PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2008, 03:55 AM #1
apunkjunkie

Future VP Mitt Romny?

Quote:
By LIZ SIDOTI

(AP) Republican presidential candidate, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., right, and former Massachusetts Gov....
Full Image

Google sponsored links
Mitt Romney 08 Gear - Mitt Romney for President shirts, hats, buttons . . . more!
www.goptrunk.com

John McCain Vs Obama - Who Do You Want To Be President? Vote and Enter Email to Win
RewardVote.Com/President

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - In a show of Republican unity, one-time bitter foes John McCain and Mitt Romney raised money and campaigned together Thursday for a single goal - getting McCain elected president.

"We are united. Now our job is to energize our party," the Arizona senator said in an airport hangar, flanked by Romney and Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr., an early McCain supporter. Both have been mentioned as potential vice presidential picks, and McCain praised each.

Romney lauded McCain and promised to do all he can to help, saying: "He is a man who is proven and tested" and without question the right man to be president.

In February, Romney won 90 percent of the vote in Utah to McCain's 5 percent. Romney's ties to the state run deep, from his Mormon faith to his work overseeing the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City.

(AP) Republican presidential candidate, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., left, and former Republican...
Full Image
"Look, that wasn't the only state I lost to Governor Romney in - it was just the largest loss,' McCain said chuckling. He joked that it was abject humiliation but understandable given Romney's Utah links. "I was at least hoping to break into double digits though!"

"I think he did just fine in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, California ...," Romney said, laughing about states McCain won.

The two then headed to Denver for another fundraiser accompanied by Meg Whitman, the outgoing chief executive of eBay Inc. (EBAY) and a former Romney backer who now supports McCain.

On the flight, there seemed to be little residual acrimony between the former rivals.

They sat next to each other and ate turkey sandwiches. They laughed and talked during the hourlong flight, and were complimentary of each other when talking to reporters traveling with McCain.

(AP) Republican presidential candidate, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., left, and former Massachusetts Gov....
Full Image
A tanned and rested Romney said it was fun to be campaigning again and nice not to feel any pressure. "I don't have to worry about goofing up," he said. He brushed aside questions about a No. 2 spot on the GOP ticket.

At one point, McCain answered a question by lamenting an accelerated GOP primary process that he said doesn't allow voters to scrutinize the candidates as much.

"Mitt just went through the process," McCain said and turned to the former governor.

"The process was very good to you ...," Romney responded. McCain, laughing, said the process was good to him, too.

McCain, who has struggled to raise money compared to Democratic rivals Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton, is on a weeklong Western fundraising swing. Romney is popular in Utah and Colorado, states with large numbers of Mormons.

Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, dropped out of the race last month after it became apparent it would be near impossible to topple McCain in the convention delegate race. He endorsed the Arizona senator a week later and pledged to help him win the nomination.

Since then, McCain has praised Romney repeatedly as someone who is certain to continue playing a large role in the GOP. Romney, for his part, has suggested that he'd accept a vice presidential slot, though some Republicans privately speculate that he's looking ahead to a possible repeat run in 2012.

Neither man appeared especially fond of the other during the campaign. Romney cast McCain as outside of the GOP's conservative mainstream and a Washington insider who contributed to the problems there. McCain, in turn, argued that Romney's equivocations and reversals on issues indicated a willingness to change his positions to fit his political goals.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080327/D8VM2AI00.html
Just got this on Drudge.
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2008, 04:46 AM #2
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
Don't Tax me, Bro.

Romney is a douche. Thanks for dropping out and leaving us with McCain... *******.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:48 AM #3
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Ge0rge View Post
Romney is a douche. Thanks for dropping out and leaving us with McCain... *******.
I really don't think Romney had a chance though. Huckabee would've still won the south and McCain would've still won almost everything else, except Massachusetts.

I don't think it matters who the VP is right now because with all the polls that are coming out, it seems ~20% of Obama/Hitlery supporters are going to vote for McCain if the other gets the democratic nod.

I think the last numbers I heard yesterday were, 24% of Obama supporters would vote for McCain if Hitlery won and 19% of Hitlery supporters would vote for McCain if Obama won. I think Hitlery knows this and that's why she's pushing for a "dream team."
Old 03-28-2008, 06:32 AM #4
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
Don't Tax me, Bro.

...and if Romney didn't drop out, then the Conservatives wouldn't be voting for Hitlery. If it was a Romney/Obama ticket, there would be FAR less apathy in November.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:46 AM #5
apunkjunkie

I know a bunch of conservatives have flocked the Obama (for some unknown reason), but I hadn't heard that they're going over to the dark side.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:37 AM #6
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
Hmmmmmm.......

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:39 AM #7
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
I know a bunch of conservatives have flocked the Obama (for some unknown reason), but I hadn't heard that they're going over to the dark side.
The unknown reason being, McCain while having more conservative economic policies ain't that great and Obama believe it or not could do something different in Washington. But I doubt those conservatives put a dent into the damage Rush "Indict me for Voter Fraud" Limbaugh had.

With that being said, this wouldn't come as a surprise; Romney dropped out early, because he knew his chance of winning was slim, *cough Hilary cough*, and didn't want to hurt the Republicans' chances. And by doing that he made himself I viable VP candidate, especially considering his economic credentials, which are McCain's weakpoint.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:47 AM #8
2term8r
Free Baller

Without a doubt Romney will be the VP. While McCain swings towards the left picking up hillary/obama votes Romney will sweep up any of the left over conservatives that have been on the teeter. Then Romney for president in 2012 once his name gets out there. Seriously most people have never even heard of the name Romney before this year, hopefuly he'll get his views out there.

