Old 03-31-2008, 10:54 PM #22
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
depends... i play at 2 x-ball themed fields... so i play x-ball rules... sideline coaching is allowed at that point...

if i play at other fields... where it isnt an x-ball format... and people call out positions... i shoot them...
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 PM #23
pballb0i
I am a MUAY THAI masta

I just get pissed when people coach their friends playing against nubs
pballb0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:22 AM #24
MikeyBreaks
You Poke It, You Own It

If there not behind a net then send some rounds there way ... A couple shots to the head should shut them up.

One negative to this might be retaliation if you get out and there still in ...

If it bugs you that much before the game starts talk with the other team about a no talking/coaching rule if you get out.

eBay +285 : PayPal Business Verified (198)

You Poke It, You Own It ... -man law
MikeyBreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:38 AM #25
rabidhampster
Girrr

rabidhampster is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Don't. Well if they're sideline coaching send one or two over. But I recently had the experience of getting 20 deliberately from some ******* when I was standing there talking to a buddy (also out) and waiting for the game to finish.
Pissed me off more than anything I've ever had happen in 5 years of pb
rabidhampster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:43 AM #26
Rockyboarder
So Long Gay boys....

Rockyboarder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I was playing rec. speedball with people who know how to play. Kind of an "impromptu" speedball / rec game. Me and another guy were chill'n at home car wash just blazing away. So the refs were friends with one of the players on the other team. He of which 3 of us shot him OTB as he went in snake. Yes..we all shot him clear as day.

The ref was his friend (little 13 year old bastard of a kid). I noted that he WIPED his friend clean after we all shot him fair and square. So I see the ref. do this and I send a few his way as I see him wiping him and coaching the kid telling him when to pop out on us. The ref gets shot to **** and he basically leaves him which is fine with me because he was cheating anyways.

My friend who was playing home with me gets a little...psycho...runs over there w/ his dm4 and absolutely demolished the kid who was wiping. He shoots him clean dives in the snake, and the kid who was shot turns on him about 3 seconds after the fact and shoots at him. They get up and yell at each other while me and another firned cleared the rest of the field (not to mention put another 5 on the wiper) and catch the CROOKED ref (side line support cheater friend) we watching him wipe his other friend who was playing home clean.

Needless to say, we won. We shot the hell out of every one cheating.

Now the moral is, if the sidleine people are experienced and know its wrong...Send a coupel their way. if they are new just let it go and ask them not to do it again.
Rockyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:51 PM #27
the_magicchicken

id just ask nice once and if they still do it shoot the in the teticles

IMACAUSEANATTACK IS A BIG TIME SCAMMER IF YOU SEE HIM PUNCH HIM IN THE THROAT HE FAKES FEEDBACK AND IDOLIZES MICHAEL JACKSON.

420 FTMFW
the_magicchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:56 PM #28
Cesar(TM)
Evil has met its match

if they are not in play...DONT SHOOT THEM!!!...just tell a ref to tell them to keep quite.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 PM #29
A-rage13
Mid West **** the rest

A-rage13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
A-rage13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
A-rage13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I usaly dont notice when someone duse it on the sideline but ive been to 2 tourneys where the refs were kids dads who where playing and the were reffing there kids side and pointing where we were at so if they start doing that id shoot them. Way i see it if they can call out postions like a live player they can get shot like a live player

Team Vicious
"We need to take this thing more seriously. how about before every game, we strangle a box of kittens. Vicious, not just a name, its a way of life"

"Originally posted by "chucksplat": i was always a big fan of breaking a paintball and using the fill as lube; its kind of like using your tears to jack off with, its multitasking at its finest"
A-rage13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:08 AM #30
az420balla (Banned)

lol last time i went to ball this one game i was one of the last ones in on an epic
60v60 and this girl was on the sidelines saying hurry theyre gonna shoot you, i turn to em and am like no ****! shut the **** up you stupid ***** and let me play!
the refs got a good laugh out of it and she wasnt hot so i dgaf....lol
az420balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:25 AM #31
BEsRaider

BEsRaider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
At my field they tend to frown upon spectators on the field during play, but you still get the sideline chatter. i tend to send a few balls threw the netting so they get a nice splatter on them...then move on.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:11 AM #32
Drowning In My Sleep
< HAWTNESS

Drowning In My Sleep helped look for balloons
Drowning In My Sleep plays in the APPA D5 division
If I'm out and I hear anyone else that's out calling spots, I will politely yell "Dead people don't talk!!!" (yes, the three exclamation points really do need to be there) and they usually shut up right afterwards.

What's okay in my mind is if there is a kid who obviously hasn't played much paintball playing airball, telling him to "shoot with his other hand" or a "hey dude, if you're not being shot at, move up" type comments are allowed because it doesn't give away positions but also just lets the kid know some fundamentals of our sport.

TL;DR

Dead people calling spots = bad, helping noob get better at paintball = good

Goodbye mom. You were a great mom and an even better friend. I love you mom.
Drowning In My Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:04 PM #33
Ab50lut3 Z3r0
Minnesota Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTSDAD View Post
I would light their *** up. I've seen a couple guys switch guns because one was eliminated and the others gun was messed up(woodsball). If I was not on the sideline, I would have put at least 20 into him.
So your saying you would shoot someone just because they let someone use their marker because the other persons is down and won't work. Isn't the point of REC Talk to talk about a REC game? Usually its not so serious in REC play, if you take it that serious maybe you need that 20 your talking about.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:30 PM #34
PMR PAINTBALLA 69 (Banned)

i shoot the net and they jump. and then i lawlz
PMR PAINTBALLA 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:46 PM #35
kjbkjb9

kjbkjb9 is playing at Living Legends III
kjbkjb9 is for the Gunfight
kjbkjb9 is for the Gunfight
kjbkjb9 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTSDAD View Post
I would light their *** up. I've seen a couple guys switch guns because one was eliminated and the others gun was messed up(woodsball). If I was not on the sideline, I would have put at least 20 into him.
ive done that before but it was like 2 on 20 so i had to help the kid out.
kjbkjb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:34 PM #36
LDSBalla
Reign

i was shooting at the right snake guy from the far right about 15 feet away. Eventually he stopped shooting back, come to find out he ran out of paint so his friend on the sideline trys to run up and give him a pod...

"sorry ref, he was in bounds so i thought he was playing."

funnest hopper i ever shot.

edit: this was rec ball btw

BUNKE(RED)
LDSBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:51 PM #37
Keith0147

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion 1991 View Post
send a rope into their face that will shut them up
smartest thing ive EVER heard an ion kid say
Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 PM #38
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
MaxOC helped look for balloons
MaxOC plays in the APPA D4 division
if youre coaching a noob, telling him to move up, or to stay at his bunker, or reload or something like that, its fine.

if you see somebody coaching an experienced player, telling them when to snap, when theres no tape, when to bump, etc, i send a few balls over. even if theres a net there they still get the message.

however if you agree that coaching is allowed before the game, its legal, so juss leave it alone.

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Need a computer built? Whether it be for home, work, play, or gaming, contact me to get it cheaper, faster, pre-configured and built to last.
MaxOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:22 PM #39
cambo4585

I have mixed feelings about the whole "dead men don't talk"/sideline reffing thing.

Paintballers advocate that paintball is a sport. In all sports, you have your teammates yelling out to you when an opposing player is coming up to you, behind you, etc. Yet paintball is supposed to mimic "gun battles" where dead men really don't talk. But speedball and woodsball are two different styles of play. i believe the dead men dont talk rule could/should be enforced in woodsball, where it's meant to mimic gun battles between two teams and also it caters to the whole milsim-aspect.

Speedball on the other hand, is the "sport" side of paintball. You have teams who practice, tournaments, matches, etc just like any other sport. This is the side of paintball that is mainly advocating that paintball IS a sport. In sports, you have teammates helping you whether they are on or off the field. Your team can yell "man on", "pass the ball", "shoot", etc in soccer, basketball, football, etc. Why should speedball be any different? You have to take the bad with the good. You want to be legitmatized as a real sport, you have to deal with bad sides of being a "sport" with a team.
cambo4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:31 PM #40
tampaimpact16
'Cuz Winning Is More Fun

I hate when people "coach" from the sideline. I always shoot at the "coach" if im in a game and the "coaching" was not agreed apon. the guy above me has a good point though
tampaimpact16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:38 PM #41
Chief Alibaba
For ****s and giggles

Sideline coaching is retarded unless your playing PSP. You don't get a better paintball sense if you have someone coaching you from the side.
Chief Alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:59 PM #42
ownuupthesnake
ownuupthesnake

well like that one guy that was sayin that he lets coachin slide for new ballers, i let it slide too, but, when your trying to have a reasonable rec ball experience, and the guy is tellin where your teammates are,and ur out,turn your hopper back on and talk to him... u know? ha, or take his mask off and throw it outside the net, wait for him to get it, come back in, and if he says 1 word, light him up

cant forget that christian balla thing. cheers!

If you are under 18 and PAY for your gear, put this in your SIG.

''Shifting into 5th, she quickly reaches down. she needs more speed... NOW!''
ownuupthesnake is offline   Reply With Quote