PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-27-2013, 07:36 PM #1
Colreb

Tactical Helmets

Hey guys,
I was wondering if there were any good tactical helmets out there that are inxpensive for paintball use? Here are my criteria...

1) Must be able to fit over goggles

2) Must have padding inside and possibly a neck strap

3) Must take over 350fps or less and not ware and tare

4) Inexpensive

I have been looking at a helmet made by Rothco, Rap4, and Gen X Global. There may be more out there but these are the main ones I've found. So far I like the Rothco ones, but not sure how well plastic will hold up to paintball.

Any suggestions? Also, it needs to fit a helmet cover.

Thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2013, 08:58 PM #2
hardboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colreb View Post
Hey guys,
I was wondering if there were any good tactical helmets out there that are inxpensive for paintball use? Here are my criteria...

1) Must be able to fit over goggles

2) Must have padding inside and possibly a neck strap

3) Must take over 350fps or less and not ware and tare

4) Inexpensive

I have been looking at a helmet made by Rothco, Rap4, and Gen X Global. There may be more out there but these are the main ones I've found. So far I like the Rothco ones, but not sure how well plastic will hold up to paintball.

Any suggestions? Also, it needs to fit a helmet cover.

Thanks!

Here at the 1SS panzer Korps, we use old ww2 German helmets. There like 50 bucks on EVILBAY. There steel, fit over most face masks. Also very intimidating. Will stop all paintballs and small caliber rounds....Has leather chinstrap and leather linings to protect your grape.
The Black Korps
hardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:32 PM #3
jesse370

jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Helmets are fun no doubt, but I found I got a lot of cheap breaks on the top of my head I think might otherwise had bounce or sail right over my head….

That and damn when you get hit good in the helmet it is loud as hell.
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:34 PM #4
STRIP3S
Stumpf

STRIP3S plays in the PSP
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STRIP3S plays in the APPA D4 division
All the helmets you are looking at are good enough for paintball. I have not seen a paintball go through any of them. Honestly, I would stay from Gen-X stuff (that's just me).
XFT

GEARBAG SALE - TOO MANY ITEMS TO LIST
STRIP3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:59 PM #5
Eddie9195
AKA scphantom

I bought a cheap snowboarding helmet off of ebay. I had to cut away some of the foam inside the helmet for it to fit around the mask. It is super light weight too.

www.okcompanypaintball.com
Eddie9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:27 PM #6
majgi

check out Lancer tactical they are airsoft helmets but are probably what your looking for.
majgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:47 PM #7
Colreb

Thanks for the info guys. I'm staying away from the Gen-X helmets. I read bad reviews on them at ANS Gear. Final question, would this helmet cover fit any of the helmets from Rothco? Would you recommend those helmets from airsoftclub that are made specifically for those helmet covers?

USGI MICH TC-2000 ACH Helmet Cover Tiger Stripe Camo #A

USGI MICH TC-2000 ACH Helmet Cover Version 1
Old 01-10-2014, 03:50 AM #8
Epsidufus

In case your still looking, found a military surplus website that sells helmets. They say it is hardened plastic, good for paintball, airsoft, etc. Has chin straps and padded inside etc.

http://www.imsplus.com/mich-2000-style-helmet.html

That's what I would want personally, but they have another somewhere on the website
I've done my time in hell

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/NEED THIS GONE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post81166729
Epsidufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:30 AM #9
ProjectDA

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D7F...sc_sfl_image_1

I would imagine that this will work, also can find then in other colors and camos.
Plus if you ever want to mount a camera, bamm. 2 rails, and a front clap.
ProjectDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:21 AM #10
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
Here's what I use. Hope this helps.
Later,
Blackrain

Gen X Global Helmet:

http://www.genxglobalinc.com/

I was at a recent Super Game in Oregon:

Supergame

I knew I would need some head protection and decided to buy a Tony Hawk Skate helmet. Well after modifying it and making it fit,it still didn't feel comfortable. So I went out with just a bandana and ended up taking a head shot. Yea it hurt.

So the next day at the event I decided to check out Extreme Velocity venders booth to see if anything new had been placed out.

Extreme Velocity -- Cheap Paintball Guns, evil paintball, Paintball Masks, reloaders

Then I saw it,the GEN X GLOBAL helmet. It was very light weight and just the perfect color,OD Green. This is a Kevlar shaped helmet.

I tried it on with my DYE I3 and it was a perfect fit. The cost to me was just $14.00,but that could have been Event Day Special Price.
The problem I have always had with helmets, dealers couldnot tell me if they would fit with my Mask or not. That's the advantage of being at big events or your local shops selling them. Vendors are your best friends at Big Events.

This is a real nice set up. I was able to use my fan underneath it and even when I didn't use my fan,I didn't fog up for several hours. However I was using Fog Doc

Fogdoc - Your Prescription to Clarity - Antifog and Steam Removal

on my lenses,so that helped alot. I thought that the helmet provided enough air flow to keep me cool. I sweat alot,and I didn't notice an excessive sweating with the helmet on my head.

I did take a few shots on the head and I could hear them instead of feeling them,which made my day more enjoyable. I knew when I was hit in the head,because of the ECHO PING that I could hear. I got a paint check and a few times there weren't any breaks,but Ricochets off the helmet.

Personally I feel it's well worth the price for head protection. I've taken a few that have hurt and for those who are still shooting Monster Ball this might just be your best protection against the painful hit assocciated with the paint.

Head shots aren't nice and I would advise anyone to buy head protection. I finally got lucky finding what really fit and actually worked for me. Plus it gives you that great milsim look.

So just follow links I posted and give the fine folks at Extreme Velcoity a call.

I imagine if I put slits in the bill area I could get better ventilation for my fan system,but it works great for now as is.

Side view:

Rear view of who distributes the helmet,so I take it that GEN X GLOBAL does the distibution to dealers:

Adjustable webbing:

Single strap security:

Later,
Blackrain
Old 04-22-2014, 08:43 AM #11
thpike
Battle Buddy

Annual Supporting Member
thpike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike supports Empire
I don't have specifics yet but I know we are ordering some Valken helmets. I haven't seen them in person but I'm sure I'll have them for our May game. I'll let you know more when I get it. They have a mount system on the front.
Valken Corps
Great Lakes Region
Looking for a great player oriented store in Michigan? www.contactpb.com
thpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:51 PM #12
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike View Post
I don't have specifics yet but I know we are ordering some Valken helmets. I haven't seen them in person but I'm sure I'll have them for our May game. I'll let you know more when I get it. They have a mount system on the front.
I just saw a picture of the helmet. They are just a standard helmet you can buy anywhere. However they do have a good price at $39.00

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ts&FORM=I GRE

I own one of these. Different name brand. They work excellent with the RAP4 helmet.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 06-25-2014, 01:07 AM #13
SpeedBracer
SpeedBracer

instead of helmet, JT flex 8 full head mask? thoughts, and thanks
SpeedBracer is offline   Reply With Quote