Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2008, 02:27 PM #1
Aleph

Eos Problem

Forgive my essay, just trying to give disclosure.

Picked up an Eos this past weekend with an empire reloader b. Shot some RPS premium through it after a blow test on the standard freak insert @ HP, and everything was working great. I only shot about 200 balls at a close target.

Testing it out today I noticed the pressure on the gun was @ 200psi. I didn't pay attention to this before so I assume it was like this from factory. Being I was at home and no crony in sight I turned up to about 250 to get at the bottom end of operational pressure with the standard insert.

So everything is factory except I tweaked the vertical regulator to increase velocity using the appropriate alan wrench and watching the pressure increase slowly. (all this was done with great care as I'm still learning.)

I noticed If I shot slow, I was fine, but if I started shooting quickly the gun would lose all pressure after about 4-5 shots. leaving it be a few seconds and it was fine again.

the pressure was set to 250psi on the gun and there was about 2500psi still on the tank while this was happening.

I had no idea what was happening so I did a cursory look inside after degassing. Took off the barrel and the bolt plug but did not remove the bolt or the volume insert, just looking for "something bad". everything looked legit, and I put it back together.

then I noticed the whole front max-flo vertical regulator assembly turned a bit in my hand as if it was 'loose'. There was no escaping air at any time that was discernible but clearly the vertical regulator should not turn like that. I turned it 'hand tight', and the gun seemed to lose the problem, but I guess I'm asking 2 things.

1. would a loose vertical reg that is not hissing at me cause the pressure loss problem? (maybe this is a duh! my bad?)

2. Do I need to take this thing down to tighten that and how tight should it be?

Last edited by Aleph : 03-18-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2008, 02:33 PM #2
TheAznInvazn
550 for Fighters

TheAznInvazn has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Dwell might be low, raise it

Relube, something might be sticking

1. No, they do that, it's fine
2. It's fine, just make sure it doesn't twist out a lot or it will begin to leak (and thats a lot of twisting)
Old 03-18-2008, 02:45 PM #3
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAznInvazn View Post
Dwell might be low, raise it

Relube, something might be sticking

1. No, they do that, it's fine
2. It's fine, just make sure it doesn't twist out a lot or it will begin to leak (and thats a lot of twisting)
Right on.... ALSO...

Make sure your tank is screwed in all the way if you still have the stock SP on/off. They can sometime "choke" your marker of gas if the pin doesn't set just right on your tank.
I've done the same thing wondering why my Recharge rate was SO SLOW, then noticed my tank wasn't all the way turned IN.

I would ALSO dryfire about 1-2 tanks of air to get everything worn in. My recharge on my reg was a little slow at first. After dryfireing 1-2 tanks and shooting about 2 cases through it, she's better and allot more consistant over the chrono.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238

Last edited by Dooku : 03-18-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Dooku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:53 PM #4
Aleph

Thanks for the tips. I will take it out to the field this weekend and crank some paint through it to give it a nice break in. (and check dwell) etc. I have not looked at the settings to see if it was set to defaults / etc.

Appreciate the quick response.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:04 PM #5
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

has been a member for 10 years
That's why we're here...
I ALWAYS encourage people that are getting a new or uesd marker to always check the setings and check orings for proper lube first so they don't mess things up before they even get to use it.

Check out the Eos setting thread for some good setting to try out.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2485223
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238
Dooku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:10 PM #6
TheAznInvazn
550 for Fighters

Get back with us again if you continue to encounter problems.

I'd hate to see a new family member with a problem that we can help fix.
Best of luck with your EOS!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:32 AM #7
WoRkAh0LiC

BTW guys, is it OK to twist the reg to tighten it without breaking it down? I did that when I first got my gun and just want to make sure it was OK...
WoRkAh0LiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 PM #8
TheAznInvazn
550 for Fighters

It should be fine, don't worry about it, they all twist a bit.