Mr Pump
The one Shot Wonder

hahaha double thinkk ahhh!

syracuse lacrosse
Mr Pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:34 AM #24
olio (Banned)
God

The best way to reduce crimes like this would not be to instill fear among the perpetrators because this will not only arise contempt within the criminals themselves but also in decent people who feel violated by the invasion of their own privacy. The answer lies in the exact polar opposite, we should embrace freedom of speech, work on building a world where everyone is comfortable, no-one should have to fear their fellow man. If every single human was understanding, compassionate, expressive and above all loving then I don't think incidents like this would arise. But realistically none of this will ever happen so I guess there's no use in discussing it. So the real answer is poz criminalz neg holez?
olio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:00 AM #25
||IcEs||
kek

has been a member for 10 years
Camera's will not deter those from wanting to commit crimes where a camera is, it just makes it harder for them to carry it out if someone is watching or to get off, if caught.

Think of it like this.

If you child went missing in a city, nobody will take any notice except the camera's, you can trace movements with CCTV and that is one of the biggest strengths of the system.

The reason the UK has such a high crime rate is because we have a massive influx of immigrants, coupled with a pathetic justice system that releases violent criminals into the public domain or sends them to open prison.

There is no punishment and the police are a total joke, my mother works alongside the police and they seem to have adopted the US military tactics of one massive convoy of vehicles and officer's that simply wander around aimlessly until something happens, which they all respond too.

The Uk is run by the Mickey Mosue brigade and CCTV is not to blame.
||IcEs|| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:43 PM #26
Cass

I think the problem lies in the criminal justice system. They think putting everyone in prisions will solve the problems when in reality our prisions our over crowded and its you and me who pay for societys bad apples to have 3 hots and a cot. 1 in every 100 Americans are in prisions, murders and rapist should just be given the death penalty, theives should have a finger/hand cut off, and prision and fines should only be used for criminals who commit non violent crimes. I think by increasing punishment on people WHO COMMIT THE CRIME than making more laws and taking away libertys from the Americans who obey the law then we will see a decrease in crime while increasing our freedoms.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:28 PM #27
holycheezit
I'm Vicious, Bro

holycheezit supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
theives should have a finger/hand cut off
lol
Old 03-09-2008, 02:41 PM #28
fishy#2
I AM THE LIZARD QUEEN!

fishy#2 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ||IcEs|| View Post
The reason the UK has such a high crime rate is because we have a massive influx of immigrants, coupled with a pathetic justice system that releases violent criminals into the public domain or sends them to open prison.

There is no punishment and the police are a total joke, my mother works alongside the police and they seem to have adopted the US military tactics of one massive convoy of vehicles and officer's that simply wander around aimlessly until something happens, which they all respond too.

The Uk is run by the Mickey Mosue brigade and CCTV is not to blame.
Don't forget the fact your country disarmed law abiding citizens and seems to frown upon defending ones life and personal property.
fishy#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:15 PM #29
Cass

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycheezit View Post
lol
Haha you like that? I bet if you got a finger cut off you wouldnt steal **** again.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:44 PM #30
holycheezit
I'm Vicious, Bro

I agree with it, it's just it would never happen
Old 03-09-2008, 03:54 PM #31
Cass

I know....its fun to dream
Old 03-09-2008, 04:46 PM #32
LT. Lynch

So Im just saying that it would be helpful in high crime or very populated areas to have a camera on every street, I just think that it could solve many of our problems in trying to CATCH the criminals, I'm not dealing with the persecution of them.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:54 PM #33
holycheezit
I'm Vicious, Bro

don't criminals wear masks anyway though, all you would do is catch people committing traffic violations
Old 03-09-2008, 05:22 PM #34
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by holycheezit View Post
don't criminals wear masks anyway though, all you would do is catch people committing traffic violations
I think you assume criminals are smart as a rule.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:41 PM #35
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Original posted on the 'Make.com' site-

Quote:
Building an (IR) infrared-veil
Yallla writes "For the 22C3 some people from Vienna conducted some CCTV wiretapping experiments; in a sidenote they said that infrared light is disturbing CCTV cameras. I'm now conducting experiments about how you could exploit that feature of CCD-sensors to create some kind of infrared-veil - like a basball cap full of IR transmitting LEDs, spoilng the CCTV footage experience of your airport security staff. Goals of my experiments are if it's really working, what type of LEDs are suitable and what happens to me in real life when i just say "Shields up!!" Link
I've been following the underground story of Ir flooding with high intensity Ir transmitting LED lights. What this technology does; when you come into the viewing peripheral vision of an Ir-CCTv/CCS camera, the LED's that can be worn will flood the intire viewing area with white light(Ir spectrum light), not visible to the human eye, but very visible and annoying to Ir-CCTv/CCS. So far the project test in various cities around the planet have showed great progress. The first of the Ir-block was only able to put a white light over the wearers head. Now the wearer can have flooding protection for a surrounding 500 ft when an array is built into a baseball cap spanning a 360* direction.
I plan on making one just for fun!

This tech is much like "Tv-B-gone"!