Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 05:12 AM #1
imnotryanQQ
 
 
imnotryanQQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: FLA, 727
Could someone explain HK to me

Could someone please explain to me what exactly HK is and what its members beleive? Ive seen posts about it before explaining the history of HK. But even after reading those they dont seem to paint and accurate description of what HK is now.

From what i can tell 75% of HK members simply use the brand as a fashion statement and nothing more, or maybe they want to feel like they are part of a club i dont know. Ive also noticed that these same people care far more about how they look while playing paintball than they do about getting better or how good they actually are at the game. I dont know if these two go hand in hand but it is just something i have noticed.

I am sure that there are legitimate HK members/players out there who care about the game and not the fashion.

TLDR : wtf is up with hk, sandana's omgomgomgomg, gator glaze sucks, explain hk to me.
imnotryanQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2008, 05:27 AM #2
Sepplainer
eye-blurring swiftness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 916
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2611188
Sepplainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:38 AM #3
TheInvision23
C44
 
TheInvision23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indiana
TheInvision23 plays in the APPA beginner division
Good quote that I've kept.

"HK isn't just a team. It's not just a club. It's a life style. It's all about doin' whatever you can just to ball on Sunday with all the guys. It's about havin' a good time, and being orginal. It's about being part of the family. It's about being a Hostile Kid."

You didn't really ask but i'm assuming you don't know what agg means.

Here's a quote straight off of urbandictionary.

"Agg is derived from the word "aggro" from the skaters and surfers of SoCal meets it's roots at the World Famous SC Village. As the infamous team Hostile Kid's popularity grew, so did the usage of the word agg. It is now a widespread term used by all paintballers at least once.

Agg simply means cool. But in reality it means much more, agg is more than cool. Agg is not just how players dress or stand behind their bunker, it's also an attitude they bring to the field. A perfect example of this is Kenny Rosenberg (former Legacy now HK player) he brings not only fashion sense, but a magnetic attitude onto the field.

Some players dislike HK/Agg because of it's "overusage" or "poser fan following". Regardless, it is a word that will forever represent this era of paintballers."

When you see people rated Agg in the Agg or Not thread skill USUALLY goes hand in hand with the way you look, if you look agg. Two people could buy the same gear and one could look agg and the other couldn't. It isn't all based on looks.

Just went looking for another quote in the Hk threads and came up with one from 2k6. People can say it better than I can.



"hk is supported/glorified/followed/blah blah because of the idea and premise they give. its a group of KIDS that has blown up and gotten as much or even bigger press than some pro teams, a semi "American dream" making it big, and what person dosen't want to be a part of that. hk has set new standards and trends in the sport that you cant deny, go out at the next touny and try to say they haven't influenced the game, not in an "agg sense" but they've given it a style that paintball hadn't had before. people support hk because they don't care about anything, they have no boundaries on or off the field, they don't follow a set path or constrain to anything mainstream, which brings all this love and all this hate.

on the flip side why is there so much hate for hk? why the need to bash or get mad at people for something they support? is it hurting you? does it bother you that they are a part of something huge? are you mad because they have found someone to look up to and aspire to be?

hk is a team without boundaries which, doesn't exclude anyone. they've made it to a status most of us dream to attain and they have done it with people in their face telling them that they couldn't do it and shooting them down right and left, they have survived being picked clean by almost every pro squad in the game and come out stronger then ever. have you looked at most of the pro squads more then likely there is hk support somewhere out there represented on every one of them. hell there are MEMBERS of hk scattered amongst the professional ranks. why? because they understand that it isnt a trend, its a statement, hk is heart, determination, love etc all rolled into two letters.

before you hate read into it and learn more, don't blindly support or hate. understand. hk transcends the trends, the hate, the blah blah blah of everyday paintball and in the end represents the beating heart of the sport.

hk <3 "

Now do you understand? Gives a pretty good idea. haha.
TheInvision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:22 AM #4
Hk-4-Life (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: A2
www.myspace.com/sexyself09

read the about me
Hk-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:22 PM #5
grantiscool
Ars longa, vita brevis
 
grantiscool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NE side of indianapolis
grantiscool plays in the PSP
grantiscool plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInvision23 View Post
.understand.
thats hits the nail on the head.
__________________
Context Defines Meaning
Context Defines Meaning
Context Defines Meaning
grantiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:13 PM #6
aj4455
•O.G.•
 
aj4455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 813, FL.
aj4455 is a Paintball photographer
aj4455 is playing at Living Legends VII
aj4455 is an NCPA player
aj4455 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
sandanas have nothing to do with HK, one of my team members wears one and has no idea what HK is
__________________
PM ME FOR CUSTOM VINYL STICKERS, LONG SLEEVES AND UNDERSHIRTS FOR YOU AND/OR YOUR TEAM!
•AFTER WORLD CUP SALE•CHEAPEST END OF THE SEASON SALES•
aj4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:31 PM #7
Karzac
 
 
Karzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: nanaimo BC
everyone in paintball likes looking good man, its not just us hk supporters/affiliates/members. no one wants to look like a fool when they play, HK is trendy, so yes as you said about 75% are just in it to be apart of something and to be able to wear trendy gear. the other 25% actuelly support it for what it really is. and thats been explained in this thread already.
__________________
"Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted." - Randy Pausch
BC
Karzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:42 PM #8
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016
 
pyromaniacs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ECU
pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karzac View Post
everyone in paintball likes looking good man, its not just us hk supporters/affiliates/members. no one wants to look like a fool when they play, HK is trendy, so yes as you said about 75% are just in it to be apart of something and to be able to wear trendy gear. the other 25% actuelly support it for what it really is. and thats been explained in this thread already.
Pretty much. If anyone says they "don't care" how they look, they are are lying. It's human nature to want to look good. It's part of that whole self esteem thing.

And the idea that HK supporters care more about looks than playing is absurd. So many people come to this conclusion. Generally speaking, HK supporters try just as hard as any other dedicated paintball player to improve his or her game.
__________________
pyromaniacs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:42 PM #9
lifefordye
jive turkey
 
lifefordye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotryanQQ View Post
Ive also noticed that these same people care far more about how they look while playing paintball than they do about getting better or how good they actually are at the game.
your dumb
lifefordye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:58 PM #10
!@#$%
Cody
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
!@#$% is an NCPA player
!@#$% plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifefordye View Post
your dumb
no he's just making an observation, you sir are the dumb one for trying to be all hard.
!@#$% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:15 PM #11
potta86
Dpb- Brog540
 
potta86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: VA
potta86 supports Pev's Paintball
Gator Glaze doesn't suck im sure he's way better than you, even if you don't like him rusty is always there who is a killer.

Hk to me, well the sole reason i joined, is to care more about having fun than gear or your game, even though i care about those also. But you don't like it then don't join
potta86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:49 PM #12
RenegadeLegion4
F8 and be there!-Photomob
 
RenegadeLegion4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chino CA
 has been a member for 10 years
RenegadeLegion4 is a Paintball photographer
RenegadeLegion4 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInvision23 View Post
Good quote that I've kept.

"HK isn't just a team. It's not just a club. It's a life style. It's all about doin' whatever you can just to ball on Sunday with all the guys. It's about havin' a good time, and being orginal. It's about being part of the family. It's about being a Hostile Kid."

You didn't really ask but i'm assuming you don't know what agg means.

Here's a quote straight off of urbandictionary.

"Agg is derived from the word "aggro" from the skaters and surfers of SoCal meets it's roots at the World Famous SC Village. As the infamous team Hostile Kid's popularity grew, so did the usage of the word agg. It is now a widespread term used by all paintballers at least once.

Agg simply means cool. But in reality it means much more, agg is more than cool. Agg is not just how players dress or stand behind their bunker, it's also an attitude they bring to the field. A perfect example of this is Kenny Rosenberg (former Legacy now HK player) he brings not only fashion sense, but a magnetic attitude onto the field.

Some players dislike HK/Agg because of it's "overusage" or "poser fan following". Regardless, it is a word that will forever represent this era of paintballers."

When you see people rated Agg in the Agg or Not thread skill USUALLY goes hand in hand with the way you look, if you look agg. Two people could buy the same gear and one could look agg and the other couldn't. It isn't all based on looks.

Just went looking for another quote in the Hk threads and came up with one from 2k6. People can say it better than I can.



"hk is supported/glorified/followed/blah blah because of the idea and premise they give. its a group of KIDS that has blown up and gotten as much or even bigger press than some pro teams, a semi "American dream" making it big, and what person dosen't want to be a part of that. hk has set new standards and trends in the sport that you cant deny, go out at the next touny and try to say they haven't influenced the game, not in an "agg sense" but they've given it a style that paintball hadn't had before. people support hk because they don't care about anything, they have no boundaries on or off the field, they don't follow a set path or constrain to anything mainstream, which brings all this love and all this hate.

on the flip side why is there so much hate for hk? why the need to bash or get mad at people for something they support? is it hurting you? does it bother you that they are a part of something huge? are you mad because they have found someone to look up to and aspire to be?

hk is a team without boundaries which, doesn't exclude anyone. they've made it to a status most of us dream to attain and they have done it with people in their face telling them that they couldn't do it and shooting them down right and left, they have survived being picked clean by almost every pro squad in the game and come out stronger then ever. have you looked at most of the pro squads more then likely there is hk support somewhere out there represented on every one of them. hell there are MEMBERS of hk scattered amongst the professional ranks. why? because they understand that it isnt a trend, its a statement, hk is heart, determination, love etc all rolled into two letters.

before you hate read into it and learn more, don't blindly support or hate. understand. hk transcends the trends, the hate, the blah blah blah of everyday paintball and in the end represents the beating heart of the sport.

hk <3 "

Now do you understand? Gives a pretty good idea. haha.

Great quotes. All true. Everyone has their own reasons for supporting... some truer than others... but everyone who supports gets to be part of one of the largest groups in paintball. Long live HK.
__________________
RIP MATT D: May You Have Endless Man Soda and Seeds in Heaven
ShootMeRob.com
Propaintball.com
Legion MOB : TIL I DIE Feedback
RenegadeLegion4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:15 PM #13
Arsenic17
 
 
Arsenic17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Huntington Beach
Arsenic17 is a Supporting Member
I get what the kid is observing, and its slightly true. I've seen many kids who would suck off hk is it was in human form. They try looking like them and following the trends rather then focus on the skills. The hk players have the skills and developed styles due to them, some kids try to develope the styles before the skill, thats what screws them up.
- just my 2 cents.
Arsenic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:35 PM #14
TheInvision23
C44
 
TheInvision23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indiana
TheInvision23 plays in the APPA beginner division
And it's those kids your talking about that give HK a bad rep, I guess that is if they are giving HK a bad name.

But if they are just trying to look good and not worry about getting better then that isn't what HK is about.
TheInvision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 PM #15
paintballerguy13
Takin' care of bidness.
 
paintballerguy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hattiesburg
paintballerguy13 is a Supporting Member
paintballerguy13 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballerguy13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballerguy13 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I didn't read anything you said, but there are numerous ways to treat HK and this forum.

Me personally, I don't have a single piece of HK jawnt, be it stickers or gear, but I still think that this is a cool place to come post. I see this forum as a real place to talk about the going ons of paintball, because the Paintball Talk forum blows.

Sure, you're going to run across a primadonna once or twice, but outside of that, everyone who posts is very cool and easy going.
__________________
Feedback Dark Army
Southern Miss Golden Eagles

paintballerguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:39 AM #16
jdev
not for hire
 
jdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Boston, MA
jdev is a Moderator
jdev is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jdev is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInvision23 View Post
Good quote that I've kept.

"HK isn't just a team. It's not just a club. It's a life style. It's all about doin' whatever you can just to ball on Sunday with all the guys. It's about havin' a good time, and being orginal. It's about being part of the family. It's about being a Hostile Kid."

You didn't really ask but i'm assuming you don't know what agg means.

Here's a quote straight off of urbandictionary.

"Agg is derived from the word "aggro" from the skaters and surfers of SoCal meets it's roots at the World Famous SC Village. As the infamous team Hostile Kid's popularity grew, so did the usage of the word agg. It is now a widespread term used by all paintballers at least once.

Agg simply means cool. But in reality it means much more, agg is more than cool. Agg is not just how players dress or stand behind their bunker, it's also an attitude they bring to the field. A perfect example of this is Kenny Rosenberg (former Legacy now HK player) he brings not only fashion sense, but a magnetic attitude onto the field.

Some players dislike HK/Agg because of it's "overusage" or "poser fan following". Regardless, it is a word that will forever represent this era of paintballers."

When you see people rated Agg in the Agg or Not thread skill USUALLY goes hand in hand with the way you look, if you look agg. Two people could buy the same gear and one could look agg and the other couldn't. It isn't all based on looks.

Just went looking for another quote in the Hk threads and came up with one from 2k6. People can say it better than I can.


"hk is supported/glorified/followed/blah blah because of the idea and premise they give. its a group of KIDS that has blown up and gotten as much or even bigger press than some pro teams, a semi "American dream" making it big, and what person dosen't want to be a part of that. hk has set new standards and trends in the sport that you cant deny, go out at the next touny and try to say they haven't influenced the game, not in an "agg sense" but they've given it a style that paintball hadn't had before. people support hk because they don't care about anything, they have no boundaries on or off the field, they don't follow a set path or constrain to anything mainstream, which brings all this love and all this hate.

on the flip side why is there so much hate for hk? why the need to bash or get mad at people for something they support? is it hurting you? does it bother you that they are a part of something huge? are you mad because they have found someone to look up to and aspire to be?

hk is a team without boundaries which, doesn't exclude anyone. they've made it to a status most of us dream to attain and they have done it with people in their face telling them that they couldn't do it and shooting them down right and left, they have survived being picked clean by almost every pro squad in the game and come out stronger then ever. have you looked at most of the pro squads more then likely there is hk support somewhere out there represented on every one of them. hell there are MEMBERS of hk scattered amongst the professional ranks. why? because they understand that it isnt a trend, its a statement, hk is heart, determination, love etc all rolled into two letters.

before you hate read into it and learn more, don't blindly support or hate. understand. hk transcends the trends, the hate, the blah blah blah of everyday paintball and in the end represents the beating heart of the sport.

hk <3 "

Now do you understand? Gives a pretty good idea. haha.
hit the nail right on the head there. Also, adding my own two cents derived from this thread:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=42689592

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdev View Post
Truth.

I like the idea of HK, even though I don't know any of the guys outside of PbN (or on PbN for that matter). I think one of the biggest negative connotations on HK is the kids who come in here and post things like SuperDuperhk and just drivel along those lines. I believe HK stands for upstanding ballers and people with their heart all in the game. Thats something I can definitely stand by and support, but some people just come in here and ruin it for everyone else.

Its unfortunate, because not a lot of people get to see what a true HK supporter is like because anything meaningful posted by them gets covered up by drivel. I always enjoy interacting with other players who are all about the game and less about the politics and drama involved in the game. I will be absolutely honest, as an older player of the game (26) its a turn-off to come in here and see something like HK that has just grown outrageously, to be reduced to kids screaming "agg this, agg that, you suck because you aren't agg" etc.

Just my two cents.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lifefordye View Post
your dumb
says the user who does not know the difference between your (possession) and you're (contraction of you are).

jdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:21 PM #17
2jordan3
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
i'm from alabama and even i like the style/attitude of HK, i really wouldnt call myself a supporter of HK because im not a kid. If you are a HK member dont even worry about people like this just let them hate. just keep true to yourself stay fresh and stay ballin.
__________________
The GunKing$
Xbox Live- IDI JORDAN IXI
2004 PBnation account- Mamaz Boy
2jordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:42 PM #18
aj4455
•O.G.•
 
aj4455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 813, FL.
aj4455 is a Paintball photographer
aj4455 is playing at Living Legends VII
aj4455 is an NCPA player
aj4455 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
also if you think about it, lets say you are trying to get some poon? you look good, your confidence is high, and its the same in paintball, if you are comfortable with what you look like and how it feels, you play better
__________________
PM ME FOR CUSTOM VINYL STICKERS, LONG SLEEVES AND UNDERSHIRTS FOR YOU AND/OR YOUR TEAM!
•AFTER WORLD CUP SALE•CHEAPEST END OF THE SEASON SALES•
aj4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:31 PM #19
Bonestock98 III
I'm gonna make love to ya
 
Bonestock98 III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *513*
Bonestock98 III helped look for balloons
Everyone pretty much got it. I live in OH and you run into a lot of haters ut you just gotta let em hate and show them that your not about stickers, or sandanas, or whatever. That you really know how to ball.
__________________
Black and Clear DM7 F/T want Egos
| Cabin Creek Paintball | DXS | Procaps |
Old Love|New Love +10/0/-0
OHIO 'ballers club member #21
"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: Two outcomes; jail or gay. Both options end with a dick in his ***.
"
Bonestock98 III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:53 AM #20
dswallis26
WC
 
dswallis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: so cal.
dswallis26 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hhh
dswallis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:08 AM #21
theCOMEBACK
STFU PLZ
 
theCOMEBACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Francisco
theCOMEBACK is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Its a way for washed up ballers with nothing else to fall back on to keep making money off of and sleeping with 17 year olds.








































































































































__________________
STOP POSTING
theCOMEBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump