Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Does the split between Democrats hurt their chances in 2008?
Yes 41 83.67%
No 8 16.33%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 09:46 PM #22
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
Hypocrisy is the one thing I don't tolerate (sounds cheesy I know). If you're going to attempt to slam someone for not participating in proper "political dialogue" then you have to do it yourself. I've said this to other people, and I'll say it to you. I don't care what he posts, if he said **** America, then ignore him or debate him as to why America should not be ****ed. Don't call him a joke, because that's just asinine enough to make your post as dumb as his.

And you didn't ignore him, you called him a joke.
Good lord. If you're trying to have an intelligent discussion and someone makes a ridiculous statement why would you let it pass? He needs to be held accountable for his posts, you can't defend his actions. If someone acts like a child, I will treat them like one. I'm sorry if that offends you, but as you said, its the one thing I just don't tolerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
When there are 8 other thread going on the same topic, one liners become the norm.
In other words, stupidity gets a free pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412
And you kind of act like a partisan douche, so you might want to step down from that pedestal you seem to be standing on.
The same could be said about you.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 PM #23
JcKa
post-Hipster
 
JcKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UVM/DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Good lord. If you're trying to have an intelligent discussion and someone makes a ridiculous statement why would you let it pass? He needs to be held accountable for his posts, you can't defend his actions. If someone acts like a child, I will treat them like one. I'm sorry if that offends you, but as you said, its the one thing I just don't tolerate.
By all means if someone makes a ridiculous statement don't let it pass, however you have three options: ignore it (and let is slip away), counter with an equally inappropriate comment, or respond to it maturely.

I'm not defending it, I'm only holding you to the standard that you assumed for everyone else but refused to hold for yourself.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:55 PM #24
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
I'm not defending it, I'm only holding you to the standard that you assumed for everyone else but refused to hold for yourself.
Someone made a stupid post, I called him a joke, what the hell are you talking about?
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:00 PM #25
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Good lord. If you're trying to have an intelligent discussion and someone makes a ridiculous statement why would you let it pass? He needs to be held accountable for his posts, you can't defend his actions. If someone acts like a child, I will treat them like one. I'm sorry if that offends you, but as you said, its the one thing I just don't tolerate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
and it REALLY bothers me that blacks will vote of a canidate just because he's black

BTW Kellster
I grew up in Huntsville it's a great city
And this isn't a ridiculous statement? You certainly didn't treat this poster like a child, in fact you responded to the second half of his statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
In other words, stupidity gets a free pass.
If that's how you perceive it fine.

Quote:
The same could be said about you.
I'm an ******* to *******s, condescending to those who condescend, if someone comes into a thread ready to debate in a scholarly and polite manner I am more than ready, if not I'll talk e-****, it passes the time.

And I'm out of this e-*****ing.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:04 PM #26
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
And this isn't a ridiculous statement? You certainly didn't treat this poster like a child, in fact you responded to the second half of his statement.
How could a reasonable person possibly compare that comment with the one Animalmother made?

He pointed out the fact that many blacks are voting for Obama simply because he is black, its not a ridiculous statement at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412
I'm an ******* to *******s, condescending to those who condescend, if someone comes into a thread ready to debate in a scholarly and polite manner I am more than ready, if not I'll talk e-****, it passes the time.

And I'm out of this e-*****ing.
Thank you for contribution in hijacking this thread, I can't wait to hear more intelligent posts from you.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:12 PM #27
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
He pointed out the fact that many blacks are voting for Obama simply because he is black, its not a ridiculous statement at all.
Because white people aren't voting for Obama because he is black.

That's just as ridiculous if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
I can't wait to hear more intelligent posts from you.
Thanks and I look forward to more intelligent posts from you.

/no e-sarcasm for real.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 PM #28
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins
 
FluffyMumkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Warrensburg
Hijacking?

Excuse me. You're the one who came in here calling names without backing **** up.
The only person that did any hijacking is you. You're so clung to McCain's campaign that you're irrational and condescending in manner.
__________________
|Al Jazeera English|Foobar2000|SurplusRifle|AmmoEngine|RFC|Tag's Trance|DailyTech|NOAA|MetaCritic|
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.". - Benjamin Franklin
paintballbum - get out of here with your logic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FluffyMumkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 PM #29
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
Because white people aren't voting for Obama because he is black.
I'm sure that's true, but you can't deny that Obama wouldn't have the overwhelming support of the black community, as well as bigots like Reverend Wright and Louis Farrakhan, if he wasn't black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins View Post
Hijacking?

Excuse me. You're the one who came in here calling names without backing **** up.
What the hell are you talking about, sweetheart? I came in here expecting an intelligent conversation and I read a post stating: "**** America if it elects John McCain." I'm not wrong for rightly calling him a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins
The only person that did any hijacking is you. You're so clung to McCain's campaign that you're irrational and condescending in manner.
I'm irrational because I support McCain and called a joke a joke? Well articulated attack!
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:30 PM #30
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins
 
FluffyMumkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Warrensburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
What the hell are you talking about, sweetheart? I came in here expecting an intelligent conversation and I read a post stating: "**** America if it elects John McCain." I'm not wrong for rightly calling him a joke.
Sigh. It was his opinion. You couldn't focus on the thread subject at hand and veered off into a childish attack by calling two well-respected members --jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
I'm irrational because I support McCain and called a joke a joke? Well articulated attack!
You don't let anyone insult McCain. You strike at anyone who does so by calling them jokes. You're irrational because you don't consider what the other party has to say. You just push them away and call them jokes. You're a blind fanatic.


McCain is a blundering idiot and not a true Republican. I and many others share that view. Are you going to attempt to give reason to your opposing view, or are you just going to call me a joke as well?
__________________
|Al Jazeera English|Foobar2000|SurplusRifle|AmmoEngine|RFC|Tag's Trance|DailyTech|NOAA|MetaCritic|
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.". - Benjamin Franklin
paintballbum - get out of here with your logic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FluffyMumkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:30 PM #31
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
I'm sure that's true, but you can't deny that Obama wouldn't have the overwhelming support of the black community, as well as bigots like Reverend Wright and Louis Farrakhan, if he wasn't black.
Never did, never have, never will.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:53 PM #32
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins View Post
Sigh. It was his opinion. You couldn't focus on the thread subject at hand and veered off into a childish attack by calling two well-respected members --jokes.
I refuse to respect someone who posts "**** America if it elects John McCain." If you can't handle that, its fine. If anything, it says how easy it is to become a "well-respected" member here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins
You don't let anyone insult McCain. You strike at anyone who does so by calling them jokes.
No, I call people who make sensationalist and stupid comments "jokes." If you want to insult McCain, do so, just do it in an intelligent and articulate manner. I've debated Swerve and Matt23 about McCain without calling them "jokes." I'm open to criticism, just not stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins
You're irrational because you don't consider what the other party has to say. You just push them away and call them jokes. You're a blind fanatic.
Do you think those are my only posts here? And what are you *****ing about, I'm not addressing you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins
McCain is a blundering idiot and not a true Republican. I and many others share that view.
In the same post that you say I am not willing to listen to other people, you post "McCain is a blundering idiot and not a true Republican" without hearing my side or any facts. Who is the "blind fanatic" again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins
Are you going to attempt to give reason to your opposing view, or are you just going to call me a joke as well?
You are the one that needs to inject some reason into your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
Never did, never have, never will.
Then why did you call another poster's complaint about people that support Obama only because he is black, stupid?
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:00 PM #33
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Then why did you call another poster's complaint about people that support Obama only because he is black, stupid?
Because that poster was in fact an idiot and had exhibited previous bigoted tendencies. For example he mentioned that Obama won a huge section of the black vote in Mississippi and said something derogatory or foolish that I can't recall and then I brought up that Clinton won 72% of the white vote to show that white people do it to.

edit: He said Obama was dividing the country because all the black people voted for him.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard

Last edited by Adema3412 : 03-20-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:07 PM #34
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
Because that poster was in fact an idiot and had exhibited previous bigoted tendencies. For example he mentioned that Obama won a huge section of the black vote in Mississippi and said something derogatory or foolish that I can't recall and then I brought up that Clinton won 72% of the white vote to show that white people do it to.

edit: He said Obama was dividing the country because all the black people voted for him.
I didn't see that post.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 AM #35
Haga652001
Night divides the day
 
Haga652001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boise Idaho
Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post

Honestly, I think you're downplaying this incident. And the New York Times already tried to ruin McCain, it didn't stick.
I think that Obama pretty well parried the issue on Tuesday. now you are attacking him for "lying"

there is still plenty of Ammunition to throw at McCain. my guess is that more details of the Keating 5 will come out in the weeks before the election. not to mention a few other things we probably haven't heard of.
__________________
War Is Peace|Freedom Is Slavery|Ignorance Is Strength
Haga652001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:39 AM #36
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haga652001 View Post
I think that Obama pretty well parried the issue on Tuesday. now you are attacking him for "lying"
I pointed out specifically where he was caught lying in another thread.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 AM #37
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
This should help answer the initial question in the thread:

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics....20080321a.html
Poll taken in PA:
Quote:
Among Obama supporters, 20 percent said they would vote for Sen. John McCain of Arizona, the Republican nominee, if Clinton beats their candidate for the nomination. Among Clinton supporters, 19 percent said they would support McCain in November if Obama is the Democratic nominee.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:06 PM #38
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The
 
$h@key J0nEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grace Of GOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Oh my God. **** America if it elects McCain.
__________________

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so.” - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:31 AM #39
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes
 
PDXMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, Oregon
Gota get mine in-

McCain is no joke.














He's a ****in nightmare!
__________________
PDXMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:21 AM #40
Haga652001
Night divides the day
 
Haga652001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boise Idaho
Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
I pointed out specifically where he was caught lying in another thread.
I know ya did swervey
__________________
War Is Peace|Freedom Is Slavery|Ignorance Is Strength
Haga652001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:32 AM #41
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness
 
Matt.is.back2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
For God's sake it's March people; the general election is another eight months away. Does the current "split" hurt the dems? Absolutely not. In the end, it's going to come down to one Dem vs McCain in November, and that Dem will have more ammo to use against McCain than the ****ing Red Army did in 1942.
__________________
THE OHIO STATE
Class of 2011

Last edited by Matt.is.back2011 : 03-23-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:31 AM #42
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
Don't Tax me, Bro.
 
Furious Ge0rge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: flag@whitehouse.gov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
You guys are jokes.
Considering McCain is the least Conservative 'Conservative' that was running for President, I'd be inclined to ask you to prove me wrong. How is McCain a true 'Conservative'? Hell, he's what, 80 something years old, and slips up one of the few big media events since he clinched the nomination and defended it as a 'senior moment'. Oh yea, we need 4 years of an 80 year old guy trying to excuse his old age, while holding the most powerful office in the entire world.

Oops! I didn't mean to nuke Iran, I guess my Alzheimer's got the best of me!
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump