Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Does the split between Democrats hurt their chances in 2008?
Yes 41 83.67%
No 8 16.33%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2008, 05:17 PM #1
apunkjunkie

Candidate Split Hurting Dems? McCain leads in polls vs. both Dems.

Quote:
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Advertisment

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows John McCain’s lead growing against both potential Democratic opponents. McCain currently leads Barack Obama 49% to 42% and Hillary Clinton 51% to 41% margin (see recent daily results). African-American support for Clinton has collapsed, falling to 55% in the general election match-up. Obama, on the other hand, earns solid support from African-American voters but attracts only 36% of white voters in a match-up with McCain.

Over the past month, McCain has gained ground in Ohio, Michigan, Colorado, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania. Both Democrats continue to lead in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut and California (see summary of recent state general election polling).

On the fifth anniversary of the War in Iraq, the candidates all had something to say on the topic but the politics of the issue have become much more complicated (see Video.) Joe Conason offers a commentary on The Folks Who Brought You Iraq.

In the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination, Obama now leads Clinton 46% to 43%. Before the story broke about his former Pastor, Obama led by eight. (see recent daily results). New polling data released today shows that Clinton leads handily in West Virginia’s Presidential Primary.

A Rasmussen Reports analysis looks at the impact of Pastor Wright and Obama’s speech. Many pundits have already weighed in on the topic: Larry Sabato looks at The Crapshoot of Presidential Politics, Froma Harrop considers Divides Obama Doesn't Bridge, Dick Morris says Pastor Wright: This Too Shall Pass, Susan Estrich offers her thoughts on The Speech, Michelle Malkin Says Goodbye to the Glowbama Mystique, and Robert Novak looked at the Democratic Racial Divide.

See Obama’s Speech. See Rasmussen Reports video, Can Obama Recover from the Pastor Problem? And watch Scott Rasmussen discuss the Pastor Wright issue on WNYW New York.

On Thursday, Barack Obama’s favorable ratings are unchanged for the third straight day—48% favorable, 49% unfavorable. McCain is viewed favorably by 53% of voters nationwide and unfavorably by 43%. For Clinton, those numbers are 43% favorable, 55% unfavorable (see recent daily results).

The Rasmussen Reports Balance of Power Calculator shows Democrats leading in states with 210 Electoral Votes while the GOP has the advantage in states with 189. When “leaners” are added, the Democrats lead 247 to 229. Recent polling shows that, over the past month, New poll results released today show both Democrats leading in Massachusetts (see summary of recent state general election polling).

Daily tracking results are collected via nightly telephone surveys and reported on a four-day rolling average basis. The next Presidential Tracking Poll update is scheduled for Friday at 11:00 a.m. The results are also compiled on a full-week basis and crosstabs for the full-week results are available for Premium Members. See crosstabs for general election match-ups, favorable ratings and Democratic primary.

Rasmussen Markets data now give Obama a 73.3 % chance to win the Democratic nomination while expectations for a Clinton victory are at 26.1 %. Market data also suggests that Obama has a 42.7 % chance to become the next President. Expectations for McCain to become President are at 39.8 % while Clinton’s prospects are at 18.0 %. Numbers in this paragraph are from a prediction market, not a poll. Using a trading format where traders "buy and sell" candidates, issues, and news features, the Rasmussen Markets harness competitive passions to provide a reliable leading indicator of upcoming events. We invite you to participate in the Rasmussen Markets. It costs nothing to join and add your voice to the collective wisdom of the market.

Each Monday, full week results are released based upon a seven-day rolling average. While the daily tracking result are useful for measuring quick reaction to events in the news, the full week results provide an effective means for evaluating longer-term trends.

Daily tracking results are collected via nightly telephone surveys and reported on a four-day rolling average basis. The general election sample is currently based upon interviews with 1,600 Likely Voters. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_c..._tracking_poll
Basically:

RASMUSSEN POLL: McCain Now Leads By Double Digits:
McCain 51% Clinton 41%
McCain 49% Obama 42%

Is the split between Democratic candidates hurting their chances of winning in 2008? In my opinion it is. Its bringing out all the dirty stuff early so it has time to reach more people.
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2008, 05:21 PM #2
ClintonBaller2
blah

The polls go back and forth from week to week. But yes it is hurting the Dems, Hillary has little chance of coming back even with the thing about Obama's pastor, unless it comes out that Obama ****s kids I really see no way she can win.
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:40 PM #3
Adema3412
Give me fiction

has been a member for 10 years
Clinton is slowing destroying the Democrats chances.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:43 PM #4
ClintonBaller2
blah

Leave it to the soccer mom candidate.
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:09 PM #5
Bobeo
-Life Is Good-

Actually it is better that all of this is coming out now. Beter now than a month before the election.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:18 PM #6
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeo View Post
Actually it is better that all of this is coming out now. Beter now than a month before the election.
Also true, the American public has a short term memory.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 PM #7
Haga652001
Night divides the day

Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
honestly if this is all they have to attack Obama on im not really worried about November. nobody has yet focused on John McCain yet. Im sure something will come to light about him before then.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:03 PM #8
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haga652001 View Post
honestly if this is all they have to attack Obama on im not really worried about November. nobody has yet focused on John McCain yet. Im sure something will come to light about him before then.
Problem is I don't see anybody focusing on McCain before November because it's looking like a brokered on the dem side. McCain might actually get out of having to debate anybody until weeks before the election - crazy.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:04 PM #9
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Oh my God. **** America if it elects McCain.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:14 PM #10
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)

Yes, if it was a REAL Republican running.
No, since the best we got is McCain.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 PM #11
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Ge0rge View Post
Yes, if it was a REAL Republican running.
No, since the best we got is McCain.
You guys are jokes.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:22 PM #12
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
Also true, the American public has a short term memory.
The GOP branded Kerry as a flip-flopper when it appeared that he was going to secure the nomination, I'm glad the country's "short term memory" did not disuade them in November...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haga652001 View Post
Honestly, I think you're downplaying this incident. And the New York Times already tried to ruin McCain, it didn't stick.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:50 PM #13
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
You guys are jokes.
How so?

Hilary is ****ing up the Democratic party's chance and McCain is just showing how big of an idiot he is.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FluffyMumkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:02 PM #14
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins View Post
How so?

Hilary is ****ing up the Democratic party's chance and McCain is just showing how big of an idiot he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3
One of America's brightest young mind's on display there!

If that is your contribution to a political dialogue then one cannot expect a reasonable person to take him seriously, he's simply a joke.

But you take this to another level with this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins
McCain is just showing how big of an idiot he is.
Wow. Stellar insight, thank you for enlightening me.

The level of sensationalist stupidity frequently displayed in this forum is really disheartening.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:23 PM #15
JcKa
post-Hipster

Quote:
You guys are jokes.
Quote:
One of America's brightest young mind's on display there!

If that is your contribution to a political dialogue then one cannot expect a reasonable person to take him seriously, he's simply a joke.

But you take this to another level with this comment:

Wow. Stellar insight, thank you for enlightening me.

The level of sensationalist stupidity frequently displayed in this forum is really disheartening.
How do you feel you can hold others to the standard of "political dialogue" when you make equally slanderous off-the-cuff remarks (directed at other forum members even)?

Hypocrisy is not needed here. If you want to chide people for inappropriate comments fine, however you'll look like a fool if you don't hold yourself to like standards.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:33 PM #16
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
How do you feel you can hold others to the standard of "political dialogue" when you make equally slanderous off-the-cuff remarks (directed at other forum members even)?

Hypocrisy is not needed here. If you want to chide people for inappropriate comments fine, however you'll look like a fool if you don't hold yourself to like standards.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 03-20-2008, 10:34 PM #17
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post

Give me a break.

He posts "**** America if it elects McCain" and when I reprimand him you rush to his defense. If you are fine with ridiculous contributions to otherwise intelligent threads then that's ok. But don't ***** at me if I rightfully ignore someone.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:37 PM #18
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

Quote:
Give me a break.

He posts "**** America if it elects McCain" and when I reprimand him you rush to his defense. If you are fine with ridiculous contributions to otherwise intelligent threads then that's ok. But don't ***** at me if I rightfully ignore someone.
Animal Mother has posted more then enough reasons for his strong dislike for McCain and why he would be a threat to America in other threads. There is no reason for him to have to repeat writing these reasons in every thread just because a strongly biased neo-conservative comes in and disagrees with his opinion.
Paint Freak 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:39 PM #19
JcKa
post-Hipster

Quote:
Give me a break.

Hypocrisy is the one thing I don't tolerate (sounds cheesy I know). If you're going to attempt to slam someone for not participating in proper "political dialogue" then you have to do it yourself. I've said this to other people, and I'll say it to you. I don't care what he posts, if he said **** America, then ignore him or debate him as to why America should not be ****ed. Don't call him a joke, because that's just asinine enough to make your post as dumb as his.

And you didn't ignore him, you called him a joke.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 PM #20
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Give me a break.

When there are 8 other thread going on the same topic, one liners become the norm.

And you kind of act like a partisan douche, so you might want to step down from that pedestal you seem to be standing on.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 03-20-2008, 10:41 PM #21
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
Animal Mother has posted more then enough reasons for his strong dislike for McCain and why he would be a threat to America in other threads. There is no reason for him to have to repeat writing these reasons in every thread just because a strongly biased neo-conservative comes in and disagrees with his opinion.

Yes, because "**** America if it elects John McCain" is a reasonable statement and it should be treated as so in a political debate.

If I said "**** America if it elects Barack Obama" I guarantee you I would get a vastly different reaction.