PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-21-2008, 09:15 PM #22
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
Well, if this whole thing pans out this way, can you really blame people? Here you have the most respected scientists world over saying the data points to a single conclusion.
Scientists like Al Gore, Green Day, and Sheryl Crow? Sorry, I haven't seen any actual scientific PROOF of global warming. Last I checked most of the scientists from "An Inconvenient Comedy" didn't even know they were quoted in it. Get real.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:29 PM #23
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses View Post
I've gone from caring to being completely apathetic. With no one person in control of a logical explanation for the entire issue I see no point in aligning myself with either side if a side even exists.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:54 PM #24
cyrus-the-virus90
Yes you like mr bunny

cyrus-the-virus90 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
you've convinced me, I'm going to go buy a HUMMER
cyrus-the-virus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 PM #25
NorCalBaller88
iFap

It would be real ****ty the sun went boom.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
NorCalBaller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:11 PM #26
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBaller88 View Post
It would be real ****ty the sun went boom.
But on the flip side, everyone's problems would be solved.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:14 PM #27
Swerve22

Funny there seems to be a lot less Global Warming crusaders around here no than there was like a year ago...

www.gunfacts.info
Old 03-21-2008, 11:16 PM #28
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Funny there seems to be a lot less Global Warming crusaders around here no than there was like a year ago...
That's only because scientists have realized the situation was much worse and it is no longer called Global Warming but Global Climate Destabilization.

"He who knows how will always work for he who knows why." - DLR

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:55 PM #29
Kaya
100% us citizen

Quote:
*psst* global warming is a hoax
So is Mormonism.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:56 PM #30
rkwhoooooo
Male Model

No, it's because we don't care. Whether we change or not is irellevant, if what they say is true - it'll happen. If it's all a crock, it won't. No amount of bickering, reform, legislation or "going green," will stop it.

Now, anyone who's against anti-pollution Acts is just dumb.

ΣX
rkwhoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:53 PM #31
Apicit

Very interesting article/good post, although i must say i expected more debate...
Apicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:12 PM #32
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Well, if this whole thing pans out this way, can you really blame people? Here you have the most respected scientists world over saying the data points to a single conclusion.

edit: Although I do have to giggle at conservatives feeling triumph over this, when they only grasped the anti-man made global warming stance because it opposed the liberals', not because they thoroughly researched it scientifically for themselves or were able to prove the science wrong through their own research.
dot dot dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses View Post
I've gone from caring to being completely apathetic. With no one person in control of a logical explanation for the entire issue I see no point in aligning myself with either side if a side even exists.
this one too

Last edited by chodeyg : 03-23-2008 at 08:15 PM.
chodeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:17 PM #33
JcKa
post-Hipster

Quote:
Scientists like Al Gore, Green Day, and Sheryl Crow? Sorry, I haven't seen any actual scientific PROOF of global warming. Last I checked most of the scientists from "An Inconvenient Comedy" didn't even know they were quoted in it. Get real.
No Swerve, not scientistst like Al Gore, Green Day, and Sheryl Crow (where did Sheryl Crow come from? Listening to a little "There Goes the Neighborhood" I see ), scientists like the UN panel, etc.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:25 PM #34
Swerve22

Quote:
No Swerve, not scientistst like Al Gore, Green Day, and Sheryl Crow (where did Sheryl Crow come from? Listening to a little "There Goes the Neighborhood" I see ), scientists like the UN panel, etc.
Sheryl "let's try to all make sure we use no more than 2 or 3 squares of toilet paper when we go number 2" crow.

But anyway I read the UN panel report, it was more speculation than anything.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 03-23-2008, 08:29 PM #35
JcKa
post-Hipster

Quote:
Sheryl "let's try to all make sure we use no more than 2 or 3 squares of toilet paper when we go number 2" crow.

But anyway I read the UN panel report, it was more speculation than anything.
lol, while it may be speculation, you have to consider the fact that these are some of the most learned scientists in existence, so whatever they believe will really be taken strongly.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:34 PM #36
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
lol, while it may be speculation, you have to consider the fact that these are some of the most learned scientists in existence, so whatever they believe will really be taken strongly.
Wasn't the UN report the one that ended up ignoring about 60% of it's collaborating scientests because they didn't want to report that global climate change was caused by humans?

I think someone posted it in this forum, but maybe I came across it somewhere else.
graysonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:45 PM #37
Nick Stanger
get the @*&% off my field

the sun is going to blow up and we are all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kinda like the sky is falling! its called rain. some things you just cant do nothing about. so burn a tire and block space satellites from watching you. lol
Nick Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:54 PM #38
hmmmDonut
Life fails **

hmmmDonut is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
Wasn't the UN report the one that ended up ignoring about 60% of it's collaborating scientests because they didn't want to report that global climate change was caused by humans?

I think someone posted it in this forum, but maybe I came across it somewhere else.
An article was posted making claims that a large portion of the scientist backing the original report either did not read the report, or did not agree with it's finding. However I remember that the article was from a rather slanted conservative website, and at the time no one was able to corroborate the articles claims.

I think it was Overbear who posted it. I'll try to find it.
hmmmDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:05 PM #39
Oconnore
mmm Frogs

My thoughts...

Trying to move towards renewable, clean energy is good. Nobody likes smog, OPEC, or acid rain. If there is a way to run the economy without producing these things (or anything worse, like landfills filled with dangerous chemicals from those so called "green" hybrids ), I'm all for it.

Attacking anyone who attempts to put forth evidence against a theory that you admit to not fully understanding is unscientific and stupid.
Oconnore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:44 PM #40
Jennifer Lopez

last semester i had the choice of writing a 5 page paper on something or watching an inconvenient truth and writing a response on that. I just wrote on how much Al gore is a hypocrite; wasting so much gas flying around to the (i think he said) 100 or so lectures hes done, his house using twice as much energy a normal house (from what i hear), and creating all that waste using plastic dvd cases and cds trying to spread the word of GW when if he really cared could have posted it online and saved a few tons of plastic from being used.

Ive pretty much stopped caring about global warming. Should be more concerned with fixing homelessness or some other thing.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:25 AM #41
Legumeofterror (Banned)
Chris The Almighty

nuclear power is the answer to energy issues. global climate change is a natural phenomenon then there is little people can do to stop it.
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:11 AM #42
timmyt (Banned)
relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oconnore View Post
My thoughts...

Trying to move towards renewable, clean energy is good. Nobody likes smog, OPEC, or acid rain. If there is a way to run the economy without producing these things (or anything worse, like landfills filled with dangerous chemicals from those so called "green" hybrids ), I'm all for it.

Attacking anyone who attempts to put forth evidence against a theory that you admit to not fully understanding is unscientific and stupid.
I always kinda had a sneaking suspicion that nobody really wanted to tackle the pollution problem out of laziness, so the liberals invented global warming to scare people into going clean.

But I'm sure i'm wrong.
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote