Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2008, 03:46 PM #85
timmyt (Banned)
relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
lol
What's funny is i'm a 25 year old citizen and I've done more for the men and women over there than you timmyt through system testing hellfire missiles

but honestly this is pointless
You mean sweeping generalizations are pointless???

OMG YOU'RE FINALLY GETTING IT!!! THERE IS HOPE YET!
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:17 PM #86
Bunkered89
Frattin' like it's my job

Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I really think Murph is a little pansy also. Captain America comes in here saying some people are "Anti-American" (rofl) yet even though he claims to bleed red, white, and blue, he can't muster up the courage to enlist for a cause he strongly believes in. Faux-Patriotism at it's best.

2006 Evo IX MR
369 whp 378 wtq @ 27 psi.

ΒΘΠ
Bunkered89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:24 PM #87
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
Wow this rapidly devolved into a series of unwarranted personal attacks.
It is very unfair to call out Canadians as being cowards. I have worked with quite a few Canadian defense forces soldiers who have been in a lot of danger helping our mission in Afghanistan, and they are incredible brave men. Not to mention Canada was a stalwart ally of ours in both world wars, way before we even entered them.

I hate people with that BS armchair patriotism. If you really believe in this fight, pick up a rifle and stand on the front lines. It is even harder for me to think about what a mistake this war has been, given that I have to live with having shed men's blood for your "cause". How many good men have to die before the average American voter can be appeased... If you really want to fight over there, give me a call I'm sure I can make it happen for you. If having WMDs and being stubborn is a justification for attacking a country, then by that logic the terrorists are justified to attack us.

Last edited by berserker19 : 03-27-2008 at 04:26 PM.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:37 PM #88
Bunkered89
Frattin' like it's my job

Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
It is very unfair to call out Canadians as being cowards. I have worked with quite a few Canadian defense forces soldiers who have been in a lot of danger helping our mission in Afghanistan, and they are incredible brave men. Not to mention Canada was a stalwart ally of ours in both world wars, way before we even entered them.

I hate people with that BS armchair patriotism. If you really believe in this fight, pick up a rifle and stand on the front lines. It is even harder for me to think about what a mistake this war has been, given that I have to live with having shed men's blood for your "cause". How many good men have to die before the average American voter can be appeased... If you really want to fight over there, give me a call I'm sure I can make it happen for you. If having WMDs and being stubborn is a justification for attacking a country, then by that logic the terrorists are justified to attack us.
Ouch. That will hurt all of the Captain Americas in this thread. Don't you know that The USA can never be wrong? And if someone claims the USA is wrong, it automatically classifies them as anti-American? These are the fundamentals of American Patriotism as set forth by society.

2006 Evo IX MR
369 whp 378 wtq @ 27 psi.

ΒΘΠ
Bunkered89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:48 PM #89
kowz76
I'm on a boat

kowz76 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
Ouch. That will hurt all of the Captain Americas in this thread. Don't you know that The USA can never be wrong? And if someone claims the USA is wrong, it automatically classifies them as anti-American? These are the fundamentals of American Patriotism as set forth by society.
Probably one of the best things I've ever read in ST: P.

New England Blizzard Proudly sponsored by
Bob Long
Kohn Sports
kowz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:49 PM #90
timmyt (Banned)
relentless

Quote:

Actually, this would be the best post ever.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:50 PM #91
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
No actually this would be the best post ever

No actually this would be the best post ever

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:57 PM #92
berserker19

I heard somewhere that the state of nebraska has more nuclear weapons than the rest of the world combined... I don't know how true that is but dear god
Old 03-27-2008, 06:39 PM #93
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
I really think Murph is a little pansy also. Captain America comes in here saying some people are "Anti-American" (rofl) yet even though he claims to bleed red, white, and blue, he can't muster up the courage to enlist for a cause he strongly believes in. Faux-Patriotism at it's best.
so i bet you think america is an imperialistic nation? (far from it if you read a history book)
why hate on america for getting an evil dictator out of office and then helping the country get back on it's feet?
you do realize that you are siding with what is wrong...right?

I’m not in the fight you’re right but that doesn’t mean I can’t support the country I live in.
To use another sports analogy, stop being such a fair weather fan. If you really think all this will go away if Hillary or Obama get in office you’ll be rudely mistaken.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:49 PM #94
berserker19

So viciously subjugating a people is "helping them get back on their feet"? That sounds about as effective as the "winning of hearts and minds" strategy in Vietnam.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:59 PM #95
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
so i bet you think america is an imperialistic nation? (far from it if you read a history book)
America is the Imperialistic nation of the 20th and 21st century, evidently you miss are the one who has not read a history book.

America has been an expansionist nation since it's inception, exemplified by President James K. Polk and his platform of Manifest Destiny "Fifty-Four Forty or Fight!". But the US certainly did not stop once it had reached from sea to shining to sea. America had it's eye set on regional hegemony and beyond.

The first real instance of America's post-continental expansion was....

I was gonna finish typing this, but I realized that I could give you the most detailed history of US imperial expansion and you would just find someway to pretend like it didn't happen, but from the conquering of the Pacific Islands, to the installation of cruel dictators in South America, all the way to the United States involvement in the Middle East and the rest of the Pacific Theatre, the US has been an imperialistic nation through and through. That's the nature of international politics that hasn't changed for over 200 years, because people like you pretend it isn't happening or cheer it on as they grope and grab for every last bit of power they can fit into their sweaty little palms.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:09 PM #96
Murph1329

Quote:
So viciously subjugating a people is "helping them get back on their feet"? That sounds about as effective as the "winning of hearts and minds" strategy in Vietnam.
"viciously subjugating"
damn kinda harsh don't you think

This is probably my final post for the evening then I need to find out how to get this damn Myth regulator on the bottom of my Nerve, FU SP for making a crapy asa.

There comes a point, and I don't think we've hit it yet, to stop trying. Fact is a majority supported this war when it started, disagree all you want but it's true. This “point” isn't until you know, FOR A FACT, that the people aren't willing to help themselves. When that time comes I'm up for pulling all our forces out of Iraq, although this won't happen because the UN will want us to guard their resources.
Until then I'll support the US just like I supported the Jets in '96
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:18 PM #97
berserker19

Quote:
"viciously subjugating"
damn kinda harsh don't you think
Not at all. The only way our military is able to control the insurgency is through brute force, which also falls on the civilian population. Unwarranted door to door searches at 3 AM, Iraqi units torturing innocent civilians (yes I have seen it), convoys shooting at civilians after IED explosions... it is incredibly messy. My largest problem is that we are violating the fundamental tenants of our constitution, such as the rights to free assembly and speech, the right to not have your home searched, the right to bear arms, and the right to not have soldiers quartered in your home, among others. I think we should follow our own example before we can expect anyone else to.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 PM #98
rkwhoooooo
Male Model

War is evil bro.

ΣX
rkwhoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:25 AM #99
paintball_troy

paintball_troy is for the Gunfight
The way I see it is, If we pulled out troops. the middle eastern hell would all break loose.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:53 AM #100
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_troy View Post
The way I see it is, If we pulled out troops. the middle eastern hell would all break loose.
At this stage in time I agree.

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:33 AM #101
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

****, nobody forces anyone to join the military against their will. I support the Iraq War but I've never been in the military, I like the Packers but I don't ****ing claim to be Brett Favre. If you sign up, you do it voluntarily, if you get shipped off, that's just a consequence.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:43 AM #102
berserker19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
****, nobody forces anyone to join the military against their will. I support the Iraq War but I've never been in the military, I like the Packers but I don't ****ing claim to be Brett Favre. If you sign up, you do it voluntarily, if you get shipped off, that's just a consequence.
Is this supposed to be directed at me? I haven't ever complained about being delpoyed, and have no regrets about doing so. I am only questioning the reasoning and methods that we are employing. I think since I have personally defended the right of patriotic dissent then I have even more of a right to exercise it. I signed up for the Army because I wanted to represent the very pinnacle of American values, not so I could sit by and be silent while civilians are tortured. If Brett Favre ran into the crowd and started decapitating people with a sword, I'll bet you wouldn't be a fan anymore.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:57 AM #103
timmyt (Banned)
relentless

Quote:
If Brett Favre ran into the crowd and started decapitating people with a sword, I'll bet you wouldn't be a fan anymore.
It's all a game to the couch warriors.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:50 AM #104
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyt View Post
It's all a game to the couch warriors.
You're one of em.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:44 PM #105
timmyt (Banned)
relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
You're one of em.
Not really. I'll fight for what I believe in. Iraq is not my fight. It shouldn't be yours either. Stop playing God.