Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 03:02 PM #1
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography
 
xluben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Dangerous Power F8, 25BPS Ramping Vids

Here's a pic of the gun I used in the vids:



Here's some vids I made today. All used a stock, non-V35 Halo.

Vid 1 is 25BPS ramping. Goldwaves at 23-24BPS.

http://www.pbnation.com/videos/view/463/

Vid 2 is also 25BPS ramping. Don't know why you can't see any paint flying.

There was 1 barrel break Also Goldwaves at 23-24BPS.

http://www.pbnation.com/videos/view/464/

Vid 3 I switched to 25BPS Semi and shot about 100 rounds more.

Goldwaves at 15BPS.

http://www.pbnation.com/videos/view/465/
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:03 PM #2
Max S (Banned)
Jim
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arizona
sweet mine should be coming mon.
Max S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:05 PM #3
broncosboy923
Free techs+repairs PM me!
 
broncosboy923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dupont, Washington
cool and i like the colors on it as well...
__________________
GEARBAG SALE
broncosboy923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:14 PM #4
Lucky4143
Jason Vitalich Fan #1
 
Lucky4143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Monterey-CA-831
Lucky4143 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
__________________
5 Gold Up's For Sale
Lucky4143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:21 PM #5
ipodpeter35
Jizzed in My Pants
 
ipodpeter35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington (the state)
ipodpeter35 helped look for balloons
Mine's faster . Nice gat man. I shouldn't have gotten rid of mine . Awfully fast for a stock halo too.
ipodpeter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:26 PM #6
lilmaniac2
Stereo Enthusist
 
lilmaniac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
lilmaniac2 helped look for balloons
Wish my halo was that fast
lilmaniac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:10 PM #7
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO
 
rottensquad07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Casper, WY
 has been a member for 10 years
rottensquad07 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Nice vids xluben...as usual. You make good vids!
__________________
-Sky blue/graphite Dye DM11-

-Black/black Planet Eclipse Etek 3-
rottensquad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:13 PM #8
KMAYER1221
rip dan donlon
 
KMAYER1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: philly
KMAYER1221 is a Paintball photographer
KMAYER1221 plays in the USPL
KMAYER1221 plays in the PSP
KMAYER1221 is Legendary
Awesome.

I <3 DP guns.
KMAYER1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:54 AM #9
Rockyboarder
So Long Gay boys....
 
Rockyboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Rockyboarder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DP...insanely under-rated guns. Nice F8. But I love my threshy more.
Rockyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:24 AM #10
jrmiller
••Swing the hammer••
 
jrmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Medina, Ohio
nice man. seeing this made me want one.
jrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:10 PM #11
[insert funny name]
*random thoughts occur*
 
[insert funny name]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyboarder View Post
DP...insanely under-rated guns. Nice F8. But I love my threshy more.
Agreed DP makes awsome markers. Cant wait until their new marker comes out.
__________________
"The crows are calling my name", said caw.
Christ Krew
[insert funny name] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:47 PM #12
Pbkid's pmr
Gun aficionado
 
Pbkid's pmr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Menominee, MI/Soo, MI
Pbkid's pmr is playing at Living Legends VII
Pbkid's pmr supports Empire
Dp will take over the world by far the best marker i have ever shot.
__________________
Bob Long G6R Owner
Mistaken Media

My youtube channel
Pbkid's pmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:26 PM #13
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography
 
xluben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
thanks to all. i think the gun is a great value compared to some of the other stuff that's out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottensquad07 View Post
Nice vids xluben...as usual. You make good vids!
thanks. too bad the camera is so poor. i'm working on getting a better one. it's hard to know which ones will be good for action though..
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:29 PM #14
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO
 
rottensquad07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Casper, WY
 has been a member for 10 years
rottensquad07 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
What do you think compared to your F7 and Threshy?
__________________
-Sky blue/graphite Dye DM11-

-Black/black Planet Eclipse Etek 3-
rottensquad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:39 PM #15
Tito=PBL
murituris te saluto
 
Tito=PBL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jersey
hot
__________________
CHRISTKREW


Originally posted by Biohaz4rd:" ^yep, listen to tito. He covered pretty much everything."
Originally posted by FallenHero_08:" tito, its clearly too early for you to post. lol"
Tito=PBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:55 PM #16
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography
 
xluben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
i look at all guns as a performance vs. price, and i do think that the f8 is a
good value vs. both the fusion and threshold. before i got the f8 i was a firm
believer that the fusion was far superior mostly due to the extremely low
cost of them brand new right now. paying double the price for a new f8 is
not really worth it, imo.

but if you can get a good deal on an f8 then the price gap gets much smaller
(especially vs. a bnib le fusion), and then i do think the f8 is worth it. it
really does feel like a whole higher level of a gun. just the look/feel of it is
different. it does shoot similarly, but i think dp did a good job changing only
what was needed.

i still do like the threshold slightly more. the f8's "hump" does feel good in
your hands, and it's not nearly as wide as it looks in the pictures, but i still
prefer the single tube design of the threshold. the price of the threshold is a
little higher than i'd like. i don't really like the idea of paying a lot for milling
or a "rare" gun. the used prices of the threshold at the moment are a very
good deal.

BUT once the G3 comes out i think i'll prefer it over the f8 in just about every
way. not that the f8 is a bad gun, i will probably still keep it, but i just like
the design of the g3 so much. it's all the improvement i'd ever wanted above
a threshold (minus a good board....)

so:
fusion vs. f8, shoot similar, f8 feels much better
f8 vs. threshold, both shoot great, threshold feels better, better trigger
f8 vs. threshold vs. g3, who knows? i think i'll like the g3
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:06 PM #17
[insert funny name]
*random thoughts occur*
 
[insert funny name]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
i look at all guns as a performance vs. price, and i do think that the f8 is a
good value vs. both the fusion and threshold. before i got the f8 i was a firm
believer that the fusion was far superior mostly due to the extremely low
cost of them brand new right now. paying double the price for a new f8 is
not really worth it, imo.

but if you can get a good deal on an f8 then the price gap gets much smaller
(especially vs. a bnib le fusion), and then i do think the f8 is worth it. it
really does feel like a whole higher level of a gun. just the look/feel of it is
different. it does shoot similarly, but i think dp did a good job changing only
what was needed.

i still do like the threshold slightly more. the f8's "hump" does feel good in
your hands, and it's not nearly as wide as it looks in the pictures, but i still
prefer the single tube design of the threshold. the price of the threshold is a
little higher than i'd like. i don't really like the idea of paying a lot for milling
or a "rare" gun. the used prices of the threshold at the moment are a very
good deal.

BUT once the G3 comes out i think i'll prefer it over the f8 in just about every
way. not that the f8 is a bad gun, i will probably still keep it, but i just like
the design of the g3 so much. it's all the improvement i'd ever wanted above
a threshold (minus a good board....)

so:
fusion vs. f8, shoot similar, f8 feels much better
f8 vs. threshold, both shoot great, threshold feels better, better trigger
f8 vs. threshold vs. g3, who knows? i think i'll like the g3

Sounds great. Do you know the price tag on the g3?
__________________
"The crows are calling my name", said caw.
Christ Krew
[insert funny name] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:38 PM #18
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography
 
xluben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
G3 is $430
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:39 PM #19
p8ntballer30
 
 
p8ntballer30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Florida
 has been a member for 10 years
Thats it? They havent released when its coming out yet right? Oh by the way nice F8, it was that or a thresy for me, but I went with the thresy.
p8ntballer30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:01 PM #20
HoldinItDown247
Shoot. Kill. Win.
 
HoldinItDown247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: *317*
What online places sell F8's right now?
HoldinItDown247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:13 PM #21
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography
 
xluben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballer30 View Post
Thats it? They havent released when its coming out yet right? Oh by the way nice F8, it was that or a thresy for me, but I went with the thresy.
yeah, IMO very good deal compared to the threshy.

i've owned fusion(s), F8, and threshy.

i did like the threshy slightly better than this, but NIB price is higher. with the lower NIB price of the G3, i'd take it over the F8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldinItDown247 View Post
What online places sell F8's right now?
i've gotten all my DP stuff from paintball genie, but if you check google or ebay you can find many others.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump