Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2008, 05:07 PM #64
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Obviously its different in that its not stop and go constantly but still that gas millage should be attainable if someone would not let car and gas companys by the patents and kill the projects.
Seriously, do you really think that car companies would buy patents and kill projects to build and sell more fuel efficient cars? They are in the business of selling cars. They could sell a lot more of them and make much bigger profits if they had one that got better gas mileage.

This is one of those silly conspiracy theories that just doesn't seem to want to die.

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
scumquat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 PM #65
carp
Back To The Deathstar

Well its not like these ideas haven't been created before but never came into fruitation.

I don't know why thats hard to believe?

What if they did this on purpose and where in hold of these types of ideas and just waited to put them out for a time like now for example to give their cars the leading edge in gas mileage making more car sails?

Doubt thats what happened but it could be possible. I think popular mechanics was having a 1 million dollar prize for a group to make a car that can get 100 mpg that can also be mass produced and used in real life and one car that was made had i think it was around 340mpg, it seems pointless to me that no one (being car company's) will use these competitions and pick one of the participants up and create a new line of vehicles.

Unless they are in bed with the oil company's as well?
carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:11 PM #66
caraboose (Banned)
I has shawrks

the sun must be getting bigger

this has been my first post ever in politics
caraboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:13 PM #67
.Eulogy. (Banned)
Stoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraboose View Post
the sun must be getting bigger

this has been my first post ever in politics
And hopefully your last.
.Eulogy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:25 PM #68
caraboose (Banned)
I has shawrks

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Eulogy. View Post
And hopefully your last.
ya, other than this one, most likley, i had to be a retard in all subfoums, only a few more to go
caraboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:56 PM #69
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
Don't Tax me, Bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1 View Post
That's basically it. The proponents of GW have been reduced to saying that when the weather changes, it's caused by mankind. I guess before we started driving SUVs, the weather hardly changed at all.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:04 AM #70
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
Its pretty obvious that we are trashing the planet, you can't really debate that mankind has gone and eff'd all kinds of stuff up. How big of an affect has all that has on the enitre planet? I think more time is needed before people go on preaching about how in 20 years the world will be all fried up. Mankind has really done a number on the Animal Kingdom though, in a sense we are slowly causing our own extinction event. When an species goes extinct because humans have hunted them down or destroyed their ability to live, problems arise. That honestly concerns me more than Carbon Dioxide emissions.

The Earth has been going through natural heating and cooling periods for BILLIONS of years. I'll say that Global Warming is plausable, we certainly aren't helping. If you can't admit that humans are slowly trashing the Earth then...

Sadly for all of those wishing the Sun will burn out, its not going to happen any time soon.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS

Last edited by mcgyver : 04-01-2008 at 01:08 AM.
mcgyver is offline   Reply With Quote