Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 PM #85
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure
 
Deceptiwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: TITSMANIA
I am an angry white man and proud of it.
I guess I will be labled a racist now that I infered I am proud to be white...
__________________
NW WOLVERINES!
To the Dedicated- "The squat rack is our church. The Deadlift platform our temple"
Don't Tread On Me.
God Bless The Man That Gets In My Way...
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Deceptiwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2008, 09:12 PM #86
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF
 
shaka zulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptiwave View Post
I am an angry white man and proud of it.
I guess I will be labled a racist now that I infered I am proud to be white...
I should hope not. You haven't provided enough of a statement for anyone to make such a claim. I just don't understand how you can be proud of something such as your skin color? I'm not "proud to be black." I am however proud of my culture's contributions to history, dating back to the first surgeries in Egypt.

You know, sharing is caring.......what are you really proud of? I'm sure it isn't as superficial as just your skin tone which is nothing more than a function of genetics/the family you were born into.
__________________
I shoot fools....then write about it!
Snatch up some of thee hawt DeadBox tees hurr. Translation: "You may purchase, by way of electronic transfer of funds, a Deadbox T-Shirt at this IP Address."
Deadbox FB Fanpage
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 PM #87
Cass
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Colorado
 has been a member for 10 years
Being proud of who you are as a person and achievements you have had is better in my book.
__________________
Old Feedback
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:20 PM #88
Shark32 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
thats pretty much who I am, yet I dont consider myself to be angry....
Shark32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:20 PM #89
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF
 
shaka zulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
Being proud of who you are as a person and achievements you have had is better in my book.
Much better. But, I was addressing his comment directly. Most people who say, "I'm proud of being xxxx" are generally saying something about their heritage, etc.
__________________
I shoot fools....then write about it!
Snatch up some of thee hawt DeadBox tees hurr. Translation: "You may purchase, by way of electronic transfer of funds, a Deadbox T-Shirt at this IP Address."
Deadbox FB Fanpage
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:34 PM #90
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
 
Furious Ge0rge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: flag@whitehouse.gov
Being 'proud' of something you had no control over inclines me to make the assumption that a person feels a sense of superiority, not just pride. Almost like determinists.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:37 PM #91
Ionhotshot
 
 
Ionhotshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Neo-USSR
Ha, I agree with 95% of what was said in that essay.
Feels good to finally read something on the Internet that isn't completely incorrect or offensive.
__________________
"The society that separates its warriors from its scholars will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools."
- Thucydides



My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hot+feed back
Ionhotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 AM #92
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit
 
corporationpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Burlington, VT
Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionhotshot View Post
Ha, I agree with 95% of what was said in that essay.
Feels good to finally read something on the Internet that isn't completely incorrect or offensive.
So you say...

and so I disagree.

That essay is a farce and a disgrace to literature the world over.
__________________

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 AM #93
apunkjunkie
 
 
apunkjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
So you say...

and so I disagree.

That essay is a farce and a disgrace to literature the world over.
Why? Because you disagree with it?
__________________
BUY MY FSP VIKING CHEAP
apunkjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:31 AM #94
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
That essay is a farce and a disgrace to literature the world over.
On what grounds?

The fact that it's not 100% correct? Doesn't mean it's not well written, and certainly doesn't mean it's a "disgrace to literature the world over". Why would you make such an extreme and unprovable statement?
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 AM #95
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.
 
scumquat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the Hole
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Ge0rge View Post
Being 'proud' of something you had no control over inclines me to make the assumption that a person feels a sense of superiority, not just pride. Almost like determinists.
Agreed. I have a hard time understanding people (white or black) who are "proud" of their skin color. How about being proud of your achievements?
__________________
A is A. It is what it is.

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
scumquat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:47 PM #96
travis2k2rf
 
 
travis2k2rf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NC/VA/??
travis2k2rf is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka zulu View Post
I should hope not. You haven't provided enough of a statement for anyone to make such a claim. I just don't understand how you can be proud of something such as your skin color? I'm not "proud to be black." I am however proud of my culture's contributions to history, dating back to the first surgeries in Egypt.

You know, sharing is caring.......what are you really proud of? I'm sure it isn't as superficial as just your skin tone which is nothing more than a function of genetics/the family you were born into.
I think that he was referring more to the qualities that an "angry white man" embodies (according to the article) rather than simply being white.

I completely agree with you though. Skin color just happens to be a part of it, but not really a particular thing you should be proud of.
__________________
FEEDBACK:
OLD
NEW

travis2k2rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:42 PM #97
Ionhotshot
 
 
Ionhotshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Neo-USSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
That essay is a farce and a disgrace to literature the world over.
"No no no, not God bless America; God damn America."

Is that better?
__________________
"The society that separates its warriors from its scholars will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools."
- Thucydides



My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hot+feed back
Ionhotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:09 PM #98
nyle
THIS IS MAJOR TOM
 
nyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Really well written and thoughtful article.

Now if only people weren't so close minded and could understand this way of thinking...

...it's in no way demeaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
Some helpful tips to becoming an "Angry White Man":
  • Maintain prejudices against people of a certain minority who you know nothing about. I don't remember him saying anything about this
  • Believe that there are people who just "need killing." He's referring to people that commit murder, massacres, etc.
  • Can't be gay, so you can definitely do construction, work on an automobile, play golf, hunt, and coache three sports at once. Oh, you also have to be able to mine coal yourself (we're working on changing that one). Wow, you wouldn't recognize rhetoric if it slapped you in the face. He's referring to the white male being practically anyone in your community
  • Is a southern gentleman. Why southern? I didn't know the south were the only people that obeyed etiquette standards set by our fathers and mothers.
  • Must be a Republican and consider your wife to be "emotional."you must not have read the whole article... it's bipartisan.
  • Must be intolerant with slight to vulgar racist tendencies. where do you base this information from?
  • Must be really angry that people of other cultures work with you and must stereotypically believe that none of them pay taxes, work as hard as you do, etc. Wow... the anger is a representation of the wellbeing of this country, and its misdirection. It's not because other races are taking his oppurtunities.
    I think the author addressed this at the end of the article with the cultural melting pot that may lie within the Angry White Man's bloodstream. The Angry White Man is supposed to be a metaphor for the middle class American male. If you opened your mind a bit, you would understand this.
  • Finally, you've really got to hate 'ol Hillary. Yes, I hate socialism.

Take your first step towards becoming an Angry White Man today - join the NRA. There's nothing wrong with the NRA. They are one of the largest supporters of the Second Amendment... what's wrong with that?
I seriously laughed when I read your post.
I believe my rebuttal is in red...
__________________
And I'm floating in the most peculiar way.
B7 Audi A4 2.0T

Aerospace Engineering -- The University of Texas - Austin

Last edited by nyle : 03-27-2008 at 08:07 PM.
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:44 PM #99
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit
 
corporationpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Burlington, VT
Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
On what grounds?

The fact that it's not 100% correct? Doesn't mean it's not well written, and certainly doesn't mean it's a "disgrace to literature the world over". Why would you make such an extreme and unprovable statement?
Perhaps because I don't like it one bit. All that things like that is brew anger and hate twords minoritie groups. Myself being a member of one of the four most hated minorities in the US (others include: African Americans, Mexican Americans, and Middle Easteners). I have to deal with crap like this day in and day out, and honestly I can't stand it. The 'White Man' has the highest chance of success in the US, so if they wish to complain then they should join a country club.

Prove to me that the 'White Man' has any reason to be mad, everyone else has a reason BUT him! When does the 'White Man' have to deal with prejudice? Have you ever been kicked out a convenience store because you were wearing a Yamika and with a friend from Isreal that the owner claims he thought was a 'terrorist' because he has a funny accent and a deep tan?

I think not!
__________________

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite

Last edited by corporationpaintball : 03-27-2008 at 07:49 PM.
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:48 PM #100
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit
 
corporationpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Burlington, VT
Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionhotshot View Post
"No no no, not God bless America; God damn America."

Is that better?
Yea, because I said that...

The whole point of being an American is saying what you think and disagreeing with the system, if you dont then you are unpatriotic... not me.
__________________

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:01 PM #101
nyle
THIS IS MAJOR TOM
 
nyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
The whole point of being an American is saying what you think and disagreeing with the system, if you dont then you are unpatriotic... not me.
Is that really what you consider the whole point of being American?

I really don't see how that essay is a disgrace to literature. It's very very well written, and is a type of rant that comprises many many essays.

I think you're a disgrace to American Politics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyle
Wow... the anger is a representation of the wellbeing of this country, and its misdirection. It's not because other races are taking his oppurtunities.
I think the author addressed this at the end of the article with the cultural melting pot that may lie within the Angry White Man's bloodstream. The Angry White Man is supposed to be a metaphor for the middle class American male. If you opened your mind a bit, you would understand this.
Yes, the entirety of that quote is directed towards you as well.
__________________
And I'm floating in the most peculiar way.
B7 Audi A4 2.0T

Aerospace Engineering -- The University of Texas - Austin

Last edited by nyle : 03-27-2008 at 08:07 PM.
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:06 PM #102
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit
 
corporationpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Burlington, VT
Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyle View Post
Is that really what you consider the whole point of being American?
That and a couple other small things called the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

And if you would notice the only people who agree with this fit the sterotype of an 'AWM' to the tee, conservative christians.

EDIT: If it is a metaphor of the 'average middle class American' then why is it a White Male? Not everyone in the US is White let alone Male.
__________________

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite

Last edited by corporationpaintball : 03-27-2008 at 08:09 PM.
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:12 PM #103
nyle
THIS IS MAJOR TOM
 
nyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
That and a couple other small things called the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

And if you would notice the only people who agree with this fit the sterotype of an 'AWM' to the tee, conservative christians.
So with your ideology, if I agree with the way this country is headed, then I am NOT a true American?

So basically, with your ideology, if I support the decisions made by my leaders, then I'm not a true American?

I love the Constitution to the core, and will defend it with my life, but I don't believe you understand the difference between supporting your country and the basis on which that country was established.

I don't have to agree with the system to be a 'true' American, and vice-versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
EDIT: If it is a metaphor of the 'average middle class American' then why is it a White Male? Not everyone in the US is White let alone Male.
First of all, I left out "Average middle class american male" by mistake, I'll fix that now. It was intended to be there when I typed that, just forgot to add it.

You missed the point of his article. He was referring to the average middle class American male. Of course not everyone in the US is like this.... that's why he wrote the article.

Let's face it. Do you not think of a white person if I were to say "middle class" out loud? Of course you do. Whether or not it is currently a true stereotype is irrelevant, it was there for the sake of the argument and if he said it any other way, it wouldn't have the desired Pathos appeal.

The middle class citizens are the most outspoken social class in the United States, this is why he wrote the article.

Perhaps you should go back to your highschool English class and study rhetoric and rhetorical analysis... it's beneficial.
__________________
And I'm floating in the most peculiar way.
B7 Audi A4 2.0T

Aerospace Engineering -- The University of Texas - Austin

Last edited by nyle : 03-27-2008 at 08:20 PM.
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:18 PM #104
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit
 
corporationpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Burlington, VT
Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyle View Post
So with your ideology, if I agree with the way this country is headed, then I am NOT a true American?

So basically, with your ideology, if I support the decisions made by my leaders, then I'm not a true American?

I love the Constitution to the core, and will defend it with my life, but I don't believe you understand the difference between supporting your country and the basis on which that country was established.

I don't have to agree with the system to be a 'true' American, and vice-versa.
Well that's your opinion and nothing I do will change that, so lets get past that, ok?
I support my country in the best way (I think) possible, by finding it's faults and having them corrected. If you think thats wrong then there is nothing that can be done.
We are then at an impasse.
__________________

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:23 PM #105
nyle
THIS IS MAJOR TOM
 
nyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
Well that's your opinion and nothing I do will change that, so lets get past that, ok?
I support my country in the best way (I think) possible, by finding it's faults and having them corrected. If you think thats wrong then there is nothing that can be done.
We are then at an impasse.
You missed my point. I understand what I said was an opinion; that was my intent. I was trying to explain to you that not only are your ideals your opinion, but they are, by no means, correct or incorrect.

Why did I say this? Because you implied that if I didn't agree with those ideals, then I'm not a true American. I disagree, as will most other people on this forum.
__________________
And I'm floating in the most peculiar way.
B7 Audi A4 2.0T

Aerospace Engineering -- The University of Texas - Austin
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump