PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2008, 02:14 PM #43
2term8r
Free Baller

has been a member for 10 years
Marijuana isn't a national issue. It is a state issue and it should stay that way. Stop your b*tchin. Get informed about your local senators, law makers and judges and vote them in if they support legalization. ITS NOT A NATIONAL ISSUE like you guys want it to be.

If you want a degrading sense of nationalism like europe and the dutch then move there. Sound like a bunch of hippys that want EVERY thing that makes a person happy legal and free to everyone.
2term8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2008, 02:21 PM #44
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2term8r View Post
Marijuana isn't a national issue. It is a state issue and it should stay that way. Stop your b*tchin. Get informed about your local senators, law makers and judges and vote them in if they support legalization. ITS NOT A NATIONAL ISSUE like you guys want it to be.
Right now it is a federal issue, if you haven't heard there is a federal law that makes possession of marijuana illegal. Seeing as how the OP supports Ron Paul, I don't think he would have any problem were the issue to be addressed on the state level.

This isn't even relevant to the thread, it isn't about legalization per say, but about how these attempts at moral policing, do not create a more moral society.

Quote:
If you want a degrading sense of nationalism like europe and the dutch then move there. Sound like a bunch of hippys that want EVERY thing that makes a person happy legal and free to everyone.
I'm sure your only argument for degrading sense of nationalism is the existence of the EU, but if you had done any research you would see that the EU is still controlled by nationalist interests, even when Germany wished to create an EU with stronger central control this was merely an attempt to increase their power as they are the strongest state in Europe.

If I am wrong with this assumption, I apologize and would love to hear your factually supported rationale.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:32 PM #45
2term8r
Free Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
Right now it is a federal issue, if you haven't heard there is a federal law that makes possession of marijuana illegal. Seeing as how the OP supports Ron Paul, I don't think he would have any problem were the issue to be addressed on the state level.

This isn't even relevant to the thread, it isn't about legalization per say, but about how these attempts at moral policing, do not create a more moral society.

I'm sure your only argument for degrading sense of nationalism is the existence of the EU, but if you had done any research you would see that the EU is still controlled by nationalist interests, even when Germany wished to create an EU with stronger central control this was merely an attempt to increase their power as they are the strongest state in Europe.

If I am wrong with this assumption, I apologize and would love to hear your factually supported rationale.

Where the EU comes into play is your guess. This is why the European summits, which bring together the heads of all the EU member states, are accompanied by massive demonstrations against the Europe of the Bosses. Meeting behind closed doors, a tiny number of those who rule Europe are making decisions that will effect the lives of every one of the hundreds of millions of people living in the European Union as well as the countries to the east and North Africa.

The workers of Europe have no say in these decisions whatsoever. The Nice referendum demonstrated that in the exceptional circumstances where citizens of a European country get to vote on an aspect of the process they are only allowed give one answer. Ireland was the only country in Europe where the citizens got to vote on the Nice treaty and when they voted it down the government simply held another referendum and told them to vote yes.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:33 PM #46
elTwitcho

Quote:
Sure does sound ****ty...

Quote:
Without wanting to turn this into a marijuana legalization debate, the FEDERAL government has in the past over ruled legislation made by the STATE government (specifically in California) when attempts at legalization (medical or otherwise) were made. While it should be a state issue, the federal government has stepped in and made it a federal issue.

A bit of knowledge before telling people to stop "*****in" and "get informed" would save you alot of embarassment in the future

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 PM #47
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Where the EU comes into play is your guess. This is why the European summits, which bring together the heads of all the EU member states, are accompanied by massive demonstrations against the Europe of the Bosses. Meeting behind closed doors, a tiny number of those who rule Europe are making decisions that will effect the lives of every one of the hundreds of millions of people living in the European Union as well as the countries to the east and North Africa.

The workers of Europe have no say in these decisions whatsoever. The Nice referendum demonstrated that in the exceptional circumstances where citizens of a European country get to vote on an aspect of the process they are only allowed give one answer. Ireland was the only country in Europe where the citizens got to vote on the Nice treaty and when they voted it down the government simply held another referendum and told them to vote yes.
The European Union isn't the downfall of nationalism, it is power politics at work. While you are right that some weaker nations may be unable to exert less autonomy than prior to the EU. This isn't because of the downfall of nationalism, it is because stronger nations in the EU namely Germany and France are able to use the EU to pursue their own national interests.

I don't want to clutter this thread anymore, but if you care to talk about this more you can make a new thread.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 PM #48
2term8r
Free Baller

You know as well as any of us that pushing for legalization is like pushing an elephant with a toothpick. Yes California is being pushed around by Federal Laws that say the opposite. That isn't stopping other states even today for pushing for legalization of some amounts. Just today hear in MA they said they'd vote next year towards legalization of a certain amount reguardless of whats happening in CA.

Last edited by 2term8r : 03-27-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:37 PM #49
elTwitcho

Quote:

The workers of Europe have no say in these decisions whatsoever.
This is no different than the G8 meetings or WTO ministerial conferences both of which are accompanied by massive demonstrations, behind closed doors and involve a tiny few that make decisions that will "effect(sic) the lives of every one of the hundreds of millions of people living" in the US.

Welcome to governance in the 21st century

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:52 PM #50
tonysk83

tonysk83 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post

Bingo. This thread isn't about my personal views that both should be legal, it is about moral policing that we love to do in this country. We use government to enforce a set guideline of morality that I believe is inherently corrupt and a disgusting misuse of our government.

Quote:

Sorry, it is a national issue, I wish it was a state issue because then I would have a lot more power in my hands to work on getting our laws reformed. When states started turning the drinking age to 21 some states refused, Wisconsin being one of them. Guess what the federal government did? They refused to give Wisconsin federal funding for highways that most states receive. The same thing will happen with marijuana. The best we can do on the state level is to get marijuana decriminalized that states like Ohio, Colorado, New York, California, and Oregon have.

Trust me, I don't want it to be a national issue, and strongly oppose the idea of the federal government regulating the states in regards to prostitution and marijuana, that isn't there job. There job is laid out pretty well in the constitution and they should stick to it.

I love the hippy slur btw. I already addressed that in my original post.

Guess what? Last time I checked those hippies in Netherlands aren't in a war that is costing millions per day. Nor are they facing an economic meltdown because of failing currency. Nor do they have the social problems we have in regards to crime, drug use, teenage pregnancy, and people living in poverty. Once you stop being a nationalist whore that thinks, "America is the best and can do no wrong", then maybe we can get somewhere fixing the problems in this country. America is a great place, but has shortcomings that need to be addressed instead of ignored.

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence economic, political, even spiritual is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications."-Dwight Eisenhower
tonysk83 is offline   Reply With Quote