PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2008, 03:41 PM #22
timmyt (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Even after that $3 or $4 billion, I still don't think it directly sponsors significant acts of terrorism. I'm more concerned with Iran-sponsored terror or Pakistan's. Either way, Afghan opium sales still directly contribute more to the Taliban and Al-Qaeda's coffers than Saudi oil.
Why don't we eradicate the poppy fields?
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2008, 03:43 PM #23
2term8r
Free Baller

has been a member for 10 years
Where would I get my heroin?
2term8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:45 PM #24
timmyt (Banned)

I guess teh war on drugs stops in Afghanistan. We can destroy their training camps and infrustructure, but when it comes to poppy fields, i guess it's a different bag of tricks there.
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:52 PM #25
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins

Oh noes. Not drugs. Anything but people having control of their own physical body!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FluffyMumkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:52 PM #26
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
If you dont like paying terrorists then get the manditory MPG to be raised to 40MPG (or so) and that applies to all domestic and imports. If companies dont submit to this standard then they lose the right to build/import cars (all automobiles) to the US. But this will never happen with the current administration or any other that is corrupted by big buisness.
Umm no. We could just let gas prices be what they're going to be, not shed blood for it, and allow the free market to find solutions. At least that's the American way and thats how we've done things for the past 300 years. Sorry if its a little extreme.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:53 PM #27
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyt View Post
We've taken out a lot, but they've resurged recently. NATO hasn't supported American and British resolve in Afganistan and its failings illustrate the huge shortcomings of the once great organization. Regardless, the Afghanistan economy has gotten stronger every year and there are reasons to be optimistic. However, Afghanistan will take time. Much more time than Iraq. It was a failed state long before we arrived and most of the population can't read. We just have to stay commited.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:56 PM #28
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins View Post
Oh noes. Not drugs. Anything but people having control of their own physical body!!
But when decisions drug users make directly harm others as in the case of opium, restrictions have to be made.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:57 PM #29
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyt View Post
Because its not our poppy fields.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:48 PM #30
rkwhoooooo
Male Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Umm no. We could just let gas prices be what they're going to be, not shed blood for it, and allow the free market to find solutions. At least that's the American way and thats how we've done things for the past 300 years. Sorry if its a little extreme.
Wasn't that Hoover's plan of action during the Great Depression? Face it, Capitalism's biggest downfall is the way over speculation can create mass panic in the private sector. Every now and then government intervention can be helpful.

ΣX
rkwhoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:21 PM #31
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
But when decisions drug users make directly harm others as in the case of opium, restrictions have to be made.
What?

Oh wait, you're a neo con. You think drugs like pot, heroin, and cocaine make people filled with rage and prone to shoot up school.

The poppy fields belong to that country. Not the USA.
Quote:
We've taken out a lot, but they've resurged recently. NATO hasn't supported American and British resolve in Afganistan and its failings illustrate the huge shortcomings of the once great organization. Regardless, the Afghanistan economy has gotten stronger every year and there are reasons to be optimistic. However, Afghanistan will take time. Much more time than Iraq. It was a failed state long before we arrived and most of the population can't read. We just have to stay commited.
The U.S. is the only one over there now because they're the ones that were stupid enough to get into it. It's smart for everyone else to let the U.S. make an *** of itself. Also, why should we be caring about their economy? It's the Middle East. They have been the same pile of **** for centuries. And what about their literacy ability? You're telling me that thousands upon thousands of people have died because we're trying to restore literacy? Not to mention attempting to restore a war torn piece of ****?
The United State's government is hilarious. They run through the world bossing people around, beat the hell out of anyone who doesn't like it, and then they give them a bandaid and hope it all fixes itself. THERE IS NO PURPOSE TO STAY OR EVEN FOR US TO HAVE EVER GOTTEN IN.

Militaristic *******s like McCain just want something to shoot at.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 03-28-2008, 09:52 PM #32
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins View Post
What?

Oh wait, you're a neo con. You think drugs like pot, heroin, and cocaine make people filled with rage and prone to shoot up school.
I think pot should be legalized, opium and heroin should stay banned. If you buy opium, 9 times out of 10 it came from Afghanistan and you may be directly financing terrorism. And no, there's nothing 'neo' about me, I've always been a conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins
The poppy fields belong to that country. Not the USA.

The U.S. is the only one over there now because they're the ones that were stupid enough to get into it. It's smart for everyone else to let the U.S. make an *** of itself. Also, why should we be caring about their economy? It's the Middle East. They have been the same pile of **** for centuries. And what about their literacy ability? You're telling me that thousands upon thousands of people have died because we're trying to restore literacy? Not to mention attempting to restore a war torn piece of ****?
The United State's government is hilarious. They run through the world bossing people around, beat the hell out of anyone who doesn't like it, and then they give them a bandaid and hope it all fixes itself. THERE IS NO PURPOSE TO STAY OR EVEN FOR US TO HAVE EVER GOTTEN IN.

Militaristic *******s like McCain just want something to shoot at.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 PM #33
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins

You're not a conservative if you support the war in Iraq or John McCain.....

If you're talking about the war-mongering, imperialistic, big spending, big government, corporation-influenced decision definition of "Conservative", then yes you're that. But you're not a true Conservative.

Also, it would be nice of you to provide a legitimate source stating where opium in the United States is coming from.

I'm pretty sure the majority of it actually comes from South America and crops within America just like how marijuana comes into the U.S. already.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 03-29-2008, 11:45 AM #34
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
We wouldn't have a very effective Military if it didn't use oil, and I doubt you're willing to stop driving your car to do your part either, so we're quite the lose lose situation.

Answer? Oil shale in Wyoming, Utah, and Canada.
I stopped using my car. Bicycles FTW

I'm saving up for a road bike. 50-60 MPG makes 4 dollars a gallon seem like petty cash.

I flip off every person I see driving an oversized SUV. THEY are the problem with this country.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
NorCalBaller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:10 PM #35
StockholmJoy

My plan for drilling in ANWR:
Introduce snow leopards to the caribous'/polar bears' habitat and let them either:
a) Kill off all other life in the area
b) Chase all other life into Canada
c) a combination of a and b

If that doesn't work, I have an alternate plan:
-Introduce polar bears into a new habitat: PETA's headquarters. Then they'll really love those animals!

After eith plan is complete, ANWR will be free for drilling because either
a) ANWR will be absent of all animal life, and thus, ok to drill on.
b) PETA will be gone after their polar bear experience, leaving ANWR free for the taking

(I am kidding obviously, but we do need to drill there)

EDIT: I hope the person above me was kidding, but I laughed
Old 03-29-2008, 11:10 PM #36
NorCalBaller88
iFap

I'm not kidding. People that drive gas guzzling SUVs like tahoes and yukons can blow me.

And I think it would be a tragedy to drill in Alaska.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:53 AM #37
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBaller88 View Post
And I think it would be a tragedy to drill in Alaska.
Why? What if it could potentially save American lives?

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:10 AM #38
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Quote:
"Natural selection", ever heard of it? Why try to save people when there are to many already!

We want to make things stable, but as a species we can't even do that!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:32 AM #39
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
"Natural selection", ever heard of it? Why try to save people when there are to many already!
Wow, what a surprise you'd say something like that...

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:04 AM #40
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
You and I are in disagreement here. I value keeping alaskan ecosystems pristine more than I value american lives. Sorry.

More bluntly? **** em, it's not our place to go in and screw up one of the few surviving pristine ecosystems left on the planet, not to mention one of the richest and highest producing.

The sooner the market forces us to alternative energy, the better it will be for all of us.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:38 AM #41
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBaller88 View Post
I'm not kidding. People that drive gas guzzling SUVs like tahoes and yukons can blow me.
Do you also hate minivans, pickups, and sports cars?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:44 AM #42
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyman_462 View Post
Do you also hate minivans, pickups, and sports cars?
minivans aren't that bad. My dad's gets something like 25 mph.

I hate on people that drive pickups just to have them for the look. You know. Non hicks. Or non carpenters. Ect. You'll see a lot of rich kids around these parts that drive very shiny, very large pickups, that obviously have no other use for them then to have something big.

Sports cars? At least they are keeping the roads sexy

Corvettes get something like 25 mpg cruising on the freeway.