Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2008, 05:21 AM #23
k.rollin
VW Slayer

k.rollin helped look for balloons
k.rollin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
k.rollin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
James is right, I haven't played in quite some time and never in a highly competitive event like a tourney. It's good to see the enthusiasm though. What we really need is a reorganization of our club before we try and get too serious, because leadership is lacking. At the next meeting, which is after the event, we need a big turnout and we need to have appointed or elected officers, because when it comes right down to it, Lucas lacks the capacity and ability to do it by himself.

In regards to who would be paying, it'd probably be split. Either we have a meeting with the AS to try and get funding, or we pay ourselves to establish ourselves then ask for money. The second option would probably be the best, although not all of us (myself included) may not be able to afford it.

The way I see it, WWU will be sitting this one out, so that we can have the time to figure our stuff out.

Democrats are not the problem. Republicans and Libertarians are the problem. Republicans without the intellectual stamina to become Libertarians, and Libertarians without the physical courage to become Riflemen.

Western Washington University Paintball
k.rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 PM #24
jtb1689

I was just thinking, if I read right, there has to be the 4 schools that will play in order to hold the tourny in the first place. If we back out that would only make 3 schools, causing it to not go through and then put everyone right back to square one trying to get another tournament back up here some other time instead of just establishing that it can happen. (Now I could be wrong there and maybe I read everything wrong.) In any case, I say yes, we go, we possibly get our butts kicked, or if the players up here are as solid as I've heard then we do somewhat decent because even with awesome players if you don't have practice you aren't going to win. But from the sounds of it half these guys sound like they already play regularly together if not practice on the same team together. Regardless of what happens, WWU makes a showing and we establish ourselves as a school that does indeed have a paintball team and start the process into the loop, thus we aren't disregarded or forgotten when the next event comes up. I say get 5 or 6 guys, if you want have them all know each other, I'll back out if we want to only send guys who already play together, send them down there, compete for a day. And then its over, 1 day, less than 100 bucks each, to play in a tourny if not to represent the school to just play in a tourny and have some fun. Then we have our meeting after the tourny that k.rollin is talking about and start pulling are act together and get a solid roster and team and practice and all that set up so that the next tournament, not only will we go in being known as a school who DOES indeed have a team, but we will leave as a school with a solid team that plays some serious ball.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:20 PM #25
k.rollin
VW Slayer

Well right now, I think UW is the only school that has even registered for the college tourney. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see this happen, but that game is in two weeks, and we have yet to find five guys who can play in it, not to mention that time is limited for practice, seeing as how next week is finals, then its spring break. Also, I don't see myself getting out of the scenario help I signed up for back home, so I'm out for this one.

Democrats are not the problem. Republicans and Libertarians are the problem. Republicans without the intellectual stamina to become Libertarians, and Libertarians without the physical courage to become Riflemen.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:06 PM #26
Maytherman
Appropriate

has been a member for 10 years
well, i don't have a lot of money in the first place, so dropping 100$ on a tourny to get our ***** kicked isn't something i'm all about doing.
Maytherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:28 PM #27
Sir Dies-Alot
In love with THC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytherman View Post
well, i don't have a lot of money in the first place, so dropping 100$ on a tourny to get our ***** kicked isn't something i'm all about doing.
Not only that but in reality I bet we would all spend that much just on paint

Matt
Sir Dies-Alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:48 PM #28
leeninwit1shot
just like to shoot with 1

leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nah i dont think CDR people would, dont forget loren has trouble recognizing pod packs for what they are anymore

BTA
leeninwit1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:34 PM #29
XSycloneX

you guys should really try to do this tourney. its more about getting the NW NCPA conference off the ground than anything else. jtb1689 has the right idea.

WSU is in the exact same situation you guys are, and they're coming all the way from Pullman. I believe only a few of them have played together before, and they've never played a tourney together.

UI is new as well. They've played together a bit, and have only played one 3-man beginner tourney.

NCONTROL is even trying to throw a team together from Evergreen State College.

UW has been playing together for a while, but the last tourney we played was last summer. We only play about every other week, and its a different group of guys every time. We're gonna try and field 2 teams, and half of our guys haven't even played a tourney before, or are new to the club.

In reality, we're all on a relatively level playing field.
XSycloneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:09 PM #30
k.rollin
VW Slayer

maybe we can get a meeting with the as to ask for a few hundred bucks to pay for paint, air, transport and entry fee for the event. then all we have to do is put together a team and not worry about money (aside from APPA registration, if you aren't already signed up with them). of course, Lucas is the one who knows how to pull that stuff, and so I don't know how that'll go down since he seems kind of busy.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:22 PM #31
sensevision
superman

sensevision is a Supporting Member
just got accepted into western. chyea
sensevision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:26 PM #32
leeninwit1shot

damn western is looking to be a powerhouse... now sergio needs to start playing again

BTA
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 PM #33
sensevision
superman

true old skool

Last edited by sensevision : 03-12-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:24 AM #34
leeninwit1shot

dang what 05?

BTA
Old 03-13-2008, 10:30 PM #35
tommygun6989
PBrack/UW/Spades/IK

Hey Guys,

I am willing to Head up the Tournament team. Please copy this list and add your name if you are a WWU student taking 12 credits or more and would be willing to play. This ISN'T final or even concrete, but just and idea. Contact tomyankee11@aol.com or (253)632-4905 if you are serious about playing.

1.Thomas Clarke (Willing to play/pay with a full roster)
Alt 1.
Alt 2.
Alt 3.

-Thomas Clarke
tommygun6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:37 PM #36
jtb1689

2. Justin Blankenburg (Willing to play/pay with a full roster)
Alt 1.
Alt 2.
Alt 3.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:40 PM #37
sensevision
superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeninwit1shot View Post
dang what 05?
somewhere around there. i just found a video that we were starting to edit for playpen army when we were trying to get sponsored. theres like a 2 minute interview of me when i was like 14 by pablo estakado then a mixtape of me. pretty funny stuff.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:05 AM #38
Maytherman
Appropriate

2. Justin Blankenburg (Willing to play/pay with a full roster)
3. James Mayther (front/mid) Willing to play/pay for some.
Alt 1.
Alt 2.
Alt 3.

I'm sorta limited on funds so hopefully the school can pay for a bit of it. And i'll have to see where i'm at with SVP. I've been kinda slackin lately and stuff.
Maytherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:22 AM #39
jtb1689

Now that's a little more like it. So who else wants to play, at least 2 more is all we need
Old 03-14-2008, 03:12 AM #40
k.rollin
VW Slayer

Thomas forwarded me and anyone else who went to last week's meeting this email from Comcast. Basically, we do a little work for them, they give us money ($1000 to be exact). Here's the details:

Hi Paintball Club ,
ClubFunding has been providing student organizations with great fundraising opportunities for the last 5 years. We have a fundraising opportunity for Paintball Club coming up a Western Washington University. This fundraiser is for Comcast Cable.
Your responsibilities would include passing out flyers, posters, and door hangers around campus and around your members class schedules. Then your organization will need to provide at least 5 members at all times to help pass out free moving boxes to fellow students around campus for 2 days and off campus for two days from 9am – 4pm. The same students do not need to work all day, but we would appreciate as little turn over as possible. We will pay your organization $1000 plus bonus possibilities for participating in this fundraiser.
If Paintball Club is interested in participating please respond ASAP. I have offered this opportunity to several organizations on campus and I will be selecting an organization to work with on a first come first serve basis. Please also send a contact phone number for quick contact.
Cheers,
Myles
Myles Lennon
Associate Director
ClubFunding
Myles@clubfunding.com
340 Brannan St.
San Francisco, CA 94107
V: 415. 692.3125
F: 415.644.0006

I'm in to do this, but it's going to take more people in order to make it work.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:30 AM #41
tommygun6989
PBrack/UW/Spades/IK

Thanks for that post. We need to do some fundraisers. Good work guys. Who else can play? CDR guys are in Phoenix I think...
tommygun6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:08 AM #42
leeninwit1shot

yea they will be back monday or tuesday... just wait to hear from them im sure they will be up for it at least some of them

BTA
ReplyRegional Ups