PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 PM #64
2term8r
Free Baller

has been a member for 10 years
Last page has the 2nd half of domestic plots.

Michael C. Reynolds, December 5, 2005

Michael C. Reynolds was arrested by the FBI and charged with being involved in a plot to blow up a Wyoming natural gas refinery; the Transcontinental Pipeline, a natural-gas pipeline stretching from the Gulf Coast to New York and New Jersey; and a New Jersey Standard Oil refinery.[31] He was arrested while trying to pick up the $40,000 owed to him for planning the attack.[32] His purported contact, Shan*nen Rossmiller, was a Montana judge who was working with the FBI.[33] The FBI later found explo*sives in a locker in his home town, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.[34]

Reynolds was convicted of providing material support to terrorists, soliciting a crime of violence, unlawful distribution of explosives, and unlawful possession of a hand grenade and sentenced to 30 years in prison.[36]

Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi, Zand Wassim Mazloum, February 2006

In Toledo, Ohio, Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Mar*wan Othman El-Hindi, and Wassim Mazloum were arrested for "conspiring to kill or injure people in the Middle East" and providing material support to terrorist organizations. They allegedly intended to build bombs to be used in Iraq.[37] The investigation was begun through the help of an informant who was approached to help train the group.[38]

All defendants have pled not guilty.

Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee, April 2006

Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee from Atlanta, Georgia, were accused of conspiracy, having discussed terrorist targets with alleged ter*rorist organizations.[39] They allegedly met with Islamic extremists and received training and in*struction in how to gather videotape surveillance of potential targets in the Washington area. They videotaped places such as the U.S. Capitol and the World Bank headquarters as potential targets and sent the videos to a London extremist group.[40]

They were indicted for providing material support to terrorist organizations and have pled not guilty.

Narseal Batiste, Patrick Abraham, Stanley Grant Phanor, Naudimar Herrera, Burson Augustin, Lyglenson Lemorin, and Rotschild Augstine, June 2006

Seven men were arrested in Miami and Atlanta for allegedly being in the early stages of a plot to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago, as well as the FBI offices and other buildings. The arrests resulted from an investigation involving an FBI informant. It is alleged that Narsearl Batiste was the leader of the group and first suggested attacking the Sears Tower in December 2005.[41]

All individuals have pled not guilty and are awaiting trial.

Assem Hammoud, July 2006

Conducting on-line surveillance of chat rooms, the FBI discovered a plot to attack underground transit links with New Jersey.[42] Eight suspects, including Assem Hammoud, an al-Qaeda loyalist living in Lebanon, were arrested for plotting to bomb the New York City train tunnels.[43] Ham*moud was a self-proclaimed operative for al-Qaeda and admitted to the plot.[44] He is currently in cus*tody in Lebanon, and his case is pending. Two other suspects are in custody in other locations, and investigators continue to hunt down the other five suspects.

Liquid Explosives Plot, August 2006

British law enforcement was able to stop a terror*ist plot to load 10 commercial airliners headed to the United States with liquid explosives.[45] The areas said to be targeted were New York, Washington, D.C., and California.[46] Approximately 24 British persons were arrested in the London area. The style of the plot has raised speculation that al-Qaeda was behind it, but no concrete evidence has proven this.

The United Kingdom has charged 15 of the 24 arrested individuals, and trials are expected to begin in 2008.[47] The charges vary from conspiring to com*mit murder to planning to commit terrorist acts.[48]

Fort Dix Plot, May 2007

Six men were arrested in a plot against Fort Dix, a U.S. Army base in New Jersey. The plan included attacking and killing soldiers using assault rifles and grenades.[49] Five of the alleged conspirators had conducted training missions in the nearby Pocono Mountains. The sixth helped to obtain weapons. The arrests were made after a 16-month FBI opera*tion that included infiltrating the group. The inves*tigation began after a store clerk alerted authorities when he discovered a video file of the group firing weapons and calling for "jihad." As far as is known, the group had no direct connections to any world terrorist organization.[50]

Five of the defendants have been charged with conspiracy to kill military personnel. The sixth is facing weapons charges.

JFK Plot, June 2007

Four men plotted to blow up a jet fuel artery that runs through residential neighborhoods at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. It is alleged that they believed this would create more destruction than September 11. Authorities stated that the attack would have caused major damage.[51]

Russell Defreitas, the leader of the group was arrested in Brooklyn. One of the men was a former airport worker, and two other individuals had links to Islamic extremists in South America and the Car*ibbean.[52] Two others, Abdul Kadir and Kareem Ibrahim, are being held in Trinidad. Kadir was an imam in Guyana, former member of parliament, and mayor of the town of Linden, Guyana. Ibrahim is a Trinidadian citizen. The fourth suspect—Abdel Nur, a Guyanese citizen—remains at large.[53]

Cases are pending.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, March 2007

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, captured in 2003, is alleged to have been involved in a number of terrorist plots and is among the most senior of Osama bin Laden’s operatives to have been captured. He is currently held at the U.S. military detention facility at Guantanamo Bay. Mohammed admitted in March 2007 to helping to plan, organize, and run the September 11 attacks and also claimed responsibility for the first bombing at the World Trade Center and the bombings of nightclubs in Bali in 2002 and a Kenyan hotel. He has stated that he decapitated American journalist Daniel Pearl and took responsibility for helping to plan the failed attack by Richard Reid, along with plots at Heathrow Airport, Canary Wharf, and Big Ben, as well as targets in Israel and the Panama Canal. He also helped to develop plots surrounding Los Angeles, Chicago, and the Empire State Building as well as U.S. nuclear power stations. He also had plotted to assassinate Pope John Paul II and former President Bill Clinton.

The U.S. government intends to try him before a military commission authorized by Congress

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Hom...nse/bg2085.cfm
2term8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2008, 09:57 PM #65
ThatGuy86

ThatGuy86 is a Supporting Member
ThatGuy86 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy86 supports our troops
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA D1 division
4 U.S. soldiers were killed by an IED on Sunday, bringing the total number of American armed forces deaths to 4,000.

RIP DAN DONLON
ThatGuy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:41 AM #66
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
How insensitive...
Heath Ledger died of a "tragic" drug overdose only a short five weeks ago, and you have the nerve to add to the collective sadness of the American people with a paltry 4,000 deaths...jeez...
I'm personally still trying to cope with the death of Anna Nicole Smith
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:20 AM #67
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
How insensitive...
Heath Ledger died of a "tragic" drug overdose only a short five weeks ago, and you have the nerve to add to the collective sadness of the American people with a paltry 4,000 deaths...jeez...
I'm personally still trying to cope with the death of Anna Nicole Smith
Not to mention the imprisonment of Paris Hilton

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:26 AM #68
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
Chlorine is WWI. Sarin, VX, etc are a much different animal. Pool supply stores don't have the starting points for nuclear weapons. Pool supply stores don't stock long range missles.

That list doesn't include the chemical/biological artillery shells that have also been found.

But really, I just find it humerous that it starts as "There are no WMDS" then progreesses to "Those WMDs are too small/found elsewhere/supplied by the US". Keep making excuses.
Sigh, FROM YOUR OWN LINK

Quote:
Offering the official administration response to FOX News, a senior Defense Department official pointed out that the chemical weapons were not in useable conditions.

"This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war."
If they can't be used, they're not weapons. So I repeat, one more time, there are no WMDs found in Iraq.

Thanks

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:20 AM #69
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post
I would just like to make a few comments about this....

1. No kidding the war has been longer and harder and more costly than you anticipated; You failled to even plan for it! You just sent in the troops and seriously expected the Iraqi people to throw us a party as liberators and the next day start up a fully functioning government.

2. Just what exactly are we defining as Victory in Iraq? A secure Iraq? That's not going to happen as you will still have Turkey invading to the North chasing Kurd rebels, Iran fueling Shia resistance in the South, and the Sunni's in the Center trying to re-establish their power. A unified Iraq led by an elected Government? That's not going to happen as te Kurdish PM has already stated he will not rejoin centeralized Iraqi rule and I don't believe the Shia and Sunnis will ever get their crap together.

3. Was the 500 Billion dollars spent, the 4,000 US soldiers killed, and the hundred of thousands of Iraqis lives lost truely been "necessary" just to rid the world of 1 dictator who had been under an embargo for close to 10 years? I think Not.
Yes. But the 500 Billion Dollars and 4,000 Armed Forces lost were not to get rid of Saddam. So your point is moot.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:48 PM #70
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Sigh, FROM YOUR OWN LINK

If they can't be used, they're not weapons. So I repeat, one more time, there are no WMDs found in Iraq.

Thanks
so chemical weapons count

if you really believe that Iraq has never had chemical weapons you really need to re-read a history book
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM #71
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
so chemical weapons count
A useable stockpile of weapons that could actually potentially kill people? Yes.

However saying "we went in there to get him, because he had a few left over munitions from 15 years ago" is a ****ing lame rationale for 100 thousand dead Iraqis, creating the terrorist hotspot of the whole world and plunging the country into a seriously uncertain future. If all Saddam had were unuseable weapons and some left over shells, what in the **** were you guys preventing him from doing? What did you "stop him" from accomplishing?

Quote:
if you really believe that Iraq has never had chemical weapons you really need to re-read a history book
If you really believe that's even remotely what I said you need to re-read an english textbook.

twitch slaps me around
Because of small cock
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 PM #72
Murph1329

Quote:
A useable stockpile of weapons that could actually potentially kill people? Yes.

However saying "we went in there to get him, because he had a few left over munitions from 15 years ago" is a ****ing lame rationale for 100 thousand dead Iraqis, creating the terrorist hotspot of the whole world and plunging the country into a seriously uncertain future. If all Saddam had were unuseable weapons and some left over shells, what in the **** were you guys preventing him from doing? What did you "stop him" from accomplishing?
easy we prevented him from starting his chemical weapons program back up and selling it to terrorist

history does repeat itself by the way, he was an evil man and evil people do evil things so if you play the ignorant card and say he wasn't using them right then you'll be telling me you're a true Canadian...from Quebec

anyways i'm sure we can both agree that Saddam needed to be taken out of power
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Old 03-25-2008, 03:14 PM #73
elTwitcho

Quote:
easy we prevented him from starting his chemical weapons program back up and selling it to terrorist
Except you have zero proof that he was

a) Starting his chemical weapons program back up
b) Selling it to terrorists

So your claim holds about as much weight as me saying "George Bush is a closet homosexual and wanted to destroy Saddam because he spurned his gay advances". It's bull****. Not 95% bull****, not 99% bull****, but 100% unadulterated pure AAA texas bred bull****.

Quote:
history does repeat itself by the way, he was an evil man and evil people do evil things so if you play the ignorant card and say he wasn't using them right then you'll be telling me you're a true Canadian...from Quebec
The ignorant card?

Ignorant of what? The ISG report that concluded that he had no stockpiles and was not capable of producing any more WMDs and that he wasn't in the process of developing the capability to produce WMDs? Exactly what do you have that over rides the ISG's conclusions?

In fact, do you even KNOW about the ISG at all?

You use the word "ignorant" like it's just a word you can throw in a debate because you think it makes you look superior. It doesn't. Words have actual meanings and your various stumblings over trying to use the correct words don't change that. Until you can actually back your accusations up with anything at all, you look like a ****ing dumb****... from wherever you live.

Quote:
anyways i'm sure we can both agree that Saddam needed to be taken out of power
The way you guys did it? No. Saying "A tumor needs to be removed" doesn't justify going in with a chainsaw to remove it. The Iraq war has been enough of a total and complete ****up that between the two options, no it would have been better not to have invaded than to have the complete mess you guys have produced now.

twitch slaps me around
Because of small cock
Old 03-25-2008, 03:26 PM #74
timmyt (Banned)
relentless

Not to mention both Condi and Colin Powell said publicly in 2001 that Saddam had no WMDs nor had the ability to project said weapons.

That all changed though, didn't it?
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:32 PM #75
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyt View Post
Not to mention both Condi and Colin Powell said publicly in 2001 that Saddam had no WMDs nor had the ability to project said weapons.

That all changed though, didn't it?
i really believe that liberals think there is a statue of limitations on genocide
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
Old 03-25-2008, 03:41 PM #76
timmyt (Banned)
relentless

Quote:
i really believe that liberals think there is a statue of limitations on genocide
I wouldn't really call Condi Rice or Colin Powell a liberal.
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:57 PM #77
ClintonBaller2
blah

Quote:
Why didnt the neo cons push to help the Kurds and Shiites back when they were being slaughtered? Oh right, because the neo cons were helping Saddam, even giving him chemical weapons that's why.

Also you totally ignored his factual post about Rice and Powell's quotes saying that Iraq has no WMD's and then brought up some bull **** excuse about genocide that makes your argument even weaker. Just saying "oh liberals are dumb, and bleeding hearts" makes you look stupid, as Twitch said. You won't see McCain doing that in the general election debates. And yes I can say something about neo cons in my post because it was the Reagan and Bush 1 administrations who were pro Saddam.

And it's statute not statue.

Last edited by ClintonBaller2 : 03-25-2008 at 04:03 PM.
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:16 AM #78
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Sigh, FROM YOUR OWN LINK

Thanks
But what about the Chlorine Twitch?! WHAT ABOUT THE CHLORINE?! It's a precursor to most chemical agents.

Its also used for water treatment.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 AM #79
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
Quote:
The way you guys did it? No. Saying "A tumor needs to be removed" doesn't justify going in with a chainsaw to remove it. The Iraq war has been enough of a total and complete ****up that between the two options, no it would have been better not to have invaded than to have the complete mess you guys have produced now.
This is my stance these days. An army is used to break things not build things. If all we wanted was to take Saddam and his cronies down, mission accomplished in December 2003. If all we wanted was to destroy his (future) chemical weapons capabilities, mission decisively accomplished May 2003.

We WON the war in Iraq years ago. The fact that we're still fighting these days is deeply confusing to me.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:07 PM #80
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
Dude, don't ignore twitch. He *** raped you. At least give the man a reach around.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
NorCalBaller88 is offline   Reply With Quote