and metal are very cheap materials to make in large numbers. It comes with the age we're in.

As for it being useless.... It does the same things as any other high end, and they're all extremely over priced anyways. Most real guns don't even cost as much as todays paintball markers, and they involve a lot more metal, engineering, and working parts. These companies make gigantic profits over hype and not much else seeing as the things they "invent" are just reinventions of something else. Any gun I can get that will ramp 15bps for mxl and shoot accurately that I can get for as cheap as possible is enough for me. And believe me, I can find a bunch that work as good as this thing and cost a fraction of what it does.