Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-25-2016, 03:14 PM #1
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?

has been a member for 10 years
Paintball Field in the Salisbury, MD area

Im curious and looking for support on this:

Who would like to see a paintball field come back to Salisbury, MD? There isnt a single reliable paintball field on the eastern shore(outside of OXCC which is not really the eastern shore), which is mind-boggling to me. Delmarva Paintball had tax issues and closed down due to an audit - not because of lack of business.

Who would be interested in this?
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2016, 05:31 PM #2
dj red dog

has been a member for 10 years
dj red dog plays in the APPA D5 division
Good luck, but may I suggest you, or whoever has the idea of opening up a paintball field in or around Salisbury take a pass and invest your money into something else. If you have "fluff" money and want to spend it for the hell of it, go for it, but if you are looking to make a profit and a living, paintball is not the answer in this market. I've been involved with the sport since 1988, and even used to run my own field in Laurel, DE back in the early 90s. The "good ol days" of paintball in this region is simply dead. Most people have switched over to a low cost and affordable solution, Air Soft. When DP was open in 2004-2010 or whatever, paintball was in it's heyday for speedball, thus people traveled from NJ, PA, etc. Now with OXCC, and LVP, and Top Gun, etc. these people have no need to travel 2+ hours to play.

Could you host a tournament and draw some teams from those areas, of course, but it will be slim pickings especially with the GPL, EPL, and PGPL type of leagues that are attracting teams on a regular basis. If you do decide to do it, your focus has to be 95% on the scenario/woodsball business and 5% on the speedball business.
ReplyRegional Ups