PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-01-2008, 09:08 PM #127
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Ri0T is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Not yet. I need the bolt to come in from the machinist, and to make about 3 parts.

I'll post results once I test it.
Ri0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2008, 01:00 AM #128
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Any of you have any experience with 3 way solenoids you've found to be pretty fast? I'm throwing around some ideas on minor design changes and may end up using a 3 way solenoid, but I'm not interested in something that's gonna take 10 ms to switch to on. The datasheets I've seen only say things like "15 ms or less".
Old 05-04-2008, 07:01 PM #129
hansolo8221

Somebody over on the automag forum had a bunch of MAC 43 series noids for sale, that were 3 way instead of 5 way. Here is the link:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...t=mac+solenoid
hansolo8221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:14 PM #130
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

That's excellent. I love how damned fast those MAC 43 series valves are, and they're small enough that I could actually fit 2 side by side in the grip frame with minimal work.

That may just be the way to go when I decide to make a run at the valve I've designed for this thing, which is dependent on if the bolt system works.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:00 PM #131
grantis2911
Jeremiah 29:11

Any updates?
Old 05-24-2008, 01:22 PM #132
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

I've had a couple of delays due to working an absurd amount of overtime and not having time to send money to the guy I've got making some parts for me, cs900, who I owe a huge amount of gratitude.

I'll be sending that out today to get the rest of the parts made, then I just need to order an MQ2. That's about all I need to finish it. If that works, then I'll probably buy some merlin extrusion, re-do the body, buy a different board, new grip frame, and start work on having my valve design made. Of course, that's after I post a vid to brag about my greatness.

A co-worker of mine asked me recently why I designed a paintball gun, so I gave him the brief history of it, which some of you may find interesting.

It started out the summer that the Emag was released. I was disappointed with what AGD did. I thought they could do better with it, and innovate more. So, myself and a group of guys from Warpig's Pigchat designed a ram driven, sear-less automag (doesn't that sound a lot like the Freestyle in functionality?).

Then, while wanting more efficiency from my Autococker, I got around to designing a new valve system. So, I abandoned the mag-based design for the new valve, which I discovered would work better in the top tube. So I designed a gun with a sleeve that slid around the ball and the valve opened up directly behind the ball. This looked great on paper, but certainly had some issues.

My mind then wandered over to thinking up a better loader. That's about when the Banshee came into my head. The more I got to thinking about it, the more I realized how much time could be taken off of the cycle vs. other markers. It snowballed from there.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:29 PM #133
cs900
makin' chips

Annual Supporting Member
cs900 supports our troops
cs900 supports DLX Technology
no problem. I'm not in any rush
cs900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 AM #134
f.t.m. electra
JAY AR

f.t.m. electra plays in the USPL
f.t.m. electra plays in the PSP
f.t.m. electra supports Team VICIOUS
f.t.m. electra plays in the APPA D4 division
f.t.m. electra supports Empire
poor vlocity shell
f.t.m. electra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:19 PM #135
grantis2911
Jeremiah 29:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.t.m. electra View Post
poor vlocity shell
Luckiest Vlocity shell ever if this project meets all the hype!
Old 05-27-2008, 09:29 PM #136
Cegasaturn
It's a Cute Little Bunny!

Subscribed. I do hope this turns out nicely!
Cegasaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:33 PM #137
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

can i have it? no joke LOL

looks hot man,. cant wait to see it rippin. oh btw, it pretty much is the end of may.... and that means, 14 more days of school, as of today! WOOT! wait... then another 2 years... DAMN!

back on topic. this thing gonna have the wheel feed teh balls into the chamber from the side? like directly in like warp style, or am i way off base?
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:39 PM #138
theCanadian

Have you read any of this thread?

We make videos. For you. You're welcome.
Froe Films
theCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:41 PM #139
Chainsaw60
Certifiably Sane

Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
can i have it? no joke LOL

looks hot man,. cant wait to see it rippin. oh btw, it pretty much is the end of may.... and that means, 14 more days of school, as of today! WOOT! wait... then another 2 years... DAMN!

back on topic. this thing gonna have the wheel feed teh balls into the chamber from the side? like directly in like warp style, or am i way off base?
That sucks I have 1 full and 2 half days left (then a year). And RioT like "new ion?" said it's the end of may...
Chainsaw60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 PM #140
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

No, nobody can have it! It's my brain child.

As for how it feeds... I'm not at a place where I feel like publicly disclosing how the loader and bolt system work together. They are very much working together, though.

Did I say end of May? Yeah, that was a nice thought. Life happens. I'm thinking mid to late June if things go even remotely close to as planned.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:15 PM #141
clemsonpaintball2121

riot if this works out plz contact me on the price!!!!!!
i want to b one of the 1st people to have 1 of this revolutionary gun

They Call Me MUSTARD!

Reppin PBC
clemsonpaintball2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:38 AM #142
Spitlebug
I'm rule 34...

Spitlebug is a Supporting Member
Spitlebug donated to help Peyton Trent
Spitlebug has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug is attending Decay of Nations VI
You still looking for a three way that works really fast? Talk to a local distributor and for MAC valves and give them your specs. They can come up with a price and modification number that will correspond to the noid that you need. Otherwise, I am told by the Humphrey representative that a standard CRCB-0051W will function as a three way if you block one of the ports.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:27 PM #143
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Yeah... selling them... nobody would buy it in its present form, nor would I let them. It's kinda... ghetto rigged. If this works, then I'll begin work on a new body for it, so I can incorporate the valve I designed instead of the MQ2. I do not have the resources to produce them. Even if I wanted to, it would be ungodly expensive. It'd cost me probably $800 per marker, or more. So, selling price would end up pretty damn high. The only chance its got is if another company becomes interested and either wants to back me or work with me on producing it themselves. But, who knows, if it works and someone wants to pay $1200-1500 up front, I may be willing to do small runs.

Spitlebug... on the 3 way noid, I've been told MAC has done a 3-way version of the 43 series valve, which is what I'd end up using if I can. I know I can fit 2 43 series valves side by side in a grip frame with a little work. No need for a tray. The valve is only 8mm wide.

This delay is killing me. It's not just a waiting game. I've sent money off for machined parts, then stock must come in, then work must be done, then it must ship back to me. As soon as I have something more, even if it is just results of a feed test, I'll post about it. I'm still hopeful that I'm 2 to 4 weeks away from the first shot being fired.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:41 AM #144
thatdoolinkid

Question: why are you using a WAS Excalibur board. I'd think that you'd at least use the pandora Rmod, E2, or a Zero-B board. However, if it was price holding you back on that, then explain no further.

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
thatdoolinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 PM #145
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

I got it for $20. That's a good deal. I don't feel like spending over $100 for a board.

I've also contacted Damon about a UTB, but without response yet. I know he's busy, and I can certainly wait. I just needed a board that can drive 2 solenoids. Also, I know that the WAS board is allegedly able to run a 5v 4W solenoid with no problems. I can probably run the MQ with a capacitor, but that's what I've contacted Damon.

However, I may pick up an e-cocker soon enough. That or see how cheap I can get a E2 or zero-b with grip frame. I'm not sure what they usually go for.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:39 AM #146
thatdoolinkid

Yeah, I haven't heard from Damon lately either. His plate must be pretty full at the moment.

The WAS will be good for starting this anyway. It's trigger programmable w/ plenty of power. However, when you want to go for speed it's about worthless unless you get some serious bounce going on (which I expect you aren't expecting to have).

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
thatdoolinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:13 PM #147
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Oh, I can give it as much bounce as I want... I've got a spring controlled trigger assistance mechanism designed that should fit in the frame.

However, for serious speed... I won't be testing it in semi. I also don't expect to reach the maximum ability of the design with the WAS board. I'll be ok if I break 20 with it, but I'm looking for over 30. Once I get a real board in there, then I'll push for double that.