PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2008, 04:18 AM #1
dustycl

Taso tunnel rat

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum and pretty new to paintball. Quite a while ago a family friend gave me a paintball gun which I didn't put much thought into until recently when I started playing. After doing a good amount of research I was able to find out that it is a Taso Tunnel Rat. I can't find much about it since it's no longer manufactured and most of what I find about stock class is for the phantom. One of my friends that I paintball with has the same marker has done much more research and has also come up empty. So, I have a few questions if anybody would be so kind to answer.

A) Being that the marker is quite old and that paint is smaller than it used to be, does anybody know what size paint it takes?

B) If paint that size is too hard to come by, does anybody know if there is a barrel kit anywhere out there for the tunnel rat that accepts smaller paint?

The marker itself is in great condition and it would be wonderful to be able to actually use it.

I greatly appreciate it.
dustycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2008, 08:02 AM #2
tigwldr
Chaos

Annual Supporting Member
tigwldr is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tigwldr is playing at Living Legends VII
A quick and easy fix that would not hurt the wallet would be to unscrew the barrel and put a couple of drops of fingernail polish right inside the lip of the barrel. Let it dry, try rolling paint through it and repeat until you get it tight enough not to roll out. Other than that your just going to have to run across someone that happens to have what your looking for and they are looking to get rid of it. Which will be tough to do.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:06 AM #3
hicktownhero
HICKTOWN HITMEN #2

You can use also use electical tape, But i find that the tape some times rip or comes loose.
hicktownhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:14 AM #4
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
What you might want to do is take your barrel, set it along side a ruler (by the threads), and take a picture. We might be able to place the threads based on that. I don't recall off the top of my head what threads the TASO guns took.

Nice blast from the past, by the way. I seem to remember that Tunnel Rats have a certain amount of collector value these days to the right people.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote