corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
It also didn't help when they let everyone in their jails go either.
That wouldn't help one bit...

But I can say with 100% certainty, I wasn't the one who did it.

-CP

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2008, 07:24 PM #65
Cass
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon03 View Post
Not everyone stayed for that reason. Some people stayed for the simple fact that they couldn't afford to leave nor did they have any means to leave by or any place to go.
If they really wanted to leave then they would have. Some don't have a car or money, i understand that, however if i knew a hurricane was on its way i'd pack as much **** as i could and start walkin. You say they have no place to go, i believe most churches and community centers out of the path of destruction were more than happy to offer shelter. No, it wouldn't be easy at all but i would prefer doing that than drowning or losing family.

People need to realize that when you rely on the government for welfare and expect them to be superman because you make stupid decisions then you lose freedoms and liberties for the rest of Americans who are self reliant. If something happened in America without warning such as a bombing or anything that no one expected, then i agree the government should lend a hand. However people were warned about Katrina with plenty of time to evacuate.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:42 PM #66
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
If they really wanted to leave then they would have. Some don't have a car or money, i understand that, however if i knew a hurricane was on its way i'd pack as much **** as i could and start walkin. You say they have no place to go, i believe most churches and community centers out of the path of destruction were more than happy to offer shelter. No, it wouldn't be easy at all but i would prefer doing that than drowning or losing family.

People need to realize that when you rely on the government for welfare and expect them to be superman because you make stupid decisions then you lose freedoms and liberties for the rest of Americans who are self reliant. If something happened in America without warning such as a bombing or anything that no one expected, then i agree the government should lend a hand. However people were warned about Katrina with plenty of time to evacuate.
Your right, because everyone has an easy time walking away from everything they own...

I know your just going to reply with some answer that fails of the ability to comprehend human emotions so I really don't care about a response.
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com

Last edited by mynameisjonathon : 03-25-2008 at 07:47 PM.
mynameisjonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:57 PM #67
Cass

Maybe i am being irrational and not taking peoples feelings into context, but things can be replaced whereas life cant. Staying with your stuff isnt going to stop a category 4 hurricane lol.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:06 PM #68
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF

Reread the last post please. And the people I was referring to WEREN'T on welfare.

Quote:
Maybe i am being irrational and not taking peoples feelings into context, but things can be replaced whereas life cant. Staying with your stuff isnt going to stop a category 4 hurricane lol.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka zulu View Post
For the same reason the Gov. of Culifornia......the Gropenator declares a state of emergency during the wildfires in Malibu and other affluent areas of California, where people have been through 2 fires. Where people have lost one house and are rebuilding yet another. Where there are people who know that Cali's wildfires are no joke and wipe out whole neighborhoods and yet stay or even move into those areas. Because they're the government and if they're going to help one socio-economic group they've gotta help them all.........or don't help anyone.
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 PM #69
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
Your right, because everyone has an easy time walking away from everything they own....
Die with your toys, or survive without them.....
Another example of bad decision making.

I have a life time of memories in my house. Photos, gifts, childhood items that can't be replaced. I'll walk away from all of it if I am living below sea level, and there is a hurricane coming. Yea, it would suck, but I'd rather live to make new memories than die with the old ones.

Shaka, I'm sorry, but if you build on the burned out foundation of your house more than once, you're an idiot. The same goes for people that live on flood plains, and rebuild every few years because their houses got flooded. Either pay the private insurance premium, or GTFO of the flood plane. Don't build your house on the side of a volcano, then cry for my tax dollars to rebuild it when it's reduced to cinders by a lava flow.

The government could help in CA by doing a better job of forest management, and controlling the fires before they get as large as they have, but rebuilding a burned out house? That's what private insurance is for, not government aid. In an emergency, yes, the gov should step in and help people in dire need of it, but people also have to help themselves.
If you have three plus days of warning, there is no reason a rescue crew should be risking their lives to pull your *** off of the roof of your house unless you are physically disabled, and can't move yourself. Even then, you should have been in contact with the Gov. long before they had to do an S&R to find you.

Last edited by vantrepes : 03-25-2008 at 09:52 PM.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 PM #70
Cass

Government aided evacuations are a given, but when you CHOOSE to stay behind then your just screwing yourself = bad decision.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:33 PM #71
Sir Raph
R3PR1S3NT

I find it fascinating that people assume that the citizens of New Orleans who stayed behind did so with full comprehension that the levees would break, but stayed anyway because they believed the government would come save them.

I think that Shaka's comment is probably the most relevant by far. No one accuses the residents of Orange County, California of counting on the government when they stay behind, or continue to build their houses on dangerous land. Yet when low income families do the same thing, we assume they're waiting for the government to come help them, just like they do for income and healthcare. We truly are a prejudicial society.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:42 PM #72
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raph View Post
I think that Shaka's comment is probably the most relevant by far. No one accuses the residents of Orange County, California of counting on the government when they stay behind, or continue to build their houses on dangerous land. Yet when low income families do the same thing, we assume they're waiting for the government to come help them, just like they do for income and healthcare. We truly are a prejudicial society.

Were there people who opted to stay in New Orleans despite repeatedly being warned about the hurricane? Probably.

Were there people who did not leave due to medical reasons, being uninformed, or being simply stranded and unable to leave? Undoubtedly.

Putting everyone in a single camp, I believe, misrepresents the situation.
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:17 PM #73
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantrepes View Post
Die with your toys, or survive without them.....
Another example of bad decision making.

I have a life time of memories in my house. Photos, gifts, childhood items that can't be replaced. I'll walk away from all of it if I am living below sea level, and there is a hurricane coming. Yea, it would suck, but I'd rather live to make new memories than die with the old ones.
Easy to say, harder to do. Its cliche, but what ever. People have stayed behind in hurricanes before and been fine, why would people assume this to be any different?
From a great height
Rain down, rain down

Old 03-26-2008, 04:26 PM #74
JcKa
post-Hipster

Especially when the Engineer Corps were trumpeting the levees.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:04 PM #75
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
Easy to say, harder to do. Its cliche, but what ever. People have stayed behind in hurricanes before and been fine, why would people assume this to be any different?
Because they told them this would be different.

"The stuff you own ends up owning you." (Tyler Durden, Fight Club)
Old 03-26-2008, 05:49 PM #76
TwoKaySix (Banned)

u know ur losing when u quote fight club
TwoKaySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:55 PM #77
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
Because they told them this would be different.

"The stuff you own ends up owning you." (Tyler Durden, Fight Club)
Mr. Apunkjunkie, my sincerest apologizes, but I hardly care what you have to say. If I want your opinion on a subject, I think I can actually insert it myself because you never manage to suprise me.

We really will never solve an argument on the human condition, but I'm sure when they stayed behind they were praying that their houses would get wrecked so that the government could take care of them, and you could complain about it on pbnation. I'm sure they would much rather have that happen than just simply have their house.

In other news people kill themselves in order to collect their life insurance, to bad their dead...
From a great height
Rain down, rain down

Old 03-26-2008, 07:44 PM #78
travis2k2rf

travis2k2rf is a Supporting Member
I would agree with most of the article. I think the majority of white males can identify with at least some of the points raised and that demographic will make a big impact on the election, but not any more than this or that "minority," males or females, etc.

travis2k2rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:35 PM #79
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Looked dumb as ****, stopped reading pretty quickly.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:55 PM #80
xbreaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
Welfare is not designed to pay for a family to leave their home for an extended period of time... it's designed so that they will have just enough to survive. And they are supposed to walk to where?!?!

The government (FEMA) didn't do crap for days, and when they did everything was screwed up logisticaly and nothing got done right.

People stayed for the same reason they stay when Florida gets hit, they stay because they want/need to for some reason. Personaly I live in a state that doesn't have to worry about anything like Katrina, and i'm very glad for that fact.

If you knew anything about how the government runs, FEMA doesnt have this giant pool of disaster money it sits on. FEMA does not get any funding until a disaster happens! Even then FEMA has to get approval on the Federal/State/Local levels to begin moving in aid and supplies. The angry man was smart enough to leave, and then nice enough to bust his *** down there as a rescue worker/soldier rescuing the folks who didn't heed the evacuation order.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:01 PM #81
xbreaka

Some more facts about the angry white man

-He doesn't expect government handouts, he controls his own destiny
-He doesn't play the victim card as if everybody is out to get him, and somehow they all owe him something
-He has no problem putting on the uniform and actually defending his freedoms, contrary to being someone who sits on a message board or at home *****ing and moaning about the state of things.
-He prefers to buy american made products
-He prefers a live and let live policy, personal responsibility is big here. If you want to kill yourself in a dangerous sport, or not wearing a seatbelt the AWM has no problem with it, he believes one should make their own choices. The government should stay out of such things.
-He listens to Toby Keith

Gah, if everyone was like him this country would be so much better, instead we are stuck with a bunch of *****ing, welfare hugging, victims
Old 03-26-2008, 09:09 PM #82
Cass

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreaka View Post

-He doesn't play the victim card as if everybody is out to get him, and somehow they all owe him something
-He has no problem putting on the uniform and actually defending his freedoms, contrary to being someone who sits on a message board or at home *****ing and moaning about the state of things.
-He prefers a live and let live policy, personal responsibility is big here. If you want to kill yourself in a dangerous sport, or not wearing a seatbelt the AWM has no problem with it, he believes one should make their own choices. The government should stay out of such things.

Gah, if everyone was like him this country would be so much better, instead we are stuck with a bunch of *****ing, welfare hugging, victims
Not sure how to respond even though i agree. I'm a LIMITED government kinda guy if you havnt noticed but we cant expect government to step out unless WE THE PEOPLE take more responsibility and self accountability. Responsibility = less government in our lives = lower taxes = better country = happy me
Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 PM #83
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreaka View Post

I hear there's a rally Friday night. Can I borrow your sheet set and hood......mine are dirty.

Most of your points sound like me...except for the Toby Keith part. I'll take some Ellington and Louis Armstrong please. Oh and some Tribe Called Quest. I guess you've never heard a white person moan about the govt keeping people poor, or how they keep losing jobs to those south of the border. I wonder what the ethnic make up of the Minute Men is? Apparently you walk around with blinders and ear plugs on.
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 PM #84
inkjt510
Romo Never Stops Smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyt View Post
who can't type or spell worth a ****.

mercifull
inkjt510 is offline   Reply With Quote