PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-23-2003, 03:27 PM #1
angry_hippie

has been a member for 10 years
a little info...

My company does a little independent contracting with sp for there computer network.
Anyway 2 weeks ago one of my coworkers (who happens to be one of my good friends) got to go to the SP factory. Now my buddy doesn't play paintball, so you will have to forgive him for this.
Anyway he is getting a tour of he plant and they go through the r&d department. The network manager shows him there new prototype gun (the nerve) and asks him if he wants to shoot it? My buddy has it in his hands and is looking at it when the he is also told that the gun is going to retail at 1500$. This scares my coworker and he says he doesn't want to shoot it and put it down!
oh I wish I had been there.... Mabye next time huh?
Well since my buddie's trip he has been interested in paintball and I'm going to take him out to play in a few weeks. So mabye next time he will shoot the gun....
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2003, 03:28 PM #2
angry_hippie

Also told him 15 to 20 bps. Just thought I would let you know.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:52 PM #3
EvilOne

wait did the network manager actually tell your coworker that he was holding the nerve? cuz if he didnt it could have been a new shocker...or maybe it really was the nerve! what a lucky noob! well hes not really a noob is he until he plays.lol.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:36 PM #4
The Fool
Banned

I heard 'from somewhere' the nerve was supposed to be 25+bps.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:55 PM #5
adidas14

is that even physically possible? what would even feed that fast?
#14 detroit aftermath
Feedback http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=618082

click here for great o-rings
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1155404
Old 07-12-2003, 04:56 PM #6
silencer.1

Why not? The speed is capped at 30bps, the shocktech bushy at 66.6, timmies have recorded speeds of 26bps and some of the better eblades have been clocked at 25bps.

Administator of Woodland Paintball Forums

Custom built E-Blade Eagle "Closed-bolt semi that accepts autococker parts" Here's a picture.
My Feedback Thread
Old 07-12-2003, 06:32 PM #7
adidas14

66.6 bps? i think that is just a marketin thing. you know 666?? 66 bps i know is not physically possible at all.
#14 detroit aftermath
Feedback http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=618082

click here for great o-rings
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1155404
Old 07-12-2003, 07:01 PM #8
ender13
the pb wiggin

66.6 bps is possible, in theory. It just has to do with how fast the gun is capable of cycling. Generally, this number is reached in a test lab where the marker is fired by a computer. There isn't any hopper or other system that can actually feed that fast though, you're right about that. Even if a gun can cycle at 66.6 bps, it will never actually pump that out with physical paintballs.

---
Current Setups
---
Evil Omen

PMI Pirahna EXT PRO 2k3 - AA Barrel

Model 98 (Not Custom) - Tippmann X-Chamber, Dye Excel Barrel, Psycho Ballistics Rocket Cock, Psycho Ballistics Rear Velocity Adjuster
Old 07-12-2003, 07:58 PM #9
The Fool
Banned

Yeah, isn't it on one of the Trauma videos where they talk about the Shocktech bushy. But I think they said the board can do 66.6, not necessarily the marker.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:40 PM #10
angry_hippie

Yes I'm sure it was the nerve. I thought it was the shocker also, but I showed him pictures and he pointed out the nerve.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:43 AM #11
Llama08
rockin the sockhat 4eva

you all forget tehse guys with their "insane bps"marketing scheme forget to mention the horrible, horrible shootdown and terrible, terrible sound of your valve fighting to suck non-existant air into te chambe rto keep up after you reach about 22 bps. why do you think odessy has create but never sold halos capable of 30bps?
Old 07-14-2003, 10:49 AM #12
magster2749
gangster at heart

magster2749 is a Supporting Member
Look at the ****ing Speed! I dont know how fast I shoot when I shoot a teamates speed, but that thing is so incredibly fast! I can easily hit 20, but not sure exactly how fast... and all this is with sensi off because it bonuces to much with sensi.

Feedback - 110+ Positives
Old 07-18-2003, 01:12 AM #13
tHa cLiPsE
Old School Strange

Yes the Speed is insanely fast, and I doubt the Nerve will be able to compete with it, we'll see though.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:50 PM #14
TommyPBSL

by the way, the Angel Speed in capped at 22bps, read the manual. And about a gun hitting 66.6 balls/s, ender13 and Llama08 are completely correct in their statements. You guys, a gun can only get so good, half of how a gun shoots depends on the paintballs your using. So many people get off track of this its incredible. Now i am gonna be the one to say it, a good paint to bore match on any high end gun 800-900+ will result in great accuracy. Back to the rof issue. why be able to shoot 30 or even 66.6 balls/s when no hopper can feed that fast. and even if HALO did come out with a hopper to feed 30bps, the issue of strong enough ball detents come into play, and with stronger ball detents the paintball takes more of a toll on it before it leaves the breech. What the market really needs, and what would really make a gun better, is the weight, consistancy of the reg, height, and compactness, also IMO i think LP (less deforming of the ball when it leaves the breech resulting in better accuracy IMO). The hype of paintball guns is useless half the time, however, its fun, which is why people do it and i find myself doing the same thing. Just speaking my mind, peace!
Old 08-14-2003, 01:17 PM #15
PezKing
Priorities Intact

66.6 bps isn't what yo uthink it is. it means the board checks for a trigger pull 66.6 times every second, it's the same with the SOB board on timmys. the WAS boards cycle as fast as the pneumatics will allow it to.

Team Lethal Injection

Camelot Paintball-for all your paintball needs

MY (PezKing's) FEEDBACK
Old 08-14-2003, 02:58 PM #16
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

Yeah the actual rate of fire shouldnt really concern anyone, because I doubt anyone can reach into the low 30's for bps. I myself am maxed out at about 20 bps on a friends Intimidator. It sounded fine when it shot as well, but yeah, a gun cant really function when it gets into the 30's of bps. The drop down on the balls would be insane. The balls woudl just flop out of the barrel or just only go a couple of inches down the barrel depending on the bore size.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:16 PM #17
suddenpaint
is God

suddenpaint is a Supporting Member
the reason its good for a board to be capped high is that so there are mmore "windows" when the board is looking for a lick to fire the gun...more windows, more opportunities to action the gun...faster rofs..
Old 09-01-2003, 11:14 AM #18
BackLeftIsOut

hey guys check out the Q loader on warpig... Yes it looks quite strange but look at the article. It is said to feed 40-50 balls per second as if can feed the 100+ ball pod in 2 seconds. I dont know a release date but they are currently testing. Dont quote me on 40-50 bps but thats what I got out of the article... Check it out
Old 09-01-2003, 11:15 AM #19
BackLeftIsOut

66 bps is not how fast the gun can cycle its just the amount of bps that the board is capable of.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:18 AM #20
phiend
IV:XX

Quote:
Originally posted by BackLeftIsOut
66 bps is not how fast the gun can cycle its just the amount of bps that the board is capable of.
the board can't cycle 66.6 bps either.
the board can only cycle as fast as the pnuematics can.

the 66.6 (like posted in these thread 3 times already) is how many times the board checks for trigger events. this creates more oppurtunities to produce a higher ROF.

example (using fictional even numbers) your pnuematics can cycle balls up to 4bps. you set your board at 1bps. you pull the trigger 3 times in a second. you fire 1 ball. simple enough.
now you set the board to 3bps. you pull 3 times in a second at .111 .222. and .777 shot #2 is skipped because the board wasn't allowed enough time to reset and check for a event (1 third of a second).
now set your board at 40bps. you can still only shoot 4 a second, but it will reset and check for an event every .025 seconds. much better change of hitting that window and max'in out the ROF.
(note: some boards buffer shots, like in the 3bps example, it would store the .222 event until .333 then fire it.)

thats what the 66.6 does.

from advertising claims i've seen made, several boards check for events as much as a million times a second.

Last edited by phiend : 09-26-2003 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:10 PM #21
shaybo69

1500$ ??? geez

Email- Pres11@aol.com