PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2008, 04:21 PM #1
DeTrevni
Going fast with class!

Rocker Osiris: Timing Adjustability?

Well, I posted this over on the electro 'cockers section, but got a bunch of blank stares, so I figure I'd try down here. Heck, if Leon would get in contact with me, that would be optimal. I know you still lurk here, Leon!

So anyway, I've got a PGI rocker frame for my Osiris. While trying to get a price for the kit, it was mentioned that swapping bodies on the Osiris would lead to timing problems, because there is no way to time a rocker Osiris board. All the dipswitches control BPS, and it's basically as timed as it will get from PGI, and seeing as they are dead and buried, I may be SOL if I need to electronically retime.

So my question is what will cause differences in timing, and what kind of control do I have over said timing? Since most 'cocker bodies are built to the same specifications, would swapping the body really cause problems? Or pneumatics for that matter? It's already got a QEV'd Free Flow ram, and LPR's can be adjusted, so would different pneumatics cause an issue? For example, say the FF ram gets gummy, and since I can't rebuild it, I opt for an Evo or .44 ram.

I can see how replacing the solenoids might cause a problem, however...

Thanks for any help.

PS: I figure I'll swap for the closed-bolt universal T-Board when it's all fixed up anyway, I just want to know my options.