Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 AM #22
Maclete
Yea, I'm that old guy...

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontMenDie1st View Post
wat if you have fast finger on like a spyder or .... a tippmann are they going to pull you for shooting those to fast!

the rules are more than reasonable, practice at 13.33 because thats wat you play at, less bps for games that have newer players to limit their pain. sounds good to me
Yes they will most likely pull you. I like the idea, will make the game more fun. I for one was not a fan of ramping (I'm right there with Lionhrt), maybe because I was clocked at faster than 17 on semi , but that means nothing. I for one will turn my guns down and be happy about it.....

eBay Feedback PBNation Feedback ShockerOwners Feedback
R.I.P Mom 7/7/1941 - 1/19/2006, Gayle D - NIU Shooting Victim 9/29/1987 - 2/14/2008
[ZDSPB.com] your one stop PB fix it store.
Maclete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2008, 09:08 AM #23
B i s c u i t s
Pilsbury Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJunkie9015 View Post
^^^^^^^^
i fully agree that rec ball should be lowered so that first timers and newbs dont get driven away..but thats just it..its rec ball..its for fun..we are tourny ballers..and the fast shooting makes the game harder for the front players to make such aggressive moves..and to mention..alot of boards dont go down to 13 balls per second..so now some of us will have to go out and spend more money to either get a new board that will support it..or get a new gun seeing as how manufacturers will most likely make boards that comply with the rule..ill play at this new rule but i fully do not agree with it at all for the tourny players
You have to understand, this isn't just the Badlandz saying "Oh hey, we're going to cap our ROF at 13bps just because we feel like it."

This is an industry wide change, and since the Badlandz teams are PSP / NXL focused teams they are going to enforce the same rules that those teams will have enforced upon them at events.

Does buying new software suck? Yeah, absolutely, I have to put a new board in my Ego to comply with these rules but its going to start happening everywhere you go.

So, overall, what would be the point of allowing teams to shoot higher than 13bps when the leagues and I believe the Chi-Town Series aren't going to allow you to? The extra 2 bps is just going to give you a crutch, you'll depend on that to be there when you come off the break and drop your lanes and then its not there.

Its a huge change but its something everyone is going to have to get used to, across the board. The economy is **** right now, the industry is struggling, and capping the ROF in the "big leagues" is one way for them to shore up their costs a bit.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:29 AM #24
cwadarkone
ruben garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by B i s c u i t s
Its a huge change but its something everyone is going to have to get used to, across the board. The economy is **** right now, the industry is struggling, and capping the ROF in the "big leagues" is one way for them to shore up their costs a bit.
Wouldnt they be losing money cause all other tourny players that pay for there paint will be using less i would think it equals out for them to the same
+7 New Feedback +11Old Feedback(8 gun trades)
Amor De Rey
LOOKING FOR A D4 TEAM THAT PRACTICES AT FOX.
cwadarkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:43 AM #25
B i s c u i t s
Pilsbury Tough

Think about how many teams have paint deals, think about how much revenue is lost per case for those companies. By reducing the ROF, they are reducing the amount of paint those teams shoot, in turn reducing the loss they take per case of paint by selling it cheap or discounting it. Now each case they don't sell at an event can be sold at its full retail value to people who don't carry a sponsorship with that company. This is especially true for teams that receive free or nearly free paint.

Money is the driving force behind everything, and when the economy takes a dive, an industry like ours has to cut the fat where they can to ensure that they survive.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 PM #26
DarkEnigma
In Silence We Are Free

DarkEnigma donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkEnigma supports our troops
DarkEnigma is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
Makes perfect sense for team practice... follows the PSP rules for a PSP field.

Also makes recreational play more friendly for all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.4life View Post

/thread
Chemical Corps
Houston Heat - Dizon #4
DarkEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:54 PM #27
Wokaloo
XP!

Wokaloo is a Supporting Member
Wokaloo supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsOutkastKid View Post
There is none, especially when you can have a Ion or something that'll easily hit 13.333bps and perform just as well as a Ego, DM, PM, etc... so for those of us who spent a lot of money on a new gun this year we pretty much get the shaft.
there are still plenty of fields and tournaments that allow uncapped semi. so your shiny new gun isn't necessarily a waste.
Wokaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:41 PM #28
O'Doyle

The 13.33 is good for team practices, but making every1 else shot 11 bps thats just stupid
O'Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:22 PM #29
eisch

played badlands sunday walkon... woods all day.. still shot two cases.. with my revy on top.. lightest my rig has been in years..

I didnt know they capped the bps so I just slowed down my hopper...
worked great...

ps I got halos for trade for old revolutions now---- joke...
Old 03-20-2008, 08:12 PM #30
Phantom104 (Banned)
Professional Troll

Phantom104 plays in the PSP
Phantom104 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Phantom104 supports Team VICIOUS
Phantom104 is an NCPA National Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empir3 89 View Post
i heard that 13 bps is for nxl and for divisional its 12 bps... I haven't read over the rules so i dunno how much of that is bull****... either way... its necessary to practice with the correct bps...

yepp296... i hope you have fun practicing at 15 then when you get to a tournament you cant shoot ****...

have fun
its 13.3 all around
Phantom104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:35 PM #31
CFD323
Retired

no, it's 13.33
Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 PM #32
violent
capt. Jay

Without ramp, no one can sustain 15 bps

Plenty of tests/contests scientific studies by nasa prove that people can not shoot 15 so why have that cap up there so high?

BUT, they have to cap it somewhere...or else people would be dead by the torrent of hell released from my sl66

13.33 is not just a number that they came up with, this is the range that some people with very fast fingers can hit without ramp....so, with ramping now the norm, they know that people are going to ramp right up to the limit...so 13.33...

13 is still fast, I can hardly tell the difference 2bps is nothing. Overall, you probably arent going to save any money on paint...

It seemed to work out at OK pheonix, the fields are opened up a bit more, and I saw awesome plays!

Chicago Conmen

The Badlandz
violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:38 PM #33
stabbedu2
***MIDWEST***

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwadarkone View Post
Wouldnt they be losing money cause all other tourny players that pay for there paint will be using less i would think it equals out for them to the same
plus have you ever been back in the NXL pits???? the paint they go through is amazing
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY DYE AND DRAXXUS Jason Towlie Calef fan club #3
stabbedu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:07 PM #34
leprechaun8942
The One Man Thrill Ride

Annual Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 is a Moderator
leprechaun8942 is a Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 is playing at Living Legends VII
leprechaun8942 supports Team VICIOUS
My only question about this is what about people with boards that only have one level of fire, semi or 15bps ramp/full auto, such as Marq series and Protege guns?
leprechaun8942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:22 PM #35
cwadarkone
ruben garcia

Every company now offers to flash your board for free to 13pbs. Still can't play walk on games though since we can't do 11bps due to our cap at 13 after flash. God knows most semi decent players can walk a 13 easy consisently with a nicely upped gun.
Amor De Rey
Old 03-21-2008, 10:08 PM #36
pntballer27 v2.0
Eric Siziz

pntballer27 v2.0 plays in the PSP
pntballer27 v2.0 plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm fine with team practice being capped at 13.33 since that's the new PSP rule. But as previously stated, why make rec ball 11? All that does is make it more of an obstacle for team practice people to play rec ball.

To go along with what biscuits was saying, Not only did they slow down the BPS, but they also restricted the length of the matches to 5 pts in lower divisions, and 7 in the NXL.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:35 PM #37
cwadarkone
ruben garcia

Just do what I did. Spend all that money a new shiny expensive marker to play team practice. But use ur crapptacular ion u have in the bottom of your gear bag that is collecting dust to play open games.
Amor De Rey
Old 03-22-2008, 12:07 AM #38
skeletar
The Shootist

skeletar is a Supporting Member
skeletar is a Professional paintball player
skeletar plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun8942 View Post
My only question about this is what about people with boards that only have one level of fire, semi or 15bps ramp/full auto, such as Marq series and Protege guns?
It's called a revvy.

Or just get some decent software.
skeletar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:38 PM #39
koolaidman
Ninja in Training

koolaidman is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B i s c u i t s View Post
This is a change for the better, and its going to be happening across the U.S.

Stop complaining, and bring your game up. Nobody in rec-ball needs to be shooting over 11bps to begin with. Rec-ball is the fun side of paintball, where people get a taste of the game. Like LionheartSDI said, if you want to overshoot some kids that are out for their first time you're just driving people away from the sport. Each person you drive away takes money out of stores and field owner's pockets, driving their prices up.

My advice, if you're playing rec-ball, invest in a Shocktech slide frame cocker, a pre-Brass Eagle revvy, and go to town.

"omg i cn nawt shoot 23bps n e moar? wtf man! i h8 u payntbal!"
i agree with the rule changes...when ever i have time to play in the woods....i usually only bring 2-3 pods and usually only shoot those 2 pods for 2 games...and at a tournament...different story i carry 7 @ the last event and shot @ most 6 pods in 1 game...the only 1 real problem right now some of the boards cant go that low...and dont quote me on this last time i did a lil bit of research...tado only went to 14...unless they came out with their new software update recently...and like what u said carl...no1 needs to be shooting more than 11 in woods ball...hell ive been out there with my pump and shot out more ppl than ppl with ramping guns...
Old 03-23-2008, 02:41 PM #40
koolaidman
Ninja in Training

koolaidman is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B i s c u i t s View Post
Think about how many teams have paint deals, think about how much revenue is lost per case for those companies. By reducing the ROF, they are reducing the amount of paint those teams shoot, in turn reducing the loss they take per case of paint by selling it cheap or discounting it. Now each case they don't sell at an event can be sold at its full retail value to people who don't carry a sponsorship with that company. This is especially true for teams that receive free or nearly free paint.

Money is the driving force behind everything, and when the economy takes a dive, an industry like ours has to cut the fat where they can to ensure that they survive.
hey carl from just playing pheonix our 5man line shot our average cases per event...imo as of this moment if they want to lower the ammount of case usage...they need to have a better lay out that doesnt have 2 positions that will basicly lock down the field...cuz @ pheonix those cans held the field down and i was shooting average 4-5 pods per game
Old 03-23-2008, 07:45 PM #41
B i s c u i t s
Pilsbury Tough

Joe, I would assume there are a few variables that need to be taken into account, one of which is definitely the field lay out itself.

Also, how far did the 5-man team advance compared to previous events? How long did the matches last into the 5:00min. compared to previous events?

In all honesty, I don't know if it is going to show results immediately or something that is going to be shown over the course of the season. I do know that if you were to use an equation with the same exact variables, and the use 13 bps against the 15 bps there really wouldn't be any possible way for them to equal each other.

Who knows, its definitely not an issue I am going to be heart broken about.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM #42
LJay942

I'm heading out on Sunday to The Badlandz. My Shocker has a Blackheart board rather than mess with my dwell and ROF Delay I'm just going to turn my v35 HaloB down to the first setting. You think I'll be alright? Or should I use the zdspb chart?
Black Dye DM5
LJay942 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups