Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 05:48 PM #43
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:
 
careyman_462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyt View Post
Well, when you put it like that, little girls getting raped every 5 minutes in the USA doesn't seem so bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by careyman_462 View Post
It is terrible, but to put the "every 5 minutes" number in perspective, that's 0.0007% of the female population each year.
.
__________________
Old PbNation Feedback
(+19/-0)
careyman_462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2008, 05:53 PM #44
timmyt (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Oh I get what you're saying.

It is terrible, but it could be worse. Like Hitler was terrible, but it could have been much worse. Nice. I feel much better.
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:03 PM #45
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:
 
careyman_462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyt View Post
Oh I get what you're saying.

It is terrible, but it could be worse. Like Hitler was terrible, but it could have been much worse. Nice. I feel much better.
Saying things like "every 5 minutes" make problems seem much bigger than they really are. It makes it sound like people are getting raped left and right at the mall, in the streets, etc. Percentages are a lot better since they offer a comparison, and let you know how big the problem really is. You could take that percentage and compare it to other countries, how it varies by region/city here in the U.S., etc.

Rape is a horrible thing, and happens too often.

Of course, it doesn't matter what the hell I say, you're just going to continue to put words in my mouth.
__________________
Old PbNation Feedback
(+19/-0)
careyman_462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:00 PM #46
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit
 
corporationpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Burlington, VT
Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
That's what happens when you lower the standards to get into the military.
I guess thats what happens when we get in too far over our heads as a Nation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleLawrence View Post
Hang 'em high in the streets for everyone to see.
And

Let the Iraqi's see our soldiers (and 'hired help') can still be prosecuted... If we fumble this one thousands of Iraqi's and hundreds of Americans are likely to die...
__________________

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:49 PM #47
EY3
one love
 
EY3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: location, location.
id show you something even worse but youtube keeps removing anything even remotely anti-american. anyway theres like 4 cases where soldiers got cought doing that. i wonder how many didnt get cought.
__________________
رایم برای من مراجعت کنید
EY3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:54 PM #48
drunkkoala (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by EY3 View Post
id show you something even worse but youtube keeps removing anything even remotely anti-american. anyway theres like 4 cases where soldiers got cought doing that. i wonder how many didnt get cought.
when i read cought i read it as coft.
drunkkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:53 PM #49
strongboy2005
And the memory remains...
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkkoala View Post
or him raping the little girl, only to have her stoned to death in public by the whole town becuase she had sex with someone who wasn't her husband?
I see your point. I think they will still see it as worse since it was an American who perpetrated it and it was not the girl's fault (in other cases of rape, the reason the girl is punished is because she is being viewed as "putting" herself in that situation).

It's a terribly incorrect saying, but there used to be a saying that went something like "good girls don't get raped" (I believe it was a popular saying about 50 years ago). Obviously I do not believe this, but I think that this is the premise that Muslim countries base their laws on.
strongboy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 AM #50
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile
 
SynTek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nation of Joe
SynTek is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
Let the Iraqi's see our soldiers (and 'hired help') can still be prosecuted... If we fumble this one thousands of Iraqi's and hundreds of Americans are likely to die...

I'd say that the Military enlisted are willingly thrown to the wolves often enough to refute your statement. The Hired help unfortunatly gets a lot of leeway because they operate in a very wide grey area.
__________________
You can't buy happiness. So steal it.
SynTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 AM #51
timmyt (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by careyman_462 View Post
Saying things like "every 5 minutes" make problems seem much bigger than they really are. It makes it sound like people are getting raped left and right at the mall, in the streets, etc. Percentages are a lot better since they offer a comparison, and let you know how big the problem really is. You could take that percentage and compare it to other countries, how it varies by region/city here in the U.S., etc.

Rape is a horrible thing, and happens too often.

Of course, it doesn't matter what the hell I say, you're just going to continue to put words in my mouth.
Really, I was just proving a point. The thread starter doesn't give a **** about the Iraqi girl who got raped, or for that matter, the girls who get raped every 5 minutes in our own country. Where is the general "I hate rape" thread?

The "outrage" is clearly biased and meant to cast a dark shadow over our soldiers' reputations.
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:10 PM #52
NightKreeper
 
 
NightKreeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Springfield, Missouri
NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
if hes guilty, roadside bomb FTW
__________________
old feedback 31/0/0

Kick'n Paintball Park
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:31 PM #53
Nick Stanger
get the @*&% off my field
 
Nick Stanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oregon-Da woods
Check this sicko out raped and murdered an infant and sexually asulted the baby's brother too

http://www.katu.com/news/local/16478536.html
Nick Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:01 PM #54
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:
 
careyman_462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyt View Post
Really, I was just proving a point. The thread starter doesn't give a **** about the Iraqi girl who got raped, or for that matter, the girls who get raped every 5 minutes in our own country. Where is the general "I hate rape" thread?
Yeah, but you jumped down my throat, and put words in my mouth, so I figured I'd clear it up.

Quote:
The "outrage" is clearly biased and meant to cast a dark shadow over our
soldiers' reputations.
True.
__________________
Old PbNation Feedback
(+19/-0)
careyman_462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:25 PM #55
timmyt (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I appologize
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:27 PM #56
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:
 
careyman_462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
No problem, if we all agreed all the time, ST: P would suck.
__________________
Old PbNation Feedback
(+19/-0)
careyman_462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 PM #57
The 2008 Account
 
 
The 2008 Account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Galway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Stanger View Post
Check this sicko out raped and murdered an infant and sexually asulted the baby's brother too

http://www.katu.com/news/local/16478536.html
No one cares if its in our own country though
__________________
The Walrus was Paul

Libertarianism-the radical notion that you don't own other people
The 2008 Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 PM #58
OBGYNtaco (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: north, not canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by EY3 View Post
id show you something even worse but youtube keeps removing anything even remotely anti-american. anyway theres like 4 cases where soldiers got cought doing that. i wonder how many didnt get cought.




How are people suppose to take you seriously? Educate yourself.
OBGYNtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:12 PM #59
goatsgotaboat (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
He cooked up some chicken wings...
goatsgotaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 PM #60
Numer0b0fis (Banned)
 
Numer0b0fis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas
****ing pigs.
Numer0b0fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 PM #61
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBGYNtaco View Post
[IM]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh110/refugee88/7007d367.png[/IMG]

How are people suppose to take you seriously? Educate yourself.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:27 PM #62
Matt.is.back2011
 
 
Matt.is.back2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
^^^^rofl
__________________
THE OHIO STATE
Class of 2011
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:38 PM #63
[JUSTIN]
●LOVE●
 
[JUSTIN]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
I highly doubt this is a rare occurrence.
[JUSTIN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump