PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-15-2008, 07:31 PM #1
plushdragon

has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
bad traders/scammers.

over the past few weeks we of pbn have been seeing a lot of clone user accounts and scammers making more then one account to up there feedback to look like good traders. i think to protect new users and new traders there should be a under 10 feedback and or new trader box in the b/s/t/. or a colored box under new traders name or sig. There also needs to be removed these poorman banners and or b/s/t perfection mafia logos in the b/s/t due to there beening used to scam people if b/s/t sellers want to use them then there should also be a paid pbn banner that says good trader verified. I am also seeing a lot of traders are not placing any contact info in there user sig or on the b/s/t trades page. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post44230638
some form of contact should be listed as your mods have seen daily posting of people posting help on getting in contact with traders and or lost pm due to banning.
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2008, 07:45 PM #2
chillinspyder2
Rockin' Cocks

The problem is you can't force someone to post personal contact info. Its up to the buyer/trader to acquire that information.
chillinspyder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:24 PM #3
cookie123
trampagide

I think if they dont want to post contact info they dont want to sell their stuff to bad. I wouldn't buy from anyone without contact information.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:31 PM #4
chillinspyder2
Rockin' Cocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
I think if they dont want to post contact info they dont want to sell their stuff to bad. I wouldn't buy from anyone without contact information.
I wouldn't either, but I don't think it should have to be posted for all to see. I wouldn't feel comfortable posting all my info for everyone to see. I would be fine with giving it to the person who I'm making a deal with, but not to any average joe that decides to take a look at my thread.
chillinspyder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:36 AM #5
plushdragon

has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
re:

not going as far as phone and or mail addy but at lest aim or email info in people profiles and or sales postings.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:02 AM #6
RuFiO13
Doogan

The true problem is that users don't take the right precautions into preventing themselves into being scammed and I am not sure that there is a true way to really stop that. All these solutions will accomplish little to nothing. Contact information that a buyer/seller/trader needs to obtain is a lot more than email or aim address which is something that is stressed by PbNation.

Users need to take responsibility for themselves when dealing online. If all users followed the tips here http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1620968 then almost all scams would be eliminated. PbNation has provided tips and the people need to take the responisbility to read them and that is where the true problem lies.
RuFiO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:47 PM #7
pbfanatic321 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
Yea always get their number and try it out and once they give you their address and first and last name look them up on whitepages.com to make sure the name and address matches up.
pbfanatic321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:32 PM #8
Octagon (Banned)

Not to talk against you plush, you help out alot in the Theft forum, but...

Pb Nation offers the B/S/T as a service here. They do not require that anyone that registers use the B/S/T ever. Much less on any kind of regular basis. They do state, in their own words, the buyer should beware and should arrange for contact info with the seller, or trader. It's in plain black and while, or whatever colors that you choose to use. Threads like this, whereas they have a great intention, are in a position that they just don't help. My reasoning is that since it is not a requirement to use the B/S/T, and Pb Nation has taken steps to minimize, or eliminate scamming and bad transactions, ultimately, it is the individual users responsibility to read those steps, and to follow them.

Someone, I think it was DarkarmorPB, said that if you can't afford to lose whatever you are selling/trading, then you should not be doing the deal in the first place. Granted, I don't want to lose anything, much less have it stolen. But, I know that it can happen, and I have followed the rules that Pb Nation staff have taken the time to formulate, post, revise, and add to, all so I can have a more positive experiance whenever I buy, sell, or trade. It's really as simple as people reading what the Mods have posted up, and literally following them.
Octagon is offline   Reply With Quote