PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-23-2008, 06:18 PM #43
z_series0000
Mr. Mef

z_series0000 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
z_series0000 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mainstream -> numetal -> alternative/rock -> screamo -> hardcore/metal -> gangsta rap..? -> hip hop/blues/ska/punk/classic rock/acoustic...my taste has changed quite a bit. i lean more towards the innovative/artistic spectrum of music now a days.

Last edited by z_series0000 : 03-23-2008 at 06:20 PM.
z_series0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2008, 10:33 PM #44
Scott5290
Midwest.

I listened to all that popular crap you see on MTV for almost all 8th grade (never really cared about music until then) Then my friends took me to go see a Lamb of God concert so now its nothing but hardcore metal. I never really got into bands like Metallica or AC/DC, i respect the bands for being some of the first metal bands that brought a new generation of music to the world, but i just dont really enjoy the music as much.
Scott5290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:47 PM #45
luisgodzilla99
No Magmes

Started off with alternative, Eve 6, Barenaked Ladies etc. Then some nu metal stage which sucked,
In my younger teen years, got in to a lot of punk, older stuff.
Got really in to metal in my first years of high school like Trivium, In Flames, Amon Amarth. Got in to Grindcore, Melodic Death, Brutal Death, Power Metal, quite a bit
Currently have been really in to Electronic, all kinds though, psy trance, electronic metal, goa, 1200 Micrograms are amazing, Infected, GMS, DJ Tiesto, Alien Project
Also a lot of 80's American hardcore punk.
Ska-Punk, Reggae of course, chill music, horror punk, Psychobilly Punk and a lot of experimental music. I have a much better and more wide selection of music now.

Last edited by luisgodzilla99 : 03-10-2009 at 09:56 AM.
luisgodzilla99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:56 PM #46
skillyherman
Thanatosensitivity

6-9: Motown, oldies, light rock, some reggae (whatever my parents listened to mostly)

10-12: Metal, punk-skate rock, rap, ska

13-15: Indie (folk and dance), Classic rock, rap (non mainstream), reggae, jazz, funk, progressive, ambient.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:36 AM #47
[JUSTIN]
●LOVE●

1. Tom Petty, CCR, ...
2. Poison, Motley Crue, ...
3. 3 Doors Down, Incubus, ...
4. REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, ...
5. Tom Petty, CCR, ...
6. Taking Back Sunday, Modest Mouse, ...
7. Dave Barnes, Matt Wertz, ...
8. Dispatch, Stars, ...
[JUSTIN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 AM #48
risingchaos
Stankin Nugs

risingchaos is a Paintball photographer
risingchaos supports Team VICIOUS
Mainstream>classic rock>rap>alt. rock>indie pop>indie alt., experimental, & Reggae
ZHays Design - Graphic Design | Photography
risingchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:11 PM #49
ProCarbinesRule! (Banned)
Man made God

started with Immortal, opeth, Burzum, Electric wizard> Killswitch Engage, Devil Wears Prada, Job for a Cowboy> green day, offspring, korn> now mainly Polka and Folk a lil bit of sitar.
ProCarbinesRule! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:26 PM #50
AK407

all american rejects,fall out boy,linkin park,MCR,gwen stacy,Devil wears prada,for the fallen dreams. all this change in under 2 years i just feel the need for more bass and heavier music
AK407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:27 PM #51
ProCarbinesRule! (Banned)
Man made God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK407 View Post
all american rejects,fall out boy,linkin park,MCR,gwen stacy,Devil wears prada,for the fallen dreams. all this change in under 2 years i just feel the need for more bass and heavier music
you want heavy. listen to nile or electric wizard.
ProCarbinesRule! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:06 PM #52
postman50
bow down to Boss Tweeeed

went from classic rock (AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, eagles etc.)

then went heavier and started to listen to metal (slayer, pantera, lamb of god etc.)

then eased off and listened to old time rock and roll (chuck berry, buddy holly, fats domino etc.)

then eased even farther back and got into the blues (robert johnson, bb king, muddy waters etc.)

now i've gotten into old and outlaw country pretty recently (david allan coe, hank williams jr. and sr., johnny cash, loretta lynn etc.)
Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 PM #53
ghostcell

has been a member for 10 years
I've listened to basically everything in my lifetime. Never got into country though.

Now I'm listening mostly to Blues, Jazz, and only a few classic rock bands. I hate most classic rock, like ACDC, etc..
Old 03-25-2008, 08:13 PM #54
Mr. Ando (Banned)

This is a huge over generalization but here goes

Bealtes/whatever else my parents put on -->Top 40-->Alternative Rock -->Classic Rock

Around here I rediscovered my parent's beatles CDs and slowly started weaning myself off bad music-->Blues--> Jazz--> Flamenco--->Baroque---> Classical ---> Ambient Chamber music and basically everything I like today
Mr. Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:44 PM #55
IforImpulse
I like Pie

classic rock-nu-metal-punk-hardcore/ska-metal/grindcore

I've hung on to everything from punk onward.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:31 PM #56
civaz22
the name is Carlos

From when my dad got me my first cd, to when my sister screwed up my musical taste, to when I started to develop my own taste, to when I went through phases, to now (bliss). :

Classic Rock -> **** pop -> Whatever was on MTV -> Reggeaton -> Hip-Hop & Rap -> Heavy metal -> Reggae -> older stuff like the beatles -> PRESENT, where I listen to a lot of different stuff and what I listen to depends on my mood.

Now some of the stuff I listen to is:

Blonde Redhead, System of a Down, Bob Marley, Tokyo Police Club, Ra Ra Riot, Korn, Ziggy Marley, Damien Marley, Blink-182, Army of the Pharaohs, Calle 13, Bright Eyes, Café Tacuba, Damien Rice, The Classic Crime, Buckfast Superbee, Green Olive Tree, Gogol Bordello, Eminem, Death Cab for Cutie, The Generators, Immortal Technique, Jack Johnson, Matisyahu, Placebo, Orishas, NaS, Kanye West, Saosin, Slighty Stoopid, Sparta, Vampire Weekend, Unkle Bob, Taking Back Sunday, Statistics, Sufjan Stevens, etc. etc. etc.
civaz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:53 PM #57
apunkjunkie

Wow we've got some young ones here....lol now I feel old.

Elementary School (80's) - I rocked out with my Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer tapes. I was too legit to quit.

Middle School - I got into grunge after Kurt died (I was interested in what the big deal was)...so basically Nirvana, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. I also started listening to Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, and other classic rock. Also, Korn had just come out with their first album and I started getting into them. I was also first introduced to punk with Offspring's "Smash" album and fell in love.

High School - I continued to listen to the stuff from middle school, but I got into rap rock with Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock with a slew of other bands that really sucked now that I look back on it (still have it on my I-Tunes ). I did the rap/rock thing and dabbled in some lighter stuff like Cake and Presidents of the United States of America and began my concert going. Unfortunately my mom was regulating my CDs at the time and I didn't get much of what I wanted.

College - I seriously got into the punk/hardcore scene in Atlanta (which there isn't much). I was going to punk concerts at least once a month, sometimes more. I began listening to Pennywise, The Vandals, The Casualties, NOFX, etc. I would just go to record stores and pick up random CDs or browse the internet and download music off of Napster (back when it first started, before Metallica started suing their fans). I was also into techno after seeing Moby in concert...my god, he's one of the best performers I've ever seen live.

Now - I listen to a little bit of everything. I still love some of my "nu" metal, grunge, hardcore, punk, classic rock, etc....but I've incorporated some old school country and some rap.

I put all my CDs (that I could find) into my I-Tunes and I have to skip certain bands, because frankly, they suck and I don't know what I was thinking. It's probably what Twitch said, it appealed to me because I was an angry high school kid.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:03 PM #58
ghettoballer133
Queen City Killaz

pop>rap>harder rock>ska>punk>techno>**** rap>good rap>techno>ska

it changes everyday between some sort of rock/rap/techno. even listen to some jambands like ekoostik hookah and one under
oldfeedback
ghettoballer133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:22 AM #59
Akira2188 (Banned)

like alot of people I went from popular rock (blink 182, sum 41, offspring etc) to more harder rock and numetal then to screamo and hardcore. But at this point I still listen to alot of the same music as I used to, I still listen to offspring, slipknot, disturbed. But i have greatly broadened my music tastes to basically everything but country. What I listen to changes with my mood, but I usually listen to the same band constantly and then ill change to a new band after a while. Right now it is In Flames.
Akira2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:56 AM #60
BigDawgyDawg
There's Haters Afoot.

I used to be a huge metalhead. Then i started to consume a lot more drugs and moved towards ska/rock such as Modest Mouse/Indie/rap somtimes when i drive

- Leonardo da Vinci
BigDawgyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:51 PM #61
bjiggs

gay boy bands(nsync, backstreet) back in the day, then to ****ty rap with meaningless cursing(thought it was cool to sing along to the thong song and ja rule), then to rock like linkin park, rhcp and the offspring in middle school, then to the good rap(jay-z, nas, etc.), next on to the thug stuff like 50 cent, big into wu tang and lil wayne, went through a stage where i solely listened to modest mouse odd as that is, then on to random coldplay and kanye west and now to a mix of everything i ever listened to in the past(minus the boy bands) but plus more rock like incubus and random bands like feist, just jack, john mayer, gym class heroes, gorillaz, ghostface, lily allen, mia, the streets, weezer and so on
bjiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:25 PM #62
ghostcell

I don't like when people classify Hendrix under Classic Rock.

What is this nonsense?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 PM #63
ThatsWhatSheSaidV.2 (Banned)
^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjiggs View Post
gay boy bands(nsync, backstreet) back in the day, then to ****ty rap with meaningless cursing(thought it was cool to sing along to the thong song and ja rule), then to rock like linkin park, rhcp and the offspring in middle school, then to the good rap(jay-z, nas, etc.), next on to the thug stuff like 50 cent, big into wu tang and lil wayne, went through a stage where i solely listened to modest mouse odd as that is, then on to random coldplay and kanye west and now to a mix of everything i ever listened to in the past(minus the boy bands) but plus more rock like incubus and random bands like feist, just jack, john mayer, gym class heroes, gorillaz, ghostface, lily allen, mia, the streets, weezer and so on
I love Lily Allen. I feel a little ashamed for saying so. But I love most of those female British pop singers, I guess it's from when I lived in London it's all that I ever heard.
ThatsWhatSheSaidV.2 is offline   Reply With Quote