Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-03-2003, 08:50 AM #64
Spikerz

has been a member for 10 years
Spikerz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spikerz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bunker nodding...please...
Every team birddogs from the dead box. Unless the deadbox is the flag station, then it's a bit tough.
Hell in Seattle a team we played against in the semi's, their dead player was jumping up and down screaming...he's right there!! and was pointing at our guy in his bunker. Ref's were like, huh?

Spike
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2003, 03:32 PM #65
Huge_Cocker

Dtends19 - in a previous post lucidus specifally states that he expresses his own views, not the view of the team, or the team captain. From what I heard from another team that played global who saw the game a ball bounced off of a guy on deadcells arm, the ref saw it hit and called him out, didnt see a break so assumed it was a wipe and pulled players. Then could not point out the player who did it after the game when everyones elbows were clean. the paint for that day was white and blue break. Deadcell was wearing red jerseys. You would've seen some kind of stain on it. This is all what i heard. if you saw something diffrent please tell me your version of the story.

Also, since he stated that he expresses only his own views, please respect that. I dont want a bad name or reputation for my team and therefore do not promote comming on here and badmouth anyone or anything. That is why i had him make sure he put that at the end of his post. I am a ref myself and understand how it is. Some calls are questionable, and people make mistakes. it happens, but you have to get over it.

leave/view feedback here
Old 12-03-2003, 05:50 PM #66
afrin_od

hey my team didnt go to the last even because we werent allowed, but bashing the refs in a public forum is one of the most disrespectful things to do. Not to mention it makes you look like a noobie. Everywhere you go bad calls are made, when a ref is checking you and touching you your supposed to keep playing and let them check you. You are losing all your own and your team's credibility by posting on how the reffing was, unless it was supurb we dont want to hear about it. Every tourny has bad reffing, when you go to a tourny where there are refs calling everything, there is on the field, let me know.

blue-black alias
2k2 polished gray fade timmy
Dust white worr blade orracle (f/s, f/t)
Old 12-03-2003, 10:18 PM #67
Lucidus
T-rex Rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by Dtends19
DeadCell Wiped on field one, and a three for one was assessed. Period. Lucidus u r def out of line in alot of your previous posts. All I keep reading is Domestic Disturbance Blue under your negative posts. You are not helping your team, but if venting over the computer helps than cool. If you guys seriously have an issue with the reffing than why dont you call someone at Global and get something done about it. Otherwise please stop putting your team's name in the dirt.
Plus u have a mag, and all credibility for u is lost.
How am I "out of line". I told my view on GPL in a message board, along with about 3 pages of people before me that had done the same. I got chewed out by some immature kid who thought he would burn me. I retaliated, and I stood my ground. Point being, I let people know about the bad calls, along with many others, got disrespected by someone, and told him to shut his mouth. I see no problem here, and if you want to comtinue this argument, I would be glad to do it through PM's.

As far as calling GPL or Skirmish, what am I supposed to say? Please ref better? That's not what I'm here to do, I was here to let people know about bad calls. Nothing's going to change, and I'm well aware of that, but I'm letting others know that the reffing was not good.

As far as my credibility, how does what I shoot have anything to do with it? Crawl out from your rock, and see how good mags are now. For someone to make such an ignorant comment as you have done, you have either never shot one, or you have shot one 5 years ago. Lemme give you a little advice, if you would like to badmouth my gun, or any other equiptment I use, please feel free to back up your statements with solid facts. I can guarantee I will have fun showing you how ignorant you are.

I put my little "disclaimer" at the bottom of my post, because I was urged by my captain and teamates NOT to write what I wrote. If anything, leave Domestic Disturbance Blue out of this, and you can start to say that Jon Gannon is putting his name in the dirt. These are my own views, expressed by none other than...me. Not my team.

One more thing, if you feel the need to insult my intelligence, or my views, please, don't be shy to take it up with me outside the internet. I wouldn't have a problem telling any of this to any of the refs/gpl staff/ or your faces. Don't test me, and don't ever insult me.

Have a fantastic day,
Jon Gannon
Old 12-03-2003, 10:28 PM #68
wckeep

Quote:
Originally posted by Dtends19
DeadCell Wiped on field one, and a three for one was assessed. Period. Lucidus u r def out of line in alot of your previous posts. All I keep reading is Domestic Disturbance Blue under your negative posts. You are not helping your team, but if venting over the computer helps than cool. If you guys seriously have an issue with the reffing than why dont you call someone at Global and get something done about it. Otherwise please stop putting your team's name in the dirt.
Plus u have a mag, and all credibility for u is lost.
there was never any proof that deadcell wiped. the ref who made the call could not determine who it was after the game. and the deadcell guys all wear jerseys with their names on them so it would have been even easier to shout the person out. it was a bad call. the refs on field one all were on the outside of the field. how can a good call be made if the ref was not in the action checking the guy.

and please stop making ignorant comments like you shoot a mag. cause i shoot one too and am damn proud of it.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:29 PM #69
TheSkilla

You can never prove any call after the game unless its on video tape
Old 12-03-2003, 11:39 PM #70
wckeep

but if your saying someone wiped, a blue or a white paint on a red jersey, shouldnt there be a stain?
(732)339- 0820
topgunpaintball.com
myspace.com/impactpball
myspace.com/bubbleboyphotography
Old 12-03-2003, 11:44 PM #71
TheSkilla

