Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-11-2008, 01:09 PM #43
larry_wendel
What?

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ||IcEs|| View Post
Mass slaughter of a living, breathing creature is nothing to give a **** about?

Please STFU. Thanks.
Oooo.. tough guy. If you're so intent on being a hippie, why don't you go and save them yourself? Or hell, how would you suggest they get rid of them? I suppose you will personally adopt 10 of them.
Kappa Sigma, OK, #3
larry_wendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2008, 01:10 PM #44
larry_wendel
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinny2559 View Post
What if they were dogs?
I guess it just takes a bigger club to knock them out?
Kappa Sigma, OK, #3
larry_wendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:29 PM #45
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_wendel View Post
Oooo.. tough guy. If you're so intent on being a hippie, why don't you go and save them yourself? Or hell, how would you suggest they get rid of them? I suppose you will personally adopt 10 of them.
They won't let you adopt them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_wendel View Post
I guess it just takes a bigger club to knock them out?
They're not knocking them out. They just round them up, and stick them somewhere until they're all dead.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:35 PM #46
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyman_462 View Post
They won't let you adopt them.

They're not knocking them out. They just round them up, and stick them somewhere until they're all dead.
Wrong, the cats are being euthanized and then thrown into a fire to kill any potential diseases. However, the means of euthanization has not be omitted by the Chinese gov.

And I don't care to know. Compared to America, when the Chinese need to get something done, they do it! The U.S. procrastinates up till the last possible moment!
Old 03-11-2008, 02:40 PM #47
careyman_462

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
Wrong, the cats are being euthanized and then thrown into a fire to kill any potential diseases. However, the means of euthanization has not be omitted by the Chinese gov.

And I don't care to know. Compared to America, when the Chinese need to get something done, they do it! The U.S. procrastinates up till the last possible moment!
Quote:
Officials say people can adopt animals from the 12 cat pounds set up around the city, but welfare groups say they are almost impossible to get inside and believe few cats survive.
Quote:
"Disease spreads quickly among them and they die slowly in agony and distress. The government won't even do the cats the kindness of giving them lethal injections when they become sick. They just wait for them to die.
Quote:
"These cats are being left to die. It is very inhumane," said the group's founder Yan Qi, who runs a sanctuary for cats.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:44 PM #48
PDXMark

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that story was just pre-cat round up.
But just yesterday on NPR, a statement was made the the Chinese gov is doing in about +500 cats a day, because that is about as much as they can handle.

I remember just last year when this was being done to over 40,000+ criminals(or maybe it was the year before that), but it did happen!
I never saw one thread in here about that!
Old 03-11-2008, 02:52 PM #49
careyman_462

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that story was just pre-cat round up.
But just yesterday on NPR, a statement was made the the Chinese gov is doing in about +500 cats a day, because that is about as much as they can handle.
You're probably right then, this thread needs to be updated.

Quote:
I remember just last year when this was being done to over 40,000+ criminals(or maybe it was the year before that), but it did happen!
I never saw one thread in here about that!
You shoulda made one.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:57 PM #50
PDXMark

Quote:
You're probably right then, this thread needs to be updated.

You shoulda made one.
I think people would denie that, just as they are denile of;
anglo-white-American-businessmen-in-the-diamond-trade-using-Kenyon, Africans-as-slaves!
They are black, so what does the majority of this country care.

O'ego
Old 03-11-2008, 03:01 PM #51
timmyt (Banned)

Don't pull the race card like that. It's silly.
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:03 PM #52
timmyt (Banned)

That's like saying Colin Powel and Condi Rice don't really care about Africans because they are secretly white.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:05 PM #53
PDXMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyt View Post
That's like saying Colin Powel and Condi Rice don't really care about Africans because they are secretly white.
Funny, they have never made one public statement about it. If I'm wrong, please post the link to Rice or Powell expressing their disbelief in the Kenyon diamond trade!

And since I'm white, how is this a race card?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:55 PM #54
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
So, because china is taking the necissary measures to transform Bejing from a toxic waste filled hell-hole into a world class place for a sporting arena we're upset?

I mean, there are slightly less cruel ways to dispose of animals, but you can't fault China's method for being effecient.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:58 PM #55
timmyt (Banned)

Kittens are precious. They should be exalted on high. We wouldn't have Hello Kitty Darth Vader if it weren't for cats!

Old 03-11-2008, 09:48 PM #56
Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins View Post
I really ****ing hate China.

Those cats are more intelligent and valuable to the earth than the majority of "leaders" in the Chinese government. It's a joke of a country and the U.S. brown noses them like nothing else.

This is a world of ****.
Their government maybe. Their people are pretty damned nice. Just like most people anywhere in the world.. we're not that different.

But they've been raised under an unbelievable amount of propaganda.
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:13 PM #57
Gagarin II

Quote:
-Gagarin II
-CorkscrewGayson
-bushychild

Idiots(period)

!
pot calling the kettle black eh psycho boy?
Old 03-12-2008, 04:18 PM #58
Frank112916

good, cats ****in suck anyway. Although, we helped the jews, I guess we should help the cats too right?
Frank112916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:57 PM #59
VcityBaller_Impy (Banned)

VcityBaller_Impy is playing at Living Legends V
VcityBaller_Impy is for the Gunfight
VcityBaller_Impy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
VcityBaller_Impy supports Pev's Paintball
VcityBaller_Impy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
well, this is making me more pissed with the Chinese (not the working class, the corrupt bureaucrats). The fact that they HAVE to do this is ridiculous. I am not in PETA or any sort of animal rights group, and see nothing wrong with bullfighting, eating meat, or euthanization (in some cases, such as overcrowding in pounds, among other things). However, this is ridiculous, taking peoples PETS (I believe, I thought it was pets and strays) to just have them sit, get diseases and die. That is EXTREMELY CRUEL. China really does need to get its' **** together, I am damn sick of the problems the government causes, such as the lead paint and manufacturing issues, pollution (16 of the 20 most polluted and pollution-causing cities in the world are in China), and the overpopulation (and the method of dealing with it). Seriously China, get your **** together. You want to appear all nice on paper, but I say: ask many Chinese, the average people, people with average income and living conditions, if they would rather move to somewhere else, including: Russia, Japan, USA, Korea (North or South) or even India, and I am willing to bet that they would rather live somewhere else, and if given the chance, I bet that a lot of people would express their distain for the Chinese government, however if they do, they will be jailed or killed (I believe, however do not quote me on that, I thought that was how the censorship worked in China). Seriously, I think the Olympics Committee or whoever decides where the Olympics are held should decide against Beijing due to the actions of the government, how about somewhere in Europe, like Madrid or somewhere without a real poverty problem. My analogy on China and Beijing (as a country, not directed at the people who aren't corrupt) is: The girl who you thought was hot while drunk, but then once you came to your senses was, in reality, terrible and ugly.
edit: GTFO you antisemitic pig above me. What did the Jews, or the Cats do to deserve massmurder? Comparing cats to a person (just because of their religion, their BELIEFS) is completely rediculous. Seriously, this is why Jews are moving to Israel (well, one of the reasons, aside from the belief that God promised it to them), to escape racists like you. Seriously, drink bleach, what did the Jewish people (as a whole, not one Jew) do to you.

Last edited by VcityBaller_Impy : 03-12-2008 at 05:01 PM.
VcityBaller_Impy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:07 PM #60
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins

I'm going to laugh my *** off when China starts having a serious problem with the plague again. Also with the amount of Olympic athletes not going to Beijing because of the pollution, I don't see the Olympics in China being anything but a failure.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FluffyMumkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:04 PM #61
Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagarin II View Post
pot calling the kettle black eh psycho boy?
Actually you're definitely a douche. Your posts rarely if ever have any substance at all.
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:48 PM #62
Frank112916

Quote:
Originally Posted by VcityBaller_Impy View Post
well, this is making me more pissed with the Chinese (not the working class, the corrupt bureaucrats). The fact that they HAVE to do this is ridiculous. I am not in PETA or any sort of animal rights group, and see nothing wrong with bullfighting, eating meat, or euthanization (in some cases, such as overcrowding in pounds, among other things). However, this is ridiculous, taking peoples PETS (I believe, I thought it was pets and strays) to just have them sit, get diseases and die. That is EXTREMELY CRUEL. China really does need to get its' **** together, I am damn sick of the problems the government causes, such as the lead paint and manufacturing issues, pollution (16 of the 20 most polluted and pollution-causing cities in the world are in China), and the overpopulation (and the method of dealing with it). Seriously China, get your **** together. You want to appear all nice on paper, but I say: ask many Chinese, the average people, people with average income and living conditions, if they would rather move to somewhere else, including: Russia, Japan, USA, Korea (North or South) or even India, and I am willing to bet that they would rather live somewhere else, and if given the chance, I bet that a lot of people would express their distain for the Chinese government, however if they do, they will be jailed or killed (I believe, however do not quote me on that, I thought that was how the censorship worked in China). Seriously, I think the Olympics Committee or whoever decides where the Olympics are held should decide against Beijing due to the actions of the government, how about somewhere in Europe, like Madrid or somewhere without a real poverty problem. My analogy on China and Beijing (as a country, not directed at the people who aren't corrupt) is: The girl who you thought was hot while drunk, but then once you came to your senses was, in reality, terrible and ugly.
edit: GTFO you antisemitic pig above me. What did the Jews, or the Cats do to deserve massmurder? Comparing cats to a person (just because of their religion, their BELIEFS) is completely rediculous. Seriously, this is why Jews are moving to Israel (well, one of the reasons, aside from the belief that God promised it to them), to escape racists like you. Seriously, drink bleach, what did the Jewish people (as a whole, not one Jew) do to you.
I wasn't making any sort of racist comment.

Lets look at your little rant here which has very little fact behind it and even less grammar. Have you ever heard of a paragraph before?

Anyway

1) They aren't taking peoples pets. They are telling them not to let them roam the streets. They are just killing the ones that are stray.

2) There are plenty of corrupt Beurocrates in the states too. The fact that they are communist sort of fuels that corruption but there is a slow but steady change to a much less hardline communistic view. Hong Kong has one of the most free economies in the world.

3) Back when we were in our industrial revolution (the same thing china is going through today) we had child labor, lead paint, no unions or minimum wage, and more deaths than you can imagine. Why do you think they called it the gilded age? Many had to suffer in sweatshops and factories to get where we are today. It's the price of progress. So is high pollution. Why should China be held to the same standards of the United States? It doesn't make any sense.

4) As for the poverty problem, there isn't that much poverty in the Major cities. You might like to know that Hong Kong was ranked 23rd in the world on the HDI scale while greater China was ranked 94th out of 177 countries. Life expentency is actually HIGHER in Hong Kong than it is in the entire US. In Hong Kong the GDP per capita, when Purchasing Power Parity is taken into account (compared to the US dollar) it is 26,910. In the rest of greater china 4,580. The problem with this last statistic is that in the smaller communities and more remote villages (which most of china is) one doesn't need as much money to live. Poverty is relative. These aren't necessarily destitute people, they're just not technologically advanced. We can't expect that 1.5 billion people are going to make 35k each. That's ridiculous. Especially considering most of the workers in China are that of unskilled labor or agricultural work.
Frank112916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:04 AM #63
timmyballer67
Viva la Big XII!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyMumkins View Post
I really ****ing hate China.

Those cats are more intelligent and valuable to the earth than the majority of "leaders" in the Chinese government. It's a joke of a country and the U.S. brown noses them like nothing else.

This is a world of ****.
I am taking Chinese because I didn't want to take Spanish, and I'm learning about their lifestyle, etc. and they care so ****ing much about what other people/countries think about them it has gotten ridiculous.