Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
DC19 is a Supporting Member
DC19 supports DLX Technology
Survivor Series Event Wrap-up: E1 – THE DBS OPEN

Event Wrap-up: E1 – THE DBS OPEN
When: March 22nd, 2008
Where: DBS Outdoor.

Nine beginner paintball teams from all across the Northwest found out what it is like to compete in an organized paintball tournament this weekend. It was a day that many of them had been waiting for, and I bet just like when I played my first event, many probably stayed most of the night in anticipation… double checking their gear, thinking about what else they need to bring with them, and all around just wondering how they would stack up to the competition.

For those of you that don’t know the Survivor Series is a 3-man tournament series that takes place in Snohomish, WA. It is geared towards players that are looking to play in an organized event that not only features many things that national level events have, such as live scoring, a highly experienced staff, or amazing playing fields, but that is geared towards fun. This is way we all play, and our commitment at each and every event is to ensure that everyone has a good time.

The morning started off a little chilly at about 35 degrees when I arrived to the field at 6:00 AM. Luckily, as the day went on, things warmed up and we ended up with a beautiful day. On behalf of the event staff, I would like to say thank you to Nelson paintball. The paintballs for the event was fabulous; although towards the end of the day teams that stored their paintballs in direct sunlight found that it became slightly bouncy. I advise all players to store their paintballs somewhere cool, and out of direct sunlight. As paintballs are heated up the ball becomes softer, making it more likely to bounce. This is also an effective trick if your paintballs are too brittle! Slightly heat brittle paintballs and you find that it makes it through your gun much better.

This event was host to one division, a beginner division. The division had nine teams that can be found here (http://www.paintball-players.org/cgi-bin/showteams.cgi) on the team list. We did have two teams that moved up from the Young Guns divisions: Outbreak & Guns4Hire. All teams in the division came out to compete and ready to play, and we would like everyone to know that we appreciate it, as it is crucial to a smooth event.

At this event we did many things to assist the players and keep the event going smoothly. In the morning we opened up a bag of each type of paintballs for sale, and allowed players to size up the paintballs to their barrels, test the paintballs to see how brittle it was, and generally make a better decision on which paintballs to buy! At the entrance to the field we put up a netted 10 x 10 pop up and had players for the next game chronograph their markers and had their markers checked for bounce. This made it so there was virtually zero down time on the field. Also, starting this event, we utilized the APPA’s live scoring system. Because of this all scores have been recorded and can be double checked by all players.

The scores for the event can be found:
Prelims (http://www.paintball-players.org/sco..._0_Scores.html)
Finals (http://www.paintball-players.org/sco..._1_Scores.html)

Prelims consisted of a single round robin, where each team would play eight games. Games started at 9:00 AM sharp. The first game of the day set the pace for the games to follow. The top four teams from prelims would move on to play in finals. The top four teams were Outbreak, Team ForestFire, Two Tone Army, and Sudden Death. These top four teams would play another single round robin to determine their place in the tournament.

Before I reviel the winners, I would like to take a minute to thank all of our sponsors. With out them none of this would be possible. Doodlebug Sportz, Nelson Paintball, Smart Parts, NXe, and Bloodworks. They truly are the best in the business and I highly encourage and request that you check them out. Links to their websites can be found on the right hand side of page.

In the end Outbreak took home the gold with 22 points, Team ForestFire in second with 17 points, Two Tone Army in third, and Sudden Death in fourth. Congratulations to all the teams that played in the event and I look forward to seeing everyone on May 24th!

Danny Cort
Event Promoter
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2008, 12:59 PM #2
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
SSNW Comments

This series is designed to introduce new and younger players into the tournament world of paintball. We here at the Survivor Series NW are doing our best to provide our players with and affordable, competitive, and most of all FUN day of paintball!

What we are asking of you, the players, is that you take a little time and think of all the things you don’t like about this or other paintball tournaments you may have attended. Weather it be the wait between games, the playing environment, or whatever, please list it here or email me at danny@doodlebugsportz.com. This will help me and my staff provide you with more of you would like to see at our events. Thank you for your time,

Danny Cort
DoodleBug Sportz
Old 03-24-2008, 01:20 PM #3
things2auction
Your AD here - $5

has been a member for 10 years
things2auction plays in the PSP
things2auction plays in the APPA D5 division
Nice recap

I wish I could have made it to watch this one. Sounds like it went great!
things2auction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:04 PM #4
moyer#600
~notorious~

hey thanks again danny! an great job on the recap!
moyer#600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:32 PM #5
tthacker
A New Chapter Begins

tthacker plays in the APPA D4 division
Things I thought were positive touches:
1)Yay for the 9:00AM start time for the first game!
2)It was also excellent to see the covered staging areas which seem to be more than plenty (at least for the number of teams out there).
3)Good job having a ref chrono and check for ramp and bounce for the on deck teams! That is a very nice touch.
4)Reffs also did a great job and didn't get too excited, but just did their job - easy to say, but not easy to do.
5)Field was pretty good - thought it was pretty level, no rocks, not beat up, grass that was far better than the old turf. not golf course quality but seemed way better than last year's NWOpen when the grass field was so overgrown, lopsided and hazardous.

potential stuff to think about improving.
1) I was glad to see many parents out rooting kids on, even grandmothers. Unfortunately, there wasn't a place for these folks to sit. I don't mind, I'm not that old...but I did notice several folks that got tired.
2) I seem to think that specators could only view the field from just one side which might have been a short side (at the near starting station).
3) Seemed like there was a shared deadbox and players didn't necessarily go there. Looked like an opportunity for player interference to me.

just my opinions. Hope players really offer up good ideas and observations. Danny is always striving to make these events better!!
tthacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:35 AM #6
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthacker View Post
Things I thought were positive touches:
1)Yay for the 9:00AM start time for the first game!
2)It was also excellent to see the covered staging areas which seem to be more than plenty (at least for the number of teams out there).
3)Good job having a ref chrono and check for ramp and bounce for the on deck teams! That is a very nice touch.
4)Reffs also did a great job and didn't get too excited, but just did their job - easy to say, but not easy to do.
5)Field was pretty good - thought it was pretty level, no rocks, not beat up, grass that was far better than the old turf. not golf course quality but seemed way better than last year's NWOpen when the grass field was so overgrown, lopsided and hazardous.

potential stuff to think about improving.
1) I was glad to see many parents out rooting kids on, even grandmothers. Unfortunately, there wasn't a place for these folks to sit. I don't mind, I'm not that old...but I did notice several folks that got tired.
2) I seem to think that specators could only view the field from just one side which might have been a short side (at the near starting station).
3) Seemed like there was a shared deadbox and players didn't necessarily go there. Looked like an opportunity for player interference to me.

just my opinions. Hope players really offer up good ideas and observations. Danny is always striving to make these events better!!
Unfortunately they will specatators will only be able to watch from the parking lot side, although I am looking into getting a small set of bleachers.

And for the next event Dead boxes are going to be built.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:46 PM #7
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
Here are some more pictures that the ForestFire guys took:
HERE
Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 PM #8
sammysalvatore

sammysalvatore plays in the PSP
sammysalvatore donated to help Peyton Trent
sammysalvatore plays in the APPA D2 division
sammysalvatore supports DLX Technology
i will finishing posting pictures tonight!
sammysalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:43 PM #9
sumocat 419
Free beer?

Um as for the top guns can any div play?
sumocat 419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 PM #10
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Top Gun 1v1 with CASH payout!
And the kicker... look for a top guns one on one tournament to take place during the lunch break! More information on this to be released soon...
I will be releasing the information in the next couple weeks. I want to ensure that everything is the way I want it prior to release.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:02 AM #11
sammysalvatore

sammysalvatore plays in the PSP
sammysalvatore donated to help Peyton Trent
sammysalvatore plays in the APPA D2 division
sammysalvatore supports DLX Technology
pics uploaded

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...ivor%20Series/
sammysalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:27 AM #12
moyer#600
~notorious~

hey thanks again to the dbs member out there taking pics they came out great!
moyer#600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:10 AM #13
leeninwit1shot
just like to shoot with 1

leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
danny you spelled reveal wrong

BTA
leeninwit1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:20 AM #14
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeninwit1shot View Post
Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:05 PM #15
Jim-Fallout
rabble...rabble...

Jim-Fallout is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeninwit1shot View Post
uh...you spelled leenin and wit wrong...

rable...rable...rable...
Jim-Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:33 PM #16
doodlebugsportz

rabble, rabble.......rabble

Don-DoodleBug Sportz- NW Paintball At Its Best!
Paintball Innovations- 50 Caliber Solutions www.paintballinnovations.com
The Original NW Luxe Premier Dealer-In it from the beginning! www.doodlebugsportz.com
doodlebugsportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:40 PM #17
Crossfire420
Devils Reject #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebugsportz View Post
rabble, rabble.......rabble
Hahaha

** EYE 4 AN EYE #1 ***
Crossfire420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:45 AM #18
Jim-Fallout