You cant analyze it that much, when you ref you make the best judgement calls that you can and thats all you can do. To sit and argue every single call a ref makes would be futile..
Old 12-04-2003, 07:51 AM #72
Spikerz

Depending on the paint their wouldn't be a stain. Or hell, it could be an old hit. If ref's are too scared to get into the middle of the game, lie on the ground in the mud getting hammered on...find better refs. I'm not sure if the ref's in GPL get reffing points like other leagues or if they're just a bunch of guys. But in the PanAm if you do a ****ty ref job, you don't get your full ref points. You may get only half or even none.
It's a little incentive to the ref's to be on top of their game.

Spike
Old 12-04-2003, 09:20 AM #73
wckeep

actually the blue filled paint was artic inferno. it was staining everything. you couldnt get all of it off. and the refs were a team from a higher division. im more respectful than to say their team name but they did wear tshirts that had their teams name on it.
(732)339- 0820
topgunpaintball.com
myspace.com/impactpball
Old 12-04-2003, 11:43 AM #74
Spikerz

Ok sounds plausible then. Still though, they should have gotten at least into position on a majority of the angle shots. I don't know any tourney I've ever been to, or seen where the ref's were on the outside of the field looking in.

Spike
Old 12-04-2003, 01:05 PM #75
DTends17

DTends17 is a Supporting Member
OK well here you go.
When you ref a field with a limited number of refs you do what is called ZONED REFFING.
Your refs stand on THE SIDE of the field looking inward at all 5 players right or left sides.
The refs on the other side of the field watch 5 players opposite sides. The idea is to see as much as possible, and this is especially important when there are more players than refs. Ive reffed the GPL for over two years.
Being in the middle of the field is the worst idea. You only see half the action. I only enter play when I am pulling someone or checking at MY disgression.
Ive reffed PSP events, and also the first Xball event in America last year at Orlando.
The call for the three for one was correct as it stood on the field.
We know the players who play in these events and we remember who is is shady and who is not.
For everyone who says the ref didnt know who wiped the hit you are all wrong.
When the game ended people on the side lines were asking many questions and my ref avioded someone say "i dont know"
When in reality of course he knew who wiped the hit, because he was the only ref who saw it and also initiated the three for one.

Refs do not have to check players when you call for a paint check. We can see them already.
Paint was bouncing all weekend, and many players were very angry during games because they thought they shot someone when in reality it bounced.

Im sorry if you didnt believe the reffing was adequate, but I believe my field and myself did a good job. Ive made mistakes refing in the past like everyone else has, but the previous GPL ran smoothly on field 1.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:06 PM #76
DTends17

and dude mags are cheazy
Old 12-04-2003, 01:12 PM #77
Spikerz

I reffed in the Pan Am series for a couple years. We were the only team that had zero complaints against our reffing. Even the bushwackers had no problem with us...and ron gets upset real easy.

I know what you mean by reffing in zones, that's fine. We did the same. but we were ON the field and doing, sure it meant we got shot to hell, but we were 2 feet from bunker moves to see who got who. As a for instance, we'd take 5 guys to ref, I'd ref from the 20-30 back, and did all the flag station, speach duties.
I could see my 2 guys very easily if you stand/lay down/ kneel, in the right spot.
If by rules a 3 for 1 was the right call, then good on your ref for making it. Tough deal to that team and better luck next game.

Man I hope you guys had atleast 5 refs on the field.

Spike
Old 12-04-2003, 01:23 PM #78
DTends17

we 4 for sat three man, and we had 8 for sunday for five man (which was nice)
Old 12-04-2003, 01:27 PM #79
Spikerz

Ahh 8 rocks. We put 11 on the field for the semi's and finals in San Diego, last event of the season. No one complained, or tried anything funny. We even made one of our guys get in a players bunker with him for the whole game lol.

Spike
Old 12-04-2003, 01:29 PM #80
wckeep

Quote:
Originally posted by DTends17

We know the players who play in these events and we remember who is is shady and who is not.
how are you going to say that deadcell wipes? team PBX deadcell is a very stand up team. i know this because my team used to be a pbx team and the creedo for pbx teams is that it would be better to lose every game getting maxed then to be caught cheating.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:30 PM #81
Spikerz

So it's cool as long as you don't get caught
haha j/k

Spike
Old 12-04-2003, 01:33 PM #82
wckeep

lol.

if youve ever met mel you know how he takes cheating. and im sure he appreciates how the gpl refs are accusing one of his better teams of cheating
(732)339- 0820
topgunpaintball.com
myspace.com/impactpball
Old 12-04-2003, 01:36 PM #83
Spikerz

I haven't met many of the pb related folks on this coast, because I only recently moved/ got back into the sport on this side.

I'm sure he's a cool guy since any cheating/bad play reflects badly upon him as a store/field owner? Not sure what pbx is.

Spike
Old 12-04-2003, 01:38 PM #84
wckeep

pbx is a store/field in northern nj. pbx is short for paintballistix
(732)339- 0820
topgunpaintball.com
myspace.com/impactpball