Old 05-10-2015, 05:17 PM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
DE - Maple Shade Farm Paintball Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about Maple Shade Farm Paintball. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the Maple Shade Farm Paintball listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2015, 11:20 AM #2
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet supports Ninja Paintball
Maple Shade has two really fun concept/hyper ball fields to play. They are like no other in the area. Fast paced and unforgiving they would be great for 1v1 up to around 10v10. They have lights on the fields which do a great job of illuminating the fields while keeping some shadows to sneak in for night ball.

They also have a woodsball field which I have not played but got to walk. It again looks very interesting, fun to play, and definitely different (which is a great change of pace) from the fields at OXCC, Mansion House, and A2Z.

The staff if super friendly and helpful. I spoke with Alan the owner/manager and he definitely was to build an environment and field for paintball players of all experiences to enjoy. Possible future improvements include, speedball, live music stage, BBQ, etc.

As mentioned, they have two fields with lights, and this means night ball. As they are a family run business (and do not want 14 hour work days) this skews their hours towards later. Opening at 12 or 1PM and closing at 8PM Wednesday through Sunday.

This is not favorable for people that want to get an early start so they can have a relaxing evening, but I have seen a number of players show up and fields early afternoon and complain when they have to leave at 4. Personally I look forward to shooting a bag after work during the week or on the way home from some other plans during the weekend. But I would probably not use this field often as my 6-8 hour Sunday location.

They carry Valken Graffiti and Infinity at the same price. While both feel over priced, if you go after 5PM when there is no entry fee, the overall cost is more in line with other fields.

To sum up:
Very fun and different fields
Great staff
Odd hours (but night ball!)
Price seems a bit high for what they offer, but not bad if after 5PM

Check out some (older, incomplete) photos and video here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4444705

Did we take video or photos of you looking awesome?
Instagram * NHW Paintball * Facebook

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:27 AM #3
Big Maple

Just to clarify.......

We sell graffiti paint. Infinity paint comes with renter/group packages.

Also, we currently have 4 playing areas. 2 hybrid-style fields, woodsball field, and a target gallery.

Thanks!
Big Maple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:50 PM #4
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Maple View Post
Just to clarify.......

We sell graffiti paint. Infinity paint comes with renter/group packages.

Also, we currently have 4 playing areas. 2 hybrid-style fields, woodsball field, and a target gallery.

Thanks!
Good to hear on the paint!

Did we take video or photos of you looking awesome?
Instagram * NHW Paintball * Facebook

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:34 PM #5
rachuff

Just gotta say I love this place.
WHY??? Read on.

They are doing there best to give a best expeirance possible. I think they are doing it right.

The fields I think are all great. Played their first two main feilds many times and yes, you best watch your back. Games can go fast.

Today I played the just opened woods ball course. Same goes here as the other two main fields, watch your back. Plus the addition of a timed games on this course.

This is all to keep you playing and not sitting too long. They want you to play and get your moneys worth and have a good time.

The shooting range has plenty to shoot at too.

As far as pricing. Well they gotta make money to pay the bills. They seem reasonable to me. This is not a cheap sport to play or host.

IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN GEAR YOU JUST NEED TO BUY PAINT!!! THIS IS JUST FOR A LIMITED TIME!!! SOME COME TRY THIS PLACE OUT!!!

Just be sure to give any opinon to the owners. They do listen.
rachuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:13 PM #6
BFRAC10708

I played there a few weekend ago with my brother and 2 other friends, we ended up being the only walk-on's that day (not the fields fault). We ended up playing a lot of 2-2 matches which wasn't that bad and we got a lot of games in.

They got 3 fields up and running, 2 hyper-ball fields and one woods field. The larger of the hyper-ball fields was great, and setup pretty much like a airball field. The other field is pretty small which was great for 2-2 but would be hard to play anything greater then 5-5 on. The woods field which was brand new was also pretty good, with having a lot of cover to get behind and Great for larger matches.

The owners and refs are great and really friendly, and willing to help with anything. They are also vary welcome to suggestions and are really trying to create a great location. The location a perfect being right off of rt. 13, and they have a lot of room to expand (which they are going to I believe). The paint they are selling is really good paint and I didn't have a single break all day, and it's not at a bad price either.

If you want a good relaxed place to go play I would suggest it to anyone!!!!! All and all its a really great field and will be going back to play more.
BFRAC10708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:28 PM #7
sjosephf

Annual Supporting Member
sjosephf owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
sjosephf supports Shocker RSX
sjosephf supports Ninja Paintball
I agree the big hyper ball field is great. I did not like the small one. I think it is more for 50 cal new players. Def like the layout of the place though. Very nice people as well. I love the idea of night play under the lights as well
sjosephf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:03 PM #8
rachuff

Talking Night BALL!!!

I so want to try this!!!!! Can't wait! The first time I ever played was at night many many a moon ago. It would give me a reason to show up during the week after work. Been going here for the past couple months and really don't want to go anywhere else for 3 reasons. Friendly staff, location, and affordable rates.

Here's and example of how friendly.
the day was winding down and well the manager joined in for a couple of the games, it was a much needed slow day . Yes he plays as well as runs the field, then Everyone has gone for the day and i was told i can stay later if i wanted to. there was only about a couple of hours left in the day. So I did. What happened next was a bit of one on one with the manager. Yes it was totally fun.
rachuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:32 PM #9
smoothswade08

Annual Supporting Member
smoothswade08 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
smoothswade08 supports Ninja Paintball
Mmmmmm night ball. I cannot wait to play this field!!!! I may hop over there next week after work to play some. How many players on average attend on a week day evening for night ball? I am currently forming a rec ball team and we may want to stop by in the evenings to play. Sounds like a great atmosphere!! Loving what I hear!!!
smoothswade08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:20 AM #10
Big Maple

Hey, I would recommend you give the clubhouse a call if you're interested in nightball (302-223-8025). We're proud of our fields and night games are a blast, but I would give a call ahead of time to see if there's a crowd there wanting to play. The evenings have really been hit or miss. I just want to make sure there are people there for you to get a game going with.

We also can schedule a reservation for you under the lights if you would be interested and have a group. I'd really like to see a weekly nightball gathering happen. Stop by regardless and check out the fields! Thanks!
Big Maple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:46 AM #11
smoothswade08

Annual Supporting Member
Will do Big Maple! I have started up a rec ball team as well and a couple of us might come to play next week either Wednesday or Thursday 7/29-7/30 probably after 5pm. We all work just north in Newark DE. It would be could to have that weekly nightball game. It would be like a small evening rec league. I'll give you guys a call next week to check the waters. Even if there isnt a big turn out my team doesnt mind shooting against each other ha ha.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:28 AM #12
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 supports Ninja Paintball
What is the turn out for night games. Also any one going this Thursday?

Ion/Gear for sale!/spyders
aclark364 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:55 AM #13
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 supports Ninja Paintball
Had a lot of fun playing here. They have a great start on and off the field. The games were fast passed and down time between games was short. Can't wait to get back.

Ion/Gear for sale!/spyders
aclark364 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:17 PM #14
smoothswade08

Annual Supporting Member
Absolute Blast!! Good group of people out there!! I love the field, small and face pace. Will be going back a lot more in the future!
Old 01-15-2016, 09:32 AM #15
smoothswade08

Annual Supporting Member
Havent been there in a while but got dreams of Maple Shade. Need to get back out there again.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:42 PM #16
smoothswade08

Annual Supporting Member
Maple Shade has announced on their Facebook page that a new field there will be open in June. Be sure to go out and check it out!!!
Old 06-27-2016, 11:54 AM #17
smoothswade08

Annual Supporting Member
Played some paintball at Maple Shade again this last Saturday. Had a blast as always! Their new field is open and runs nice and smooth. Its a little bit of a change up from their other fields and has its own unique flow due to different bunker types. Make sure you guys go out and check it out.

Remember these guys are open:
Wed - Sat: 12-8pm
Sundays : 1-8pm

If you go on a weekday night make sure you give them a call to see if there are other people there so you don't show up to an empty field. A lot of people forget they are open some weekdays. ALSO THEY HAVE LIGHTS FOR NIGHT PLAY!
ReplyRegional Ups