any information would help thank you

Jake

dynasty jersey
bulldog1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:52 PM #2
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

has been a member for 10 years
There will be a series like I told you guys during the spring-fall months...the exact dates are to be announced still, but more solid information should be available by this Sunday.

There is a 3-man coming up in April at the PASS but that is already full...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:16 PM #3
gambit711
Sniper in the Trees

snagged this from IP it should be a pimp tournament

Snake River Paintball Players League
5 Man Open - 3 Man Beginners

This year Idaho and Oregon are putting together a series of events that will begin April and follow monthly through September. We will be holding 2 in Idaho Falls, 2 in Burley, and 2 in Ontario. Each event will be ran in a basic NPPL format for points collectivly over the the season.

Although 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be presented at each event, the overall prize for the season is a cash pot. Beginners minimum $900.00 Open class $1500.00.

This year we will offer a BBQ paintball social, this will take place from 6pm to 10pm Friday evenings before each event, tickets $5.00 with enrollments or $7.00 at field.

Camping will be available at each location. No open fires, BBQ's only.

EVENT SCHEDULE

APRIL 26 BURLEY - MAY 17 OPC
JUNE 21 SHELLEY - JULY 19 OPC
AUG. 16 BURLEY - SEPT. 27 SHELLEY

For more information, call (208) 455-3462 or 761-5303
Live or Let Die! My Future is Now!
gambit711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:59 PM #4
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

Meh, I wouldn't want to go to OPC so I will PASS...
Old 03-13-2008, 11:24 PM #5
gambit711
Sniper in the Trees

go to the other ones Jordan. Might as well play as many local tourneys as you can. You know you want too. the pass tourney is going to be fun hopefully they get some teams for the beginner brackets.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:25 PM #6
gambit711
Sniper in the Trees

the one thing thats going to suck is i haven't played since september 15th and got a new gun that hasn't been broken in yet.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:14 AM #7
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

Well, my team still has to finalize our tournament schedule this year and see what we can afford/want to do for sure. I just know I really want to play more competitively this season; I'm kind of getting sick of local tournaments to be honest. We will be helping out with the PASS and their 5-man series as much as possible with reffing and set-up.

So far I think I have a pretty sick roster going. We should be pushing 10 solid people on our roster shortly. And all of them are young, in shape, and very fast. We will see if I can get everyone trained quick enough to be above par players so we can take some titles this season.

The 3-man tournament is going to be very interesting.

Last edited by Bob Bobbity : 03-15-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Bob Bobbity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:54 PM #8
Rambob
Team Violent Child

So who you have playin for you Jordan???
And yes you should be playing 5 and 7 man Tourney's. You know they are good for you.
Idahopaintball.com

Marq 6 Shocker NXT Max'd Ion Among others
Rambob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:54 PM #9
ppsh00ter
names nurm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit711 View Post
snagged this from IP it should be a pimp tournament

Snake River Paintball Players League
5 Man Open - 3 Man Beginners

This year Idaho and Oregon are putting together a series of events that will begin April and follow monthly through September. We will be holding 2 in Idaho Falls, 2 in Burley, and 2 in Ontario. Each event will be ran in a basic NPPL format for points collectivly over the the season.

Although 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be presented at each event, the overall prize for the season is a cash pot. Beginners minimum $900.00 Open class $1500.00.

This year we will offer a BBQ paintball social, this will take place from 6pm to 10pm Friday evenings before each event, tickets $5.00 with enrollments or $7.00 at field.

Camping will be available at each location. No open fires, BBQ's only.

EVENT SCHEDULE

APRIL 26 BURLEY - MAY 17 OPC
JUNE 21 SHELLEY - JULY 19 OPC
AUG. 16 BURLEY - SEPT. 27 SHELLEY

For more information, call (208) 455-3462 or 761-5303

boise anger definately needs 2 enter this!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:00 PM #10
gambit711
Sniper in the Trees

yes you guys do need to play in it.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:04 PM #11
Frido7

Quote:
yes you guys do need to play in it.
we probly will
Frido7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:40 PM #12
Rambob
Team Violent Child

Yeah that is the one that is a need. Since there really isn't a comparable series right now that is worth the cost difference to go play.
Idahopaintball.com

Old 03-19-2008, 09:05 PM #13
Frido7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambob View Post
Yeah that is the one that is a need. Since there really isn't a comparable series right now that is worth the cost difference to go play.
ya it sounds like a good tourny
whens oceanfest or whatever its called
Frido7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:28 PM #14
gambit711
Sniper in the Trees

that's what i want to know it should be pimp
Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 AM #15
gambit711
Sniper in the Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bobbity View Post
Well, my team still has to finalize our tournament schedule this year and see what we can afford/want to do for sure. I just know I really want to play more competitively this season; I'm kind of getting sick of local tournaments to be honest. We will be helping out with the PASS and their 5-man series as much as possible with reffing and set-up.

So far I think I have a pretty sick roster going. We should be pushing 10 solid people on our roster shortly. And all of them are young, in shape, and very fast. We will see if I can get everyone trained quick enough to be above par players so we can take some titles this season.

The 3-man tournament is going to be very interesting.
You need to remember that only 2 of you have tourney experience on your team and the 3 man is going to be most of your teams first tournament. So you might want to go more competitive but the rest of your team is going to get destroyed on a competitive field. Plus the locals are pretty competitive, I remember you guys with a veteran team didn't do so hot at uxpl.

XPSL or NPPL will give you guys a lot of experience. So if you don't mind getting schooled for the first year and gaining experience, I would be all over it. Just don't let losing get to your guys so the team doesn't disband.

Good luck with your season and can't wait for you to school me at the 3 man tourney. I'm so screwed i was going to play this weekend but nooo! going out of town and i'm out of town next weekend so I'm screwed.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:46 PM #16
Rambob
Team Violent Child

Quote:
You need to remember that only 2 of you have tourney experience on your team and the 3 man is going to be most of your teams first tournament. So you might want to go more competitive but the rest of your team is going to get destroyed on a competitive field. Plus the locals are pretty competitive, I remember you guys with a veteran team didn't do so hot at uxpl.

XPSL or NPPL will give you guys a lot of experience. So if you don't mind getting schooled for the first year and gaining experience, I would be all over it. Just don't let losing get to your guys so the team doesn't disband.

Good luck with your season and can't wait for you to school me at the 3 man tourney. I'm so screwed i was going to play this weekend but nooo! going out of town and i'm out of town next weekend so I'm screwed.
I agree with Gambit. While we have had roster changes the people on our team are actually friends first, Ballers second. We share allot of interests and want the same things.
When we lost Joe and Anthony that actually made us stronger. They didnt want to learn and progress and would get angry if we pushed them. When we lost Colton that was bad, I still love the little guy. We had to fill a position with someone else and were lucky that Paul is such a good front player. When we lost Morgan we lost a great aggressive player but it did not hurt us either because Clinton stepped up.
Really we have not let the core team lose interest. We have dinners, movie nights and play video games together. We are not just playing because we can win, in fact we started winning and were surprised that we had advanced that fast. Just play for fun and expect to lose, but train hard and be friends. The winning will happen in due time.
Idahopaintball.com

Old 03-20-2008, 04:38 PM #17
loneperson
CoD Is My LiFe

loneperson supports Cereal Killerz 2
loneperson donated to help Peyton Trent
loneperson supports Team VICIOUS
loneperson is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
loneperson is Legendary
loneperson is Boss
Quote:

Not trying to be rude or anything but who cares if they don't have experience? If they are willing to learn and practice then the people can be amazing. Our practices have been going strong and we are working our way up.

Yeah we didn't do so well at UXPL. I never got to practice with the team so I kinda hurt them a little bit. But we also got stupid penalties and didn't have such a hot team then
loneperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:44 PM #18
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambob View Post
I agree with Gambit. While we have had roster changes the people on our team are actually friends first, Ballers second. We share allot of interests and want the same things.
When we lost Joe and Anthony that actually made us stronger. They didnt want to learn and progress and would get angry if we pushed them. When we lost Colton that was bad, I still love the little guy. We had to fill a position with someone else and were lucky that Paul is such a good front player. When we lost Morgan we lost a great aggressive player but it did not hurt us either because Clinton stepped up.
Really we have not let the core team lose interest. We have dinners, movie nights and play video games together. We are not just playing because we can win, in fact we started winning and were surprised that we had advanced that fast. Just play for fun and expect to lose, but train hard and be friends. The winning will happen in due time.

I made the words that I thought were funny bold.

You guys haven't actually had a team practice since like September, yet here you are bragging up your team and treating me and my team (that you don't know anything about because you guys HAVEN'T played) like I've/we've never played before. I've been playing 1-3 times a weekend for the past 2 years almost now. And played pretty consistently for the 3 years before that also. And our team has been practicing consistently every weekend for several months now. We have an almost entirely new roster and we are starting to meld together finally. I don't really know what to expect once we get into bigger tournaments; but I'm optimistic.

And I honestly don't really understand Bob's post...the only thing I really get from it is...
-Agrees with Gambit
-Plays video games with team
-Eats food with team
-Talks about team roster changes

Okay? Cool.

Hope you guys get your post count high enough so you can play NPPL this season with your roster of 5 people...

Keyboard Ballers
Old 03-20-2008, 05:48 PM #19
Rambob
Team Violent Child

Right and that all plays into it. We have had penalties go against us too. That is part of sports in general. What both of us were saying is practice hard and become a team. Don't expect to win the moment you walk out there. Larger tournaments are allot more aggressive than just practice can get anyone ready for. We have gone against D1 and D2 teams and held our own and lost or been run over. It is a learning process.

Cam, If you are actually getting upset because he and I were giving advice then I am sorry. I think anyone who is not emotionally involved would see that it was not a direct statement as just your team, but all young teams.
Idahopaintball.com

Old 03-20-2008, 05:55 PM #20
Rambob
Team Violent Child

Wow, you must have put that up right as I was doing mine. That is impressive. Such anger from people that we have never harmed in any way. We were just trying to help so once you have a team it stays together. Since every team that either of you have been part of or attempted to put together ended shortly there after. But the sudden anger does surprise me.

Don't worry about us. We can field plenty of people to play at any team size we want. All experienced and all more than able to do their jobs.
Idahopaintball.com

Old 03-20-2008, 06:13 PM #21
gambit711
Sniper in the Trees

dude I didn't mean to knock on your team i was in class writing it fast and didn't have time to edit. cause 2nd tourney you guys rocked. You guys are my friends i'm just saying tourney experience is different from just practicing. I know you can ball Jordan I've seen you ball and same with cam. I even said if you want experience it's a great place to get it if you guys are willing to accept some losses. gaurantee not every tourney the first year. but some losses. Put your mind to it and you'll do good, like bob said just want to see you guys last cause i do see potential at being one of the top quality teams in Idaho.

Cam you still owe me a game of COD4 if i'm ever home

Last edited by gambit711 : 03-20-2008 at 06:19 PM.
ReplyRegional Ups