PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-10-2001, 01:25 AM #1
adawg

has been a member for 10 years
What tank, I have shootdown

I had a Pure Energy 68/3000 fiberwraped tank with a preset reg and when I shot full auto (13 bps) on my Angel the first ball would shoot good, the second would drop a little, third dropped a little more, then the fourth ball chopped. I think it is my LPR but could the tank be a problem also? In this case, would a 4500 tank be better than a 3000, I am also trying to stay with a screw in tank. Thanks for your help.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2001, 07:33 PM #2
bad-karma
|3D|<|2m

try someone elses tank.
Old 10-10-2001, 07:34 PM #3
El Scandelouse
Banned

dont shoot full auto idiot..its not legal
Old 10-10-2001, 08:24 PM #4
The Great Morpheus
Its Bunker Wipe I Swear

its legal in the usa but most fields dont allow it in tourny or rec play only in scenarios. you really shouldnt have shootdown with a pe on an angel, especally after 3 to 4 shots. Clean your inline reg and gun then see what it does. I see alot of people using pe presets on there angels.

SRQ Hired Gun
My Feedback
Old 10-11-2001, 12:51 AM #5
adawg

Yeah, I play rec ball at a local field, I don't plan on using full auto alot (paint is expensive) I just wanted to make sure it worked well if I wanted to. I will unscrew the macro fitting on the reg and blow it out, when I put it on I laced the whole thread piece with teflon, maybe it got loose inside the reg, thanks.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:45 PM #6
Scott7d
Oooh, Jesuth Christh!!

Annual Supporting Member
Scott7d is a Supporting Member
Scott7d is a founding member
Scott7d donated to help Peyton Trent
Scott7d supports Bob Gurnsey
Scott7d supports our troops
shootdown

I doubt your air is being double regulated since you have a pure energy which would have alot to do with it. AA raptors, and armageddons have regs on them instead of being preset. One of those should help. Plus any gun shooting 13bps will have some shootdown to it no matter what. And chopping a ball, you may need a faster hopper or a turbo board for your hopper which you can get at www.wickedairsportz.com. It handles 16bps and has some cool features. I believe it runs about 40 bucks. I mess around with my gun and can get 14bps on semi auto sometimes and doesnt have much shoot down, and no chops at all with the turbo board and geddon tank. You arent limited to Air America tanks, there are other good adjustable tanks. I heard people have good luck with the Max Flow, but I have never tried it.
"Originally posted by protomatrix101: Scott7d- What you said to A-5 Best will probably help me out to, so thank you for your advice."
Old 10-11-2001, 07:24 PM #7
El Scandelouse
Banned

you dont need an angel for rec ball
go away
Old 10-11-2001, 08:27 PM #8
Scott7d
Oooh, Jesuth Christh!!

Annual Supporting Member
Scott7d is a Supporting Member
Scott7d is a founding member
Scott7d donated to help Peyton Trent
Scott7d supports Bob Gurnsey
Scott7d supports our troops

Yeah, havent you heard, you have to use cheap plastic used guns whenever you play rec ball. You arent supposed to go by personal preference or funds.
"Originally posted by protomatrix101: Scott7d- What you said to A-5 Best will probably help me out to, so thank you for your advice."
Old 10-11-2001, 10:39 PM #9
adawg

Ok thanks for all of your tips, I will checkit out as soon as I get a new tank, and El Scandelouse, please quit with your useless random posts....such as I'm an idiot for shooting full auto. If I pay 1,000 bucks for a gun I think I am gonna make use of all the features, even if one of them being full auto. If you don't like it, then don't shoot full auto, but I will.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:57 PM #10
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
If your PE doesn't have something wrong with the reg it should be fine as long as you have a good secondary reg on the gun. The WDP reg that came with the gun should work well enough. You should try and check the output pressure of the PE's reg, it should be around 800-850 psi. You may have some kind of restriction or your regs may need to be relubed.

I've used a 4500 psi PE on my excal and maxed it out to 13 bps with no shootdown at all. The 3000 shouldn't be much different.

If you feel the need to upgrade tanks though I have a 68 4500 hyperflow for sale on the boards.
Old 10-11-2001, 11:04 PM #11
adawg

Is your tank a screw in, if so, I am interested, what is the date and condition, how much. i sort of have a limited budget, that is why I am trying to stay with PE. Also, what hopper are you running with your excal?
Old 10-12-2001, 12:14 AM #12
The Great Morpheus
Its Bunker Wipe I Swear

4500 valves tends to be a bit higher flowing on presets though but still like i said you should be fine with pe

SRQ Hired Gun
My Feedback
Old 10-12-2001, 12:38 AM #13
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
My hyperflow is a 201 series so it's not screw in.

I've ran a BE revy and a turbo board modded revy. The un-modded BE revy doesn't keep up as well as the others and I would pinch quite a bit. That's one of the great features on the excal though, in most cases the bolt pinches the ball and doesn't chop. When the battery connection isn't shorting out on my turbo rev it shoots fine. I've also borrowed a pre be rev, and a ricochet and both kept up well. Although the rico I used is pretty loud I don't know if it is one of the "noisy" batch or not.

BadKarma had a good idea in trying a different tank or maybe one PE 68 3000 and another different reg. You could borrow someone elses and see if you still get shootdown or not. My other thought still goes with checking the output to see if it's around 800 or not.

Oh yeah is the shootdown noticable in semi mode?

BTW full auto is allowed at Hell Survivors in Mich home of Monster game and Tippmann vs. World
Old 10-13-2001, 04:27 AM #14
adawg

No, the shootdown is not noticeable on semi auto, and when I dry fire Full auto, its fine, constant air pressure, but when I shoot balls, it will chop. I can't figure it out, I have a 12volt revvi with intelifeed, shouldn't it be able to feed 13bps. Well, I have the weekend to fool with my gun, I think I will take it in to make sure there is no leaks in my setup and the LPR is set right, otherwise it might be the tank.
Old 10-13-2001, 11:06 AM #15
The Great Morpheus
Its Bunker Wipe I Swear

a 12v revvy can only feed 11.5 bps get a new chip to shoot 13 bps, that will run you around $30

SRQ Hired Gun
My Feedback
Old 10-13-2001, 10:16 PM #16
Bigfoot16
SEXY *****!

if you want NO shoot down then get a conquest

i emptied my hopper at 12 bps and had no drop off whatsoever

those tanks are insane

the hyperflow tanks provide similar flow rate

I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.

***Black 2.0 Dark Angel w/ 68/4500 Maxflo***

2k cocker w/ 68 4500 conquest and some odds and ends