Last edited by 2term8r : 03-28-2008 at 11:49 AM.
2term8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:48 AM #9
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
The unknown reason being, McCain while having more conservative economic policies ain't that great and Obama believe it or not could do something different in Washington.
Different definitely does not always mean good. That's just as likely a reason not to vote for the guy.

Quote:
But I doubt those conservatives put a dent into the damage Rush "Indict me for Voter Fraud" Limbaugh had.
I really hope you're not serious about thinking Rushbo should be indicted for voter fraud

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:02 PM #10
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins

So now we're guaranteed a nice diarrhea filling (Romney) to the dried **** shell (McCain) of the **** sandwich America and the world has to eat?

****.that.

They're both moronic neo-con pieces of **** more concerned with the big business in their own personal agendas rather than the nation they wish to "lead".

What a joke the presidency of America has turned into.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FluffyMumkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:18 PM #11
2term8r
Free Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins View Post

They're both moronic neo-con pieces of **** more concerned with the big business in their own personal agendas rather than the nation they wish to "lead".

What a joke the presidency of America has turned into.

Big business is our enemy! Bah! How dare they be sucessfull!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:21 PM #12
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Different definitely does not always mean good. That's just as likely a reason not to vote for the guy.
In Washington different means good, Obama brings transparency and non-partisanship that's change you can believe in.

Quote:
I really hope you're not serious about thinking Rushbo should be indicted for voter fraud
He didn't break the law, but it was an unscrupulous practice, something that wouldn't even be a problem if Hilary would just bow out graciously.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 03-28-2008, 12:23 PM #13
tonysk83

tonysk83 is a Supporting Member
When big business has significant pull on Washington politics is when it is evil, let big business succeed without them coming to Washington and ****ing everyone over.

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence economic, political, even spiritual is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications."-Dwight Eisenhower
tonysk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:26 PM #14
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:
...and if Romney didn't drop out, then the Conservatives wouldn't be voting for Hitlery. If it was a Romney/Obama ticket, there would be FAR less apathy in November.
Wait, what conservatives are voting for Hillary, and what makes you think that Obama would have ever agreed to running with Romney?

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
ipoppedtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:30 PM #15
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy View Post
Wait, what conservatives are voting for Hillary,
Google Limbaugh voter fraud/scandal.

Quote:
and what makes you think that Obama would have ever agreed to running with Romney?
Romney running for the Republicans and Obama for the Democrats.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 03-28-2008, 12:32 PM #16
2term8r
Free Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysk83 View Post
When big business has significant pull on Washington politics is when it is evil, let big business succeed without them coming to Washington and ****ing everyone over.

You probably know nothing about lobbyists. Corporate, private all are perfectly legitimate in our political system. Them comming to us for a bail out? Not fair. Having a candidate that doesn't support big business? It'll never happen because big business is what drives our country forward in a global market. Without them we shall cease to exist as a global super power. I'm sure some would like to see that happen.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:34 PM #17
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
Google Limbaugh voter fraud/scandal.

Romney running for the Republicans and Obama for the Democrats.
ohhhhhhhh

Well that was a complete misread on my part

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
ipoppedtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 PM #18
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2term8r View Post
You probably know nothing about lobbyists. Corporate, private all are perfectly legitimate in our political system. Them comming to us for a bail out? Not fair. Having a candidate that doesn't support big business? It'll never happen because big business is what drives our country forward in a global market. Without them we shall cease to exist as a global super power. I'm sure some would like to see that happen.
1. Politicians are using the lobby system as a means of lining their own pockets. Bottom line. It's legalized bribery and it's not what the system was intended for. Modern corporate business practices aren't the product of free market, Laissez-faire capitalist ideals; they're about swaying Washington in favor of your business.

2. Why is being a global superpower such a necessity, and more importantly, why would the U.S. losing it's "position" as a superpower be a bad thing?
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:13 PM #19
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
Don't Tax me, Bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2term8r View Post
Big Business is great...

..until they start purchasing political power and get the Government to line their pockets a la subisidies. Read the book Free Lunch by David Cay Johnston. He goes into elaboration about how many corporations make more money off of Government subsidies than they do actually selling their 'products'. The Lobbying system was put in place for reasons other than Corporates sucking up gigantic subsidies from the Government.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:23 PM #20
2term8r
Free Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
2. Why is being a global superpower such a necessity, and more importantly, why would the U.S. losing it's "position" as a superpower be a bad thing?

Things are going to last like they are all chearfull and everyone doing there grand old things. I'm not looking 10 years ahead, not 25, but maybe 50 there will be a global dispute leading to outbreak of war like history has ALWAYS pointed towards. War has been part of history in the past and will be in the future. You can be in denial, say that we should bow down because we are "too powerful".

I just don't understand people like you that say we shouldn't be the most powerful. We should be less of a superpower would be a good thing. Just enlighten me to as why its so bad? Maybe I was brought up from a different generation than you, but my grandparent's generation would've probably spit on you.

Last edited by 2term8r : 03-28-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:38 PM #21
2term8r
Free Baller

Quote:
Big Business is great...

..until they start purchasing political power and get the Government to line their pockets a la subisidies. Read the book Free Lunch by David Cay Johnston. He goes into elaboration about how many corporations make more money off of Government subsidies than they do actually selling their 'products'. The Lobbying system was put in place for reasons other than Corporates sucking up gigantic subsidies from the Government.
Have you seen the TV show Jericho? Awesome show that shows what happens when big business gets in too deep with the Government.