PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-11-2001, 01:11 PM #1
bryguy

has been a member for 10 years
Question turn on/off valves??

ok this might be a true newbie question, but i figure i might as well ask it so i don't waste any money. if i buy a tank and i add the on/off valve. is it built into the tank? can it be removed? i plan on buying a 20oz and like a 9oz tank. do i need to get he on/off option on both of them? if i don't get he on/off on the tanks. can i buy the smart parts on/off valve for 14 bucks and be used on both tanks? i thought the valve was something u kept connected to the marker and then just screwed the tanks to the valve. is this right?
Old 10-11-2001, 03:32 PM #2
isa268

no you'll need two you (or since your a newbie prefeabaly a air smith) unscrew the old pin valve and screw in the new on/off and the on/off stays in the tank and you screw the tank w/ the on/off onto the marker. but if it was me id get anti-siphion before i got an on/off you really dont need an on/off just unscrew the bottel after every days use.

matt
Old 10-11-2001, 06:01 PM #3
bryguy

thanks! i might get the on/off valve option just on my big tank that i will be using the most. at copaintball its only a 10 dollar option. what exactly does the anti siphon do?
Old 10-11-2001, 07:23 PM #4
isa268

an anti syphion is used in a co2 tank. a co2 tank holds liquid co2, your gun uses co2 in the gas form. if you tip the tank or shoot real fast and let liquid flow over the tank valve you might freaze the guns internals up and won.t be able to shoot till you warm it up (say by rubbing it with your hand)

with an anti-syphion in the tank (its a bent tube, its bent so that when you have that tank (oh and it has to be matched to the gun and can not be used on another marker cause then the tube might not line up and it might be in the liquid co2 and defeat the whole reason for haveing it) the tube is out of the liquid co2 and only getting co2 gas.

its just better

matt