PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-17-2001, 10:34 PM #1
elsivo

has been a member for 10 years
My friend has been having cocker troubles. One day the gun shoots fine and the next time he takes it out it hacks and wheezes. Is there something seriously wrong with the gun or is it that hes not used to cockers.? He offered to sell it to me and I need to know if it can be salavage without having to buy all new internals. By the way he had it timed by the guy at our field and it still only works on and off.

James
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2001, 10:38 PM #2
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Exactly what is happening, "it hacks and wheezes", isn't a good enough description. When is it happening? Does he oil the gun? Is the bolt in the right way? Is the cocking rod screwed in all of the way? Is air leaking from anywhere?
Old 05-17-2001, 10:42 PM #3
elsivo

I figure everythings in right considering the tech just looked at it. When i mean hacks and wheezes like it wont cock all the way doesnt shoot much co2 out stuff like that Im not a cocker expert so I really dont know whats going on.

James
Old 05-17-2001, 11:01 PM #4
nicklaw17

Not cocking all the way could be a number of things (bad 4-way, timing, etc) but if its having problems with shoot-downs in velocity it could be the in-line reg (assuming he's using one on it). I'd try removing the reg and gassing up directly into the ASA and see if you still have problems (may need retimed after doing this, though).
Wyvern Autococker - #26266
-12" Dye Alum, Palmer Stab, Jackhammer, Custom Milling

Tippmann Model 98 - #127929
-12" CP Barrel, Full Boar RC/RVA, Spring-Work
Old 05-17-2001, 11:13 PM #5
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
You need to adjust the lug. Take an allen wrench stick it in the whole on the top and push it all of the way down.(make sure your bolt isn't in) Then turn until it sounds right